Author Topic: Rock you like a hurricane  (Read 6169 times)

Offline DeadlyChicken

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 22
Re: Rock you like a hurricane
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2008, 07:13:34 am »
sounded cool ;)

what setting you using on the vamp ?
I have the vamp pro, sometimes it sounds nice to me, other times it sounds urrggh  ;)
Gear:~
Electric
Epiphone Les Paul Std, Fender MIM Strat, Gherson SG copy
Amps
Roland Cube 30X, V Amp pro, Marshall DSL401
Acoustic
Ashton SL29CEQ, Fender Malibu SCE
FX
TU-2, crybaby JH-1b, DS-2, EH Stereo Memory Man w Hazarai

Mahly

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2008, 10:56:38 am »
Hey, sorry it took so long to reply (didn't see the 2nd page at first LOL)
For this song, I'm using the Brit Hi Gain. Mid and Treb are both at max, and Bass at 3 presence at max as well. Gain is on and set to max.
Using speaker #4 with some reverb (about 8), reverb setting on 1 for room size, and I have the delay effect on about 4, hitting the tap button about as fast as I could. (basically just using it to shape the reverb a touch)

I'm using the bridge pick up with tone set to high as far as it will go.
I'm using the generic version of the Duncan Blackouts (active)

At least that's where it's at right now...I THINK I might have used a slightly different setting to make the vid....I get them to sound really good to my ear...than after a while, it seems easier to hear the differences between what I sound like, and what the music sounds like.

It's close enough now, that unless you have your guitar significantly louder than the music, it's VERY hard to tell if your playing...until you stop

Keep playing with it, these things are GREAT (at least great for metal on a budget LOL)

NOTE: The video has the above settings, but it is also being played on a home stereo with at least 2 15" 4 way mains and a 300w 15" subwoofer... different stereos may need slightly different settings....but this seems to sound good with my stereo OR with my Yamaha headphones.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 11:02:58 am by Mahly »

Mahly

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2008, 11:05:58 am »
LOL, watching the video again....my current settings (the ones I listed above) are MUCH better than the settings I used in the video. LOL

balrog617

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 06:28:59 am »
Pretty sweet playing man.

Is that a Schecter C-1? I have one, they are great.

Mahly

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2008, 06:48:21 pm »
Yep, That's a Schecter C-1 alright! I love it! Best gamble I ever made.
I was SICK of playing my POS acoustic ($30 delivered LOL) and I HAD to have a new "REAL" guitar...and I wanted electric for my choice of music.

The store I buy my stuff from had a Schecter Damien but it had the Floyd ROde Trem on it...I REALLY wanted a Damien...but they said they were back ordered for another 4 weeks!!! They happened to have the C-1 on the wall...I didn't like the idea of active pick ups for a first guitar (K.I.S.S. and all that) but it had better wood, and cost the same as the Damien FR...so I grabbed it and ran (I paid for it LOL).

That COULD have been a HUGE mistake....but it was the best thing I ever did for my guitar playing!!

NOW, I have my eye on a Dean "Dave Mustaine" V   will have to save up a LOT more $$$ for that, but I really like the way a V feels when playing standing up.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App