Author Topic: The Thank You Thread  (Read 319092 times)

Offline hilts17

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 14
Re: The Thank You Thread
« Reply #2865 on: October 22, 2017, 06:09:16 pm »
Welcome to the forum. You picked a great way to learn guitar. Follow the course exactly and you will do well. Practice regularly and have fune!
Seagull S6 Original
Seagull Entourage CW Black QI
Seagull Coastline 12 String
Yamaha Pacifica 112

Offline Dusty5150

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2866 on: October 26, 2017, 03:35:43 pm »
Thank you Justin!

I decided to learn to play guitar last week! I stumbled across your website first, then the app and am loving it. I'm usually not good at sticking with new things, but your lessons have me already seeing progress and wanting to push on! Thank you so much!!

Offline beetm

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2867 on: October 27, 2017, 06:45:59 am »
Picked up my guitars after a (too) long layoff, and found your site (wasn't here when I first learned!) Thought I would whistle through the beginners course as a refresher and I was struck by your demeanor. You seem very real ("Don't learn scales if you don't know what they're for"), and you still know where people get stuck. There's no guitar snobbishness with you, is there? You are a born teacher. Thanks, Justin.

Anyway, made a small donation, I plan on doing so again as I work back up to where I was, and hopefully further.

Offline Dutchbull79

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2868 on: October 28, 2017, 03:41:06 pm »
Hi Justin,

Just stop by to thank you so much for this amazing website!

Bought a guitar for the first time a week ago and as I'm a huge Metallica fan and have the goal to play some songs myself in the future, your website is an absolute gift to learn all the steps from 0 to wherever someone dreamed about to achieve.

So a long road ahead for me of the learning curve, but when a friend of mine told me about your website I was absolutely suprised and glad to find such a complete website for learning to play the guitar!

Keep up the good work and thank you very much for all the great stuff!

Cheers!

Offline emseepee

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2869 on: October 30, 2017, 10:33:05 am »
Hi there, I am from Zimbabwe (live in the UK) and I am an elderly learner (I think it is more challenging to learn at a later stage in life when you have so many other commitments), I have scoured the internet for advice, tutorials, etc. in order to learn guitar and think Justin is the best. My approach was always very lazy until my son said to me "Why don't you give up? You'll never learn to play" I said to him "It is on!" so we had a bet that by Xmas 2017 I must play 5 songs. This was at the beginning of the year, but unfortunately for me I had a really difficult industry exam to study for and in September I thankfully passed and turned my attention to guitar. So, I had three months to learn 5 songs. I paid for the phone app and started practising every day until my fingers were too sore to play, I have just completed the app but I am concentrating on the chord changes and getting them to 60 per minute. I was disappointed that the app never included the F chord in the one minute changes or the beat exercises :( Also it would be amazing if you could create your own group of chords to add to the one minute (or more?) changes. My focus this month is getting up to 60 changes on all chords and perfecting F which is going well (only one string buzzing). The song section in the phone app is awesome and really helps to get those chord changes down. I have no doubt that 5 songs by Xmas will be easy peasy and while it doesn't sound great yet, hard work and Justin's superb teaching will sort that out. It is amazing how much free stuff Justin makes available and I will be sure to spend a lot of money here in the future because he is worth it! Thank you Justin and wish me luck  ;)

Offline elk666

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2870 on: November 02, 2017, 01:28:43 am »
Hello, i'm Franck, i always wanted to play the guitar for pretty much all of my life but there was always an excuse not to do it, i've procrastinated all my life on this project, now i'm 48 and i've decided that it was enough and that i will play guitar.
i love guitars so much and what feelings they bring me when i hear poeple playing them.
i'm on my 3rd day and already noticing progress with Justin's teaching, thank you so much for having me interested and giving me tricks that are really easy and rewards me.

Offline sanket1729

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2871 on: November 06, 2017, 02:53:32 am »
Thanks a lot, I just donated some money to you. Please continue your good work.  You are reaching every cornor of the world with your awesome skills. Thanks a lot, again.

With love from India and S.Korea,
Sanket

Offline xa2

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2872 on: November 13, 2017, 03:33:24 pm »
Thank you Justin.  I'm learning to play guitar with a teacher, and your videos and advises are helping me very much.
Thank you!!

Get The Forum As A Mobile App