Author Topic: The Thank You Thread  (Read 304211 times)

Offline EdMac

• Good Vibes 1
Re: The Thank You Thread
« Reply #2835 on: July 10, 2017, 07:56:52 pm »
Just wanted to say thanks To Justin for putting this site together. Been doing all the free stuff at the moment untill funds become available then it will be no stopping me .
 ;)  Ed Macrie

Offline JulianFP

• Good Vibes 2
« Reply #2836 on: July 11, 2017, 12:24:43 pm »
Just posted my intro post on the other thread and definitely need to also post a thank you to Justin. This site is amazing. I visited a few times before I bought my guitar and the site helped convince me that maybe I wasn't setting myself an impossible challenge in trying to learn guitar. Now I have my guitar I'm following the lessons in a pretty structured way using the iOS app on my iPad and it's working out really well. I just finished my 4 day free trial yesterday and bought a year's subscription for the app. Will probably buy some song books once I've got a bit further into the course.

Thanks Justin!

(Didn't realise that I was also going to get so much practice at solving jigsaw puzzles as well :) )

Offline Marty

• Good Vibes 1
« Reply #2837 on: July 13, 2017, 04:41:05 am »
Hi Justin, I'm Martin Cortis from OZ and have recently been learning guitar using your online lessons. It's a great system and consider it a privilege to have such a renowned teacher/guitarist at my finger tips! Its quite hard juggling work and kids and also finding the time to attend guitar lessons of an evening, so this is a great way of learning in the comfort of your own home.

I am looking forward to taking my guitar playing to the next level.

Thanks,

Marty

Offline HighSnows

• Good Vibes 1
« Reply #2838 on: July 16, 2017, 12:19:12 am »
Over the years I've taken lessons from a few teachers in person. Of course this gives you personal feedback on your playing you can't get online from a lessons site. However, as for learning the "content" of how to play guitar,  I love Justinguitar.com! With live teachers, I often came home and only remembered a portion of what the instructor had to say, and sometimes found myself paying to hear the same stuff over again in the next lesson. With Justinguitar.com, you can play the videos over and over, absorbing everything at your pace with nothing left behind. That's great. Moreover, Justin's positive demeanor and professional presentation makes the lessons comfortable and enjoyable to watch - unlike some others!

As an intermediate player I started learning the blues style here. The program is well organized and thorough and I'm grateful to have stumbled across it. For that I have also "paid my dues" and will continue to do so monthly as long as I'm using the site. I hope you will too!  Happy picking.

Offline kriswithak

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2839 on: July 20, 2017, 03:50:20 am »
Well, keeping this a little short, I still need to convey my gratitude, I'm a palliative care home living 59 year old. (60) come Dec. Anyway, 4 years ago my Prostate Cancer diagnosis was very grim, so 4 years are past and I'm only watching time really, since 1963 I wanted to play guitar, not learn and practice, but play the guitar.

Today I received my 1st real guitar, Epiphone PRO-1 acoustic
Another site pointed me to you, and in my present state of mind and finance I now have all I need to realize a truly childhood ambition. Thanks so much Justin. A very needy learner.

Kris.

Offline Davy56

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2840 on: July 22, 2017, 08:49:59 am »
Hi all,
Big thanks to Justin for all he is doing it is fantastic.
I am 61 and just starting. I use Justin's app and find it very easy to use. I have been murdering my guitar got 6 weeks. 1 hours practice every morning.  I can now play A D E cords and have been playing along to most of the suggested songs on the app. When it comes to cord changes  I have trouble getting 60 per minute. 40 is ok. I was wondering if I should move on and be happy with 40 of keep trying to master the 60 before moving. What would you do ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using newbielink:http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=93296 [nonactive]

Offline awooly

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #2841 on: July 22, 2017, 08:57:52 am »
Welcome Davy, I would move on.  I've been playing for about 5 months - about to start on Stage 4 of the Beginners course.  I use the website rather than the App but I believe they are reasonably similar.

Around 40 one minute changes is as quick as I can get on average for the chords I've learnt to date.  Don't let trying to get to 60 hold you back in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Offline DavidP

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 37
  • You're always learning about guitars,Keef Richards
« Reply #2842 on: July 22, 2017, 09:42:22 am »
Davy,

I agree.  I'd suggest moving on to stage 2 while continuing to play the stage 1 songs. 

When ready I think it would be a good idea to begin to play the songs on your own, just with a metronome when you reach the point where that has been introduced.  Make sure your repertoire includes songs that exercise all the chords making changes both to and from each chord, all the combinations.  Pretty sure after a while at doing this plus working OMCs with stage 2 chords, you'll find your number of changes has picked up.

My experience, though it was not the first time I'd tried to learn when I started BC now, was that I worked through to stage 3 and then paused for some consolidation before starting on stage 4.  The 8 chords of the first three stages, plus the metronome and the first strumming with a good variety of songs to choose from kept it interesting.  And it became a first major milestone for me.  When I was feeling solid, I moved on to stage 4.  Note I say solid rather than perfect...

Enjoy and keep sharing progress.

Offline Davy56

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2843 on: July 22, 2017, 12:22:56 pm »
Thanks for the advice. I am away on holiday for a couple of weeks. So will move on when I get back
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920F using newbielink:http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=93296 [nonactive]

Get The Forum As A Mobile App