Author Topic: The Thank You Thread  (Read 322994 times)

Offline Damian666

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
Re: The Thank You Thread
« Reply #2850 on: August 29, 2017, 01:01:59 pm »
I’ve just registered and posted an introduction.

Massive thanks to Justin and all involved!

I’m sure that if this site had been around about 25 years ago when I first picked up the guitar I’d not have stopped playing and be a much better player that what I am now after starting to learn again after not playing for a good 20 years.

In today’s world I can’t believe that there is something that is as great a resource as this available for free. I will certainly be buying some of the products etc to keep the site going.

Offline jamesguitardude

• Good Vibes 0
    • Curso Aula de Violao
« Reply #2851 on: August 30, 2017, 09:58:56 am »
Thanks Justin!

Offline T.Linde

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2852 on: September 06, 2017, 06:56:36 pm »
My name is Torben and comes from Denmark. I decided to learn guitar as I have always wanted but have not had time to do that.
I bought a good guitar (Larrivée OM-03) and started my trip on Jamplay. Then read that the right place to start as a beginner is on Guitar Tricks. I have been there for 8 months but they have never really caught me.

I heard about Justin on a big guitar forum where they warmly recommended him. I checked out the pages and thought the construction of the teaching just suited me.

I have now bought a handful of books in Justin's store and am looking forward to follow the various stages. Finally, I would like to thank Justin many times for the great work he puts in the pages and his good teaching.

Offline frenk

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2853 on: September 16, 2017, 01:43:59 pm »
Hi everyone,
I'm Franco from Milan (Italy),

I discovered Justin's lessons in the beginning of 2017 on youtube looking for the first song to play (that was Redemption Song by Bob Marley :)) as i had stolen an acoustic guitar from my singer (I'm a drummer tho)..

Right now I have my room full of guitar gear (2 amps and 2 old electric guitars, even a bass) and I am digging the blues lessons and growing lick by lick my "dictionary", but I would have done none of that without Justin's wonderful creation - because that's what it is - of the best source for music knowledge ever!

I've lately been inspired by the recommended books on music and the collections of albums on the site but on top of that what i really want to thank Justin for is the first-step mind blowing "practical music theory" book which introduced me to melody and harmony, expanding my way of listening and even thinking of music.

Justin, i hope you'll get through this two lines someday to let you know that you are being the guitar hero of someone, and for sure not just me.. thank you for sharing your spectacular music knowledge with everyone for free, this is not just kind of you, it is a service you are giving to music which no one will ever thank you enough for!

Offline joeroo66

• Good Vibes 0
    • Human Resource Assignment Help
« Reply #2854 on: September 22, 2017, 06:57:00 pm »
thanks every one.

Offline MikeyG1959

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2855 on: September 23, 2017, 02:39:49 am »
Justin - I've been using and following your site for many years now (I think since 2008!), I remember the old non-HD vids with Jedi in the background!

When I found your site I didn't have much money and could never afford lessons but I quickly realised that my 10 years or so of playing, and teaching myself, before landing on your site were not the best use of my time :-)

So I had to re-learn, technique being the main thing but so many things.  But I went on that journey with you.  After a short time, maybe a few weeks I started to read your site as well and what a honourable and totally genuine person you are!  I love that you care so much and highlighted things to me that I then went off to find out about.  Problems in Africa for example (used to be a small blog on your site) that are never reported here!

I went through a divorce, my daughter was 6 at the time and extremely hard for us all, but learning guitar was always something I could do myself when she wasn't with me to get me through.  I eventually bought her one so we could share the experience but it never really happened - that's ok she didn't want to, she was only doing it for me lol.

Anyway, I want to say a massive thank you for all that you do and all that you are.  I pass your website on to anyone I meet who plays guitar, or even works in music (as I tend to talk about you with these people).  There are other sites but your teaching method is second to none, and the fact you cover everything, even how to mute strings with the tips of your fingers etc.  These tips make all the difference, you can tell if someone is a good player when they apply these techniques.

I always said when I have money I'll donate.....now I have today, but you are worth so much more than I gave........but I know you'll appreciate it anyway.

Blessings!

Offline PattheBunny

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 83
« Reply #2856 on: October 05, 2017, 06:28:26 pm »
Justin, my Justin,

Rock upon which I base everything I have ever done with a guitar.  Funny, honorable, hardworking, and a great guitarist.
I don't know how much I will.be back here. My life is strange at best.  But I just went to you for some bit of info I needed cuz I'm starting my engine again.  And I thought, I immediately thought, "God, I love that man."  And so I do.

XxxxxxxxxxX from L.A.

Pat the Bunny
(Any crazy old timers snooping, hello to you too!")

Oh and do some Mika, J. Really, dude, they're great beginner songs.

Sent from my SM-N920T using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Realism is relative.

Offline Morlo

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2857 on: October 05, 2017, 06:35:46 pm »
Hey guys, been a fan of this site for a while now - Justin, thank you! You inspire me to pick up the guitar every time I feel my enthusiasm slipping.  Great song lessons, I have a 'practise list' on the go :)
Will defo send you a contribution as this site is better than some paid for sites I have used, plus my schedules are all over the place which makes booking lessons tricky.
BTW, if you ever, you know, want to add these songs to your lessons, that would be super cool ;)
The Pusher - Steppenwolf
Little Black Submarines - The Black Keys
Dust in the Wind - Kansas
Wayward Son - Kansas
Dream On - Aerosmith
Cheers!   8)

Offline fingers

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2858 on: October 07, 2017, 12:28:41 pm »
Only just got to and registered on this forum but definitely looks the business.

Offline poppop

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2859 on: October 12, 2017, 03:34:43 am »
Thanks Justin for the wonderful service you provide. Music is a wonderful tool to bring people together from all walks of life

Offline duncanpdb

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2860 on: October 12, 2017, 06:38:34 pm »
Hi Justin - I am a long-time (if intermittent) user of your site.  Spent the last week working on Unknown Legend and Natural Beauty and just wanted to say thanks for such great lessons. Peter

Offline pineappletrain

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2861 on: October 19, 2017, 11:38:36 am »
Hi justin, just wanted to say thank you.
Im a student from sweden who cant really afford that much when it comes to guitar related lessons or anything, youre site is a huge asset to me as i practise every day. I also live in the middle of nowhere so i cant take lessons even if i wanted to.
So thank you a bunch, im having so much fun progressing through your lessons.

Offline Dave

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2862 on: October 20, 2017, 03:12:15 pm »
Just a quick post to say how much I am enjoying the web site (working thru the blues at present) + wish all the very best for the festive season and New Year to Justin and all the site users.
If music be the food of love......
Mozza

Offline pcama

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2863 on: October 21, 2017, 02:49:57 pm »
Thank you so much, you are incredible !  I am 56 and thought I was way to old to learn guitar.  Wow 5 mths in up to stage 4 and playing lots of songs !  I have purchased your song book, strumming lesson, and made a donation.  I hope others that can afford it do what they can.  Looking forward to all future lessons (well maybe not that F chord that you have warned me about).  Maybe once I get my chords a lot cleaner and the songs sounding good I will send in a video.  Anyway thanks again ! 

Phil

Offline Platos

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2864 on: October 22, 2017, 03:12:04 pm »
Thanks for the site Justin!

Just started the beginners course and enjoying it.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App