Author Topic: The Thank You Thread  (Read 384205 times)

Offline Chris609

• Good Vibes 0
Re: The Thank You Thread
« Reply #2925 on: May 04, 2018, 05:41:36 pm »
Hi Justin

To give you a brief background: I'm nearly 58. I picked up my first guitar when I was about 14 - then put it down! Despite brief moments and various guitars throughout the decades I never really could 'get into it'. Just over a year ago, and now with time on my hands, I gave it another shot.  I was a bit lost for the last year, though spent the time catching up on the basic stuff, until I found your site. Just to say I'm really enjoying the blues lead course, which has by the way led me discovering some fantastic guitar players which have passed me by, such as SRV, Walter Trout, and in particular Rory Gallagher. To sum up, you have re-inspired me in a way that I haven't felt about the guitar for a long long time! I bought the relevant dvd and will be purchasing more stuff shortly. Thanks again, I hope your site will be around for ages yet - I have a lot to catch up on. Chris

Offline paulsparrow

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2926 on: May 08, 2018, 04:45:47 pm »
Just wanted to say congrats on the new site.  Love all that you do for us beginner players.  If there is any one thing I would love to see from you then its how to get the tones you do.  From fingering to amp to pedals.

Cheers

Offline dkiewicz

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2927 on: May 08, 2018, 08:14:32 pm »
Hey Justin! Awesome site. I received my course materials and am really enjoying them. Having just retired from JPL, I have a lot of free time to indulge myself even more. I'm glad you keep moving forward.

I've turned so many people onto your site and they can't believe the depth and maturity of all of the material. Heck you even covered a song by my friend Matt Grundy who plays with  Donavon Frankenreiter.

I really appreciate all you've done with this gift to us. It is something that each of us should be forever grateful to you for your generosity.

Take care and if I'm ever in the neighborhood I will look you up. I'd love to see the UK and visit my relatives (Brown Clan) in Scotland. I always wondered why I was a golf junkie too! LOL!!!

Dan...

Offline TexasT

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2928 on: May 16, 2018, 01:59:35 am »
Thanks for putting together a great community, I look forward to connecting and sharing with y'all!

Offline Josesbox

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2929 on: May 17, 2018, 11:29:10 pm »
Hey Justin I just signed up today. When I wake up tomorrow I’ll throw some $ your way. Greetings fromIraq

Offline polestar

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2930 on: May 23, 2018, 11:01:33 am »
Great site and many thanks.

Offline Paratrooper

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2931 on: June 04, 2018, 03:47:51 pm »
An amazing journey so far and all thanks to Justin. Wish the internet and Justin were around 40 years ago.

Offline dvroegop

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2932 on: June 06, 2018, 07:53:58 am »
Just wanted to take the time and say thanks! Love the site, been supporting you for some time now. Keep up the good work!

Offline JDredge

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2933 on: June 06, 2018, 08:08:30 pm »
Recently took up guitar again, after a 35 year hiatus. I was fairly good back in the day and thought I just needed to get the arthritic stiffness out of my fingers and redevelop some calluses. Naturally, my ego engaged before anything else and my efforts were less than satisfactory. A friend brought your site (and method) to my attention and I did something very uncharacteristic; I started at the very beginning and only advanced after I had nailed each and every block. I listened, I practiced, I learned. For the first time, I am comfortable with my instrument and believe I am a far superior player, now, than I ever was in the past.

I cannot begin to express how valuable your lessons have been to me. The practicality of your approach and the patience with which you lay it all out are humbling. You are transforming me from a guitar player into a musician. For that, you have my deepest gratitude and most profound respect.

John

Offline mjcpocasset

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2934 on: June 07, 2018, 03:34:39 pm »
Justin - I have used you through the basic and intermediate classes and they have been awesome!  I am in an eclectic jug/blues band and they're letting me play lead guitar.  Yuk! Yuk!  I am methodically stepping through the blues lead classes and am thrilled with my progress!  You really are a Godsend for those who are serious about becoming better players.  I am scurrying over to donate $50 to you now and thank you again for your hard work and commitment to helping all of us learn to play better.  Please keep it up!

Offline RHDean

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2935 on: June 07, 2018, 11:26:12 pm »
56 years old disabled vet, just learning guitar, had no luck till your video's, I'm on 1 minute chord changing.
Thanks!

Offline niteworlok

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2936 on: June 10, 2018, 11:30:18 pm »
Love the new look site Justin, it looks brilliant, and I love how we can grade ourselves - top class work mate!

Offline Pitufunky

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2937 on: June 11, 2018, 11:37:16 pm »
Hi Justin! I started 5 months ago playing the guitar.... I am 40 years old and I didn’t know anything!

Right now I have finished the beginner’s course and I am really happy!! :-)

Thank you very much!! You are the best!!

Eres un crack de cojones!!!!!!!
Abrazos desde España
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 12:02:53 am by Pitufunky »

Offline Pitufunky

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2938 on: June 11, 2018, 11:44:25 pm »
Y viva los one minute changes!!! :-)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 12:02:23 am by Pitufunky »

Offline theredtally

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2939 on: June 16, 2018, 02:21:06 am »
Many thanks Justin, I played a little as a pre-teen and then at 43 found myself watching guitar lessons on youtube in the evening - didn't take long to decide I wanted a guitar again and 2 months later I was having fun learning with your help. As many have said your lessons and structure are great, I hope you feel truly satisfied with your vocation and the pleasure you gift people every day - also I hope that people give freely to keep you keeping on (I've bought the app and a couple of books and been delighted with all).

One, well two suggestions
1. I think you should have a suggestion page (well one that I could find easily after a couple of beers)
2. Your colour code for difficulties - I think using the resistor colour code system would have been ideal, maybe not too late? The resistor colour code is standard world wide and I expect many would know it or at least remember about it from school days.

I wish you all the success in the world - M

Get The Forum As A Mobile App