Author Topic: The Thank You Thread  (Read 290124 times)

Offline DavidP

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 4
Re: The Thank You Thread
« Reply #2790 on: March 16, 2017, 09:19:55 pm »
Justin,

Your site is fantastic and working on the Beginners Course has changed everything for me in terms of learning guitar.  I also love the song lessons.  You are the surely the best (virtual) jam buddy anybody could want.

In keeping with the spirit of your mission, now that I am staying with it, I have signed up for a monthly donation as well as having purchased hard copies of the Beginner Songbooks. And I hope many more people have done the same since you put up the Donations page on the website.

Thank you.

This forum is also fascinating and inspirational. So thanks to all those people who help make it run.

All the best for all of you

David

Offline NeutronBoy

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2791 on: March 18, 2017, 06:20:01 pm »
Justin,

Thank you so much.  I am nearly 61 years old and while sitting around a campfire around 15 years ago, an acquaintance was playing his guitar.  I had seen him playing many times before and I finally asked "how hard is to learn how to play?'  He told me to forget it, it takes many years and I was too old - funny thing is that he was older than I am (but learned to play many years ago).  I foolishly listened to him and kept the desire to play stowed away.

I will be retiring in about a year or so and will have loads of time to learn, so I mentally ditched that acquaintance's advice and I started looking around the web to investigate.  I found many tabs sites, started playing some basic songs (ok, just two songs!) and really liked it.  I thought there must be a better way and I finally stumbled onto your website and I like the way you talk to your students, how you encourage people, and how you break things down into simple pieces to work on.  After a day or so of reading on your website and watching your videos, I ordered both your beginners course book and song book.  I think I am nearly done with the Stage 1 - I mostly have A,E, and D down and am practicing on switching.  I can hit around 20x/minute, but feel like it needs to be smoother, so I am going to take my time.

I must say I am having fun playing, but after listening to your guitar on the CDs, I am going out to the guitar store and 'am just to go look' at something with a little more depth to it.  I am playing on a beginner guitar which sounds alright, but i want to explore. Gonna go see some Martins.

Thanks again

Offline DarrellW

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 14
  • Still learning.......
« Reply #2792 on: March 18, 2017, 06:56:32 pm »
Justin,

Thank you so much.  I am nearly 61 years old and while sitting around a campfire around 15 years ago, an acquaintance was playing his guitar.
Gonna go see some Martins.
Thanks again
Age isn't a problem, don't worry about it more time available to practice ;)
Have a look at Taylor's while you're there, they are also very nice :)
Acoustic: Taylor 214ce, Sigma 00M -15, old no name classical
Electric: Squire classic vibe 50's tele; 1998 Squire affinity tele (bit battered and bruised ;) ).
Amp: Blackstar ID Core Beam. FX: Electro Harmonix 720 Looper, Zoom 505 II, Bespeco Volume pedal

Offline dman2

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2793 on: March 24, 2017, 07:09:57 pm »
Love your site I am in Eastern Canada

Sent from my LG-E971 using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Get The Forum As A Mobile App