Author Topic: The Thank You Thread  (Read 459401 times)

Offline krebstar

• Good Vibes 0
Re: The Thank You Thread
« Reply #3015 on: June 27, 2019, 06:16:54 pm »
Thank you Justin! You are the best teacher I have ever seen or worked with!

I find your videos and your site nothing but top notch. I will be donating some money as soon as I get paid. I look forward to using your site for years!

Offline Paneerlover

• Good Vibes 1
« Reply #3016 on: July 10, 2019, 11:35:09 pm »
Hello Justin.

I'm a medical student from New Jersey, USA. I first started using your site about 3 years ago but never got the chance to thank you for your lessons and for introducing me to the guitar. Your site helped me with the fundamentals so quickly and easily that I recommend you to every single person that plays and doesn't play guitar. Buying my first and only $90 guitar was the best investment I ever made. Thanks to you I'm able to enjoy music in a new and different way than before which has done wonders for my mental health and well-being. I will support you when I can but for the time being please take this thank you from a stranger.

Best wishes.

Offline GiorgioG

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #3017 on: July 12, 2019, 11:20:30 am »
Thanks, Justing,
Thanks to this website I'm loving my guitar much more as I'm learning tons of stuff that improves my playing.

Offline roulbac

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #3018 on: July 12, 2019, 04:16:51 pm »
Thank you Justin! I've learned a lot thanks to you and I love how your style of teaching is aimed towards keeping your audience interested and have fun first and foremost!
You keep things simple but also add a bit of bells and whistles for those looking to be challenged a bit more!

Thank you for teaching the world how to love guitar!

Offline LoganChay94

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #3019 on: July 24, 2019, 11:09:46 pm »
Thank you, Justin! I picked up guitar nearly 10 years ago. Your videos are what helped me learn how to play. You also helped me find what I wanted to do with guitar.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline Jokerman77

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #3020 on: July 27, 2019, 12:46:23 pm »
Just wanted to say how much I’m enjoying Justin’s tutorials and courses. I benefit a lot from the Beginner’s Course App, which has some great extra features for practising and playing. I hope Justin would consider developing that app further for intermediate and advanced levels too. Many sincere thanks, Justin!  8)

Offline [email protected]

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #3021 on: August 10, 2019, 07:37:35 am »
Hello Justin,This is George here from Pune,India. I have been learning guitar for the past 4 years-from the Justin  beginners.Learning the intermediary now-at Stage1 for the past 1 year.  And still loving it. Taking it slow.

Thanks a lot.

Offline HIGHHILLEER

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #3022 on: August 15, 2019, 04:13:28 pm »
About 6 years ago I got a Seagull S6, a tuner and a pick. Found Justin's site, practiced most of the way through the beginner lessons, enough that I could strum "camp fire" songs. Then for about 3-4 years I was playing but not really practicing. Recently I decided I should improve: never mastered barre F and could not pick base notes while strumming.  :'(
So I went back to the beginner lessons to fill in these areas.
By watching the lessons again and getting back to a practice schedule I'm on a path to improve again.

I've had untold hours of pleasure playing the guitar and Justin's lessons made it possible. While the technical information is great, the power of Justin's lessons are his cheerful manner of presentation.
Practice makes permanent is my favorite quote.   

Offline Denys

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #3023 on: August 17, 2019, 03:57:42 pm »
Hi Justin,

Denys here. I just want to say thanks ton for the wonderful lessons and your way of teaching. I dont have time nor i can afford private lessons so i turned to the internet...after trying a couple of sites i stumbled upon you, you made it fun, you gave me structure, and even corrected severals flaws i got from online videos.
I'm 42 and started playing around a year ago, got a decent guitar some months ago...and with your help i believe it was one of the best decisions of my life.

Please keep it up. Best regards,
Denys

Offline Lucky Tim

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 7
« Reply #3024 on: August 25, 2019, 07:04:56 pm »
Thanks for presenting guitar in a way I could learn, you gave me the power to make my life a lot better. I practiced through some really hard times and transformed something that could have become very ugly and destructive into something beautiful and creative. You are also a great example of a "go giver" who trusts and is trustworthy. Thanks for putting yourself out there so I could grab onto your miracle!
Lucky Tim

Offline jusjamroc

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #3025 on: September 06, 2019, 11:53:29 pm »
Hello Mr Justin Sandercoe.
Just like to say big thanks to you and your team for giving me such an awesome and well developed site for learning guitar. I am really amazed at how well thought out your site is, you guys certainly appear to have thought of everything for people who are new or fairly new to guitar, as well as loads of content for intermediate and advanced players.

I am amazed that you work on a trust basis too, so that those who can afford to pay, can, but those who may find themselves in a difficult situation financially, are not held back.

Interesting, as it is the poor who have the time to practice, while the wealthy do not always.
So your site allows those who may find them in a frustrating financial position to still make big progress,
if they so desire. Which is awesome! as you give people opportunity where in the past there were none.

Yep, this world is plagued with such inequalities, which lead to many a wasted potential which can result in a wasted life for some, which is a crime in itself. And with the way things are going in many countries with regards to elitism and perhaps even bigotry, it is refreshing to find a good man out there who does not cave into the peer pressure from toxic alt right politicians who would turn back time to the dark ages if they could.

So, good for you amigos.
I also note that from some one who has been through higher education at degree level, i think what you offer is likely better in that you give the person the freedom to people to make the progress without
upheaval, and without having to "fit in" with the tutors (or have to result to underhanded ways to manipulate tutors in order to get them to give you good grades and access to resources).
This is how it was when i was a uni. didn't like that, as i wasn't into making music for image, to get laid, to be famous or to make millions, i was into music for creative, intellectual and spiritual development, to connect with community and make the world a better place. So going to uni with a load of materialist sociopaths sucked.

Ironically i went to a uni started by Sir Paul McCartney, which was housed in the art college that Paul, George and John from the Beatles went to before fame.

I do wonder how well the Beatles would have done if they had to go through the same rubbish i had to, and to be picked on because i didn't come from a privileged background (as what happened when i was at his uni).

I personally think they would have all dropped out, due to mistreatment and the inequality that they would be subjected to, ironically, at the hands of their own country men (the college was housed in the city they were born).

So, yep, your site is a massive blessing to all genuine non-sociopaths out there, who just want to make peace and not war! Or take over the world and enforce a bigoted infrastructure on the world, well, one that is even more so.

Anyway, thanks again!!! justinguitar.com is awesome!

Offline Eric S

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #3026 on: September 07, 2019, 09:43:06 pm »
Justin, thank you for the amazing resource that you have created.  I had been playing single note stuff from tabs for about a year and thought it was time to try a bit of rhythm.  The ADE trick was the breakthrough with Wild Thing - suddenly family could recognize what I was trying to play.  Unfortunately I played it so much that my finger started to lock (I'm 63) so I have to go easy.  So I got your two beginners books for Christmas and can now make a decent fist of seven or eight songs in the first three levels and can even get peoples feet tapping to Down on the Corner! I have reached a level (still very much a beginner) that I never thought possible. Thanks again and all the best.

Offline Spider

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #3027 on: October 05, 2019, 09:11:04 pm »
Justin, many thanks for giving me an opportunity to live again. My music has taken a back seat for too long.

I am looking forward to learning all over again

Listen
Play
Live

Offline Joel1057

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #3028 on: October 07, 2019, 03:36:19 pm »
Thank you Justin. I've subscribed your beginners lessons. I recently bought ibenez grg170dx. Combination Justinguitar+ibenez+me is working superb so far. Thank you.

Sent from my ASUS_X01BDA using newbielink:http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=93296 [nonactive]

Offline bev2112

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #3029 on: October 19, 2019, 04:35:52 am »
Much thanks to Justin for his amazing course, but also thanks to all the forum participants who answer questions and give encouragement.  I have read several threads and have found answers to pretty much all my questions, and some I didn't know I had!   ;D
YAMAHA APXT2EW 3/4 AC/EL GUITAR - TOBACCO SUNBURST
BC1 started 9/22/2019

Get The Forum As A Mobile App