Author Topic: The Thank You Thread  (Read 430378 times)

Offline sacha21

• Good Vibes 0
Re: The Thank You Thread
« Reply #2985 on: January 14, 2019, 03:31:27 am »
Dude, I just wanted to thank you for your youtube courses. You are truly a beautiful soul. Learning how to play guitar was looking kinda hard since my hands are small and stuff, but since I found your videos you give me hope everyday and make me feel like im improving. All of this is really helping me through some rough times so I just really wanted to make sure I had some way of telling you how much I appreciate what you do. I see theres thousands if not millions of people who feel the same way I do. Hope you are still the same awesome person from 2009 (the date of the videos im watching)if not better.
 Hope you the Best

Sacha

Offline woodjer

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2986 on: January 14, 2019, 04:01:13 pm »
I've just passed my last hurdle for moving out of stage 1 of the Beginner Course.  It wasn't easy but, for the first time in 20 years of owning a guitar, I can see it becoming a big part of my life.  This course never seems to take itself too seriously while also teaching some solid stuff.  I also like how the song videos keep things simple but present opportunities to try pushing myself as I get better.  Finally, I really appreciate the structure laid out in these early stages.  That makes it SO much easier than what I used to do: sit down and stare at my guitar wondering what to play.

Thanks for such an awesome site and resource!

Offline docd

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2987 on: January 15, 2019, 07:48:36 pm »
First post!  I've finished the beginners course too. It took a bit longer than I thought but covered lots of ground. Now for intermediate 1  :P

Offline .adrian

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2988 on: January 17, 2019, 03:32:23 am »
Man, this website has been super amazing! I was getting by reading a book to teach myself how to play, but after discovering this website I have found that I am so much more enthusiastic and my practice time has increased greatly. I wanted to get better, but motivation to play was hard to find because I felt stuck or lost or whatever. This makes me so happy! Everything is explained in a very easily understandable way and the videos are very helpful. Thanks for making this great resource!

Offline turtleDonkey

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2989 on: January 20, 2019, 03:18:17 pm »
I tried to learn guitar several times over a few years and always stopped after a couple weeks, I had the impression I would never make progress and didn't find a course that worked for me.
And then I found your youtube channel / website and loved your way of teaching and structuring your course. After a little bit less than a year of playing almost every day I'm now at the end of the beginner course, giving myself a few months to consolidate everything I have learned.

So yeah a big thank you for your videos, website and apps! Your work is really appreciated.
I play like a turtle and sound like a donkey.

Offline 1995leni

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2990 on: January 21, 2019, 01:54:16 pm »
Hey I wanted to say thanks form Spain! I started learning guitar 2 months ago and despite me practicing everyday I wasn't progressing, I recently found your site and skiped the first lessons and now that I reached my level in your course I'm progressing really fast. I can't thank you enough for your work!!!!

Offline fatfatboy

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2991 on: January 21, 2019, 06:24:51 pm »
Hey,
 Just wanted to give a huge thanks to Justin for putting this site up.

I tried playing guitar as a kid but got sidetracked by motorcycles. Now at 51 y.o. I'm going to give it a go again. It's only been a couple weeks but this site is helping me tremendously.
Thank you.

Offline maggard

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2992 on: January 31, 2019, 04:39:48 am »
A big thanks to Justin for everything he has done and continues to do to spread his knowledge of the guitar.

I have learned so much and become a half way decent guitarist because of him.

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline xojasberry

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2993 on: January 31, 2019, 07:14:59 am »
I've been trying for over a year now to start playing guitar, but was getting absolutely nowhere with books and everything else I've tried. There are so many Youtubers out there who "teach" guitar, but I could never follow along and it frustated me to the point where I stopped trying for about half a year.

Two weeks ago I FINALLY found you. I've made more progress these past two weeks than I have the entire past year altogether. I really feel like I'm making loads of progress and I thank you so much for that. I was really about to give up, but now it's actually fun to pick up the guitar instead of frustrating.

Thank you so much, seriously. I'm grateful for everything you do for all of us. You're an amazing teacher and I can't wait to keep going on this journey with your lessons and knowledge :)

Offline merlinjam

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2994 on: February 08, 2019, 07:56:16 pm »
Justin - Thank you for making a lifelong goal of mine possible.  I will be starting your lessons soon and look forward to the experience of making some music!

Offline dtrumpetgal

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2995 on: February 20, 2019, 11:37:29 pm »
woo hoo!

This is great!

Thank you Justin!

You're making this seem possible!

YAY!!!

Offline Ulrich the Elder

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2996 on: February 21, 2019, 10:11:23 pm »
After 50 years of teaching myself how to do everything wrong, here I am. Only been a few days but I am determined to learn some music theory. Thanks for what you have provided here. ~ulrich

Offline nicolasdg

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2997 on: March 06, 2019, 10:31:15 am »
Nickname: I mainly use "SoNicc" and is the acronyme of all names of my family members; but this time keep it simple: nicolasdg
Real (full) name: Nicolas
Age and birthday: 43 years young
Habitat: Belgium - Jodoigne

Which guitar(s) do you own? Not the best for sure! Epiphone Les Paul special edition (Cheap version)

Which guitar do you currently play on? same as above

Which amp(s) do you own? Fender Frontman 15G

How long have you been playing guitar? Started a long time ago and lost myself in other activities. Decided 3 weeks ago to start all over again.

Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)? any kind of genre where i can appreciate a good riff of solo but : blues - rock - indie - hard rock - metal

Which genre do you play on your guitar often? nothing for the moment

Who are your favorite bands?
to much to list them all: going from A to Z, more than enough bands to appreciate

What inspired you to start playing guitar? Pink Floyd - Album: Echoes & Whish you where here and more recently :  BB King: the thrill is gone - live at Montreux '93

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band? nope

Why do you play guitar? I love this instrument

What are your goals for the future? Lose myself in the rhythm of a cheerful folk song or dive into a magnificent solo

Offline savarezguy

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2998 on: March 18, 2019, 02:53:00 pm »
THANKS Justin for the great and inspirational courses! I just set a low goal to actually learn a few chords, but is now trying out fingerstyle stuff ...

Offline gerrymac

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2999 on: March 21, 2019, 11:22:34 pm »
A pitch (unsolicited) that if you like his lessons, send in a donation of any amount you can afford. 

To Justin:  I first picked up a guitar before Stairway to Heaven was written.   I dinked around on and off--mostly off--then decided in retirement to get serious about learning  two months ago.   Lucked out and found your site.   

You are hands-down the best teacher I have ever had.   

I would find teachers who would teach me a song I asked about, and that's all I learned--how to play that song.    And if I asked how you get to jam with people, they would say well you do just do it.   (Sort of like how do you build a house, you just do it?)

You lay it all out beautifully, all I have to do is plug into your system and work hard.   It helps so much that you have focused so hard on how to convey this to others.

One last thing:   you are the first teacher who has really emphasized how important strumming is.   I always wondered how some people could play the same three-chord song and yet sound so much better than average.   It's all about the rhythm, isn't it?!

P.S.--I hope I can post this; the anti-spam task is really hard.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App