Author Topic: The Thank You Thread  (Read 321912 times)

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 61
  • You're always learning about guitars,Keef Richards
Re: The Thank You Thread
« Reply #2790 on: March 16, 2017, 09:19:55 pm »
Justin,

Your site is fantastic and working on the Beginners Course has changed everything for me in terms of learning guitar.  I also love the song lessons.  You are the surely the best (virtual) jam buddy anybody could want.

In keeping with the spirit of your mission, now that I am staying with it, I have signed up for a monthly donation as well as having purchased hard copies of the Beginner Songbooks. And I hope many more people have done the same since you put up the Donations page on the website.

Thank you.

This forum is also fascinating and inspirational. So thanks to all those people who help make it run.

All the best for all of you

David

Offline NeutronBoy

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2791 on: March 18, 2017, 06:20:01 pm »
Justin,

Thank you so much.  I am nearly 61 years old and while sitting around a campfire around 15 years ago, an acquaintance was playing his guitar.  I had seen him playing many times before and I finally asked "how hard is to learn how to play?'  He told me to forget it, it takes many years and I was too old - funny thing is that he was older than I am (but learned to play many years ago).  I foolishly listened to him and kept the desire to play stowed away.

I will be retiring in about a year or so and will have loads of time to learn, so I mentally ditched that acquaintance's advice and I started looking around the web to investigate.  I found many tabs sites, started playing some basic songs (ok, just two songs!) and really liked it.  I thought there must be a better way and I finally stumbled onto your website and I like the way you talk to your students, how you encourage people, and how you break things down into simple pieces to work on.  After a day or so of reading on your website and watching your videos, I ordered both your beginners course book and song book.  I think I am nearly done with the Stage 1 - I mostly have A,E, and D down and am practicing on switching.  I can hit around 20x/minute, but feel like it needs to be smoother, so I am going to take my time.

I must say I am having fun playing, but after listening to your guitar on the CDs, I am going out to the guitar store and 'am just to go look' at something with a little more depth to it.  I am playing on a beginner guitar which sounds alright, but i want to explore. Gonna go see some Martins.

Thanks again

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 44
  • What next???
« Reply #2792 on: March 18, 2017, 06:56:32 pm »
Justin,

Thank you so much.  I am nearly 61 years old and while sitting around a campfire around 15 years ago, an acquaintance was playing his guitar.
Gonna go see some Martins.
Thanks again
Age isn't a problem, don't worry about it more time available to practice ;)
Have a look at Taylor's while you're there, they are also very nice :)
Too much to list now, I have a bad case of GAS, UAS, and general ‘must have syndrome’
My bank account and Plastic live in fear!!!

Offline dman2

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #2793 on: March 24, 2017, 07:09:57 pm »
Love your site I am in Eastern Canada

Sent from my LG-E971 using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline NeutronBoy

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2794 on: March 26, 2017, 11:26:47 pm »
Thanks Darrell,

I bought a Martin DRS1 and even my wife who generally is not a very discriminating music listener (by her own account) recognized the difference between my daughters' $99 Yamaha and the Martin.  I did listen to others and liked the deep rich sound of the Martin.

Offline SuolaSilli

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2795 on: March 29, 2017, 12:47:51 pm »
Thank you Justin for doing what you do!
Your site has been invaluable resource for learning for years now and I hope there will be enough contributions to keep this amazing site going for many more years.

Now days I find myself recommending this site to many friends and strangers whenever they ask me for help in guitar related stuff.

You are solely responsible for me getting into jazz guitar after years of playing rock and metal music.

I'm finally in a place where i can start contributing my share to this wonderful site, and i'm looking forward to buying all your books in very near future.

THANK YOU!

Offline 53skittle

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2796 on: March 30, 2017, 02:44:23 am »
Not sure I'm doing this right. (I am also one of the ancient ones!).  Justin, just wanted to thank you for an incredible learning experience.  I am retired US Navy and now disabled so the fixed income thing makes it hard to pay for guitar lessons.  But your site fixed all that! 

You are an incredible teacher with loads of patience and understanding.

I made a $30.00 contribution.  Wish it could be more but my situation won't allow that.

God bless you and please... keep up the great work!!!   Larry

Offline Valeria

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2797 on: March 30, 2017, 09:38:03 pm »
Hey Justin,
that's a thank you thread so, THANK YOU!
Since I was a little girl I wanted to grab a guitar and just play, but it seemed so an unachievable thing to do, I didn't know anything about guitar or music, I didn't know where to start.
Last year searching covers on youtube I found video-lessons about how to play the guitar on my native language, but I just didn't get what they said, too complicated :o so I started searching for other lessons in English, I found one of yours and I just started to think that I could do it too, I could learn it, 'cause you start from that easy basics giving the foundations, you get how is it to be a beginner, and even if English is not my native language I can understand you, you're a really great teacher and you're funny too, that's a thing that really helps 'cause you're not boring at all, you are a teacher that makes the difference  8).
Wish you all the best! Thank you again!
"The closest thing to heaven is to rock & roll." - Cit. Aztec Camera

Offline patrick57

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2798 on: April 03, 2017, 08:40:04 pm »
Thanks from Belgium. Patrick

Sent from my SM-P600 using newbielink:http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=93296 [nonactive]

Offline BeachBill

• Good Vibes 2
« Reply #2799 on: April 04, 2017, 01:15:25 am »
Wow. I've just got to say Thank You.

Thank you for inspiring me to keep at this long enough to actually learn a couple of songs. Once I got the first one down so that I could play and sing along (to myself) it built my confidence. Now I am actually having FUN - a lot of fun and am advancing. And I would like to than you again for helping me reach that level. You have developed a fan for life.

Offline awooly

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #2800 on: April 04, 2017, 01:49:06 am »
Thanks Justin, awesome site and program you have set up here.

I first picked up a Guitar 7 weeks ago and am just starting to look at Stage 2 now.

As I'm loving the journey and will be continuing to use your Site, I have set up a monthly donation for you to assist in a small way.  I've also purchased your Beginner's Song Book which is awesome.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers from Australia.

Offline Guitpicky

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2801 on: April 04, 2017, 06:18:41 am »
Thank you :)

I just found your site today after a week of YouTube'g and checking out the competition. I like your approach and attitude as a teacher. When I read that only half a percent of your visitors make donations I did what I could to help correct that.

You've already thanked everyone here by providing a wealth of high quality instruction and inspiration.

Thanks again  :)
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2016T Limited Edition Mahogany Top
Takamine TSF40C Santa Fe
Takamine EF75M-TT
"Do what you must but dream what you want"

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 61
  • You're always learning about guitars,Keef Richards
« Reply #2802 on: April 05, 2017, 06:32:32 am »
Justin,

Just received my copies of the BSB v1 & 2 ... took ages to get all the way down south to Johannesburg.

Must say again, they are fabulous.

Thank you

David

Online redrhodie

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 41
« Reply #2803 on: April 07, 2017, 06:04:41 pm »
Justin, I just want to say thank you, and tell you that you're the best teacher of any subject I ever had. If I had had teachers like you in high school, I could be ruling the world by now. 😊

I found your website in 2013, about a year after I had gone through radiation treatment for breast cancer. I was fatigued and depressed. My hair was falling out. I needed something to focus on. My boyfriend had a guitar that he didn't really know how to play, and I found your website and picked it up.

You are so positive and clear. I made it through the beginners course pretty quickly. My hair grew. I practiced every day. I got my own guitar. I taught my boyfriend what you taught me. Together we moved on. Learning guitar together was the best thing for our relationship. We had been together for many years, but it wasn't until we started playing together that we really understood each other. It really made our bond so much stronger.

So now it's four years later, and we're writing our own songs, and recording an lp. We're just doing it for ourselves, as a gift to each other for this amazing journey we've been on.

Thank you so much. I can't even tell you how important your lessons have been to me.

Lynn

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

Offline Jean-Paul Dupuis

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2804 on: April 11, 2017, 03:57:29 am »
Justin:  I just wanted to thank you for your lessons and even teaching how to tackle the songs in your beginner song books which are by the way terrific they will keep me busy for a long time. I prematurely bought the intermediate lesson so that I would continue to practice and push myself forward. Again I want to thank you cause I was stuck on the same strumming pattern and I and it didn't sound very good. now things are looking up.
JP   

Get The Forum As A Mobile App