Author Topic: The Thank You Thread  (Read 541284 times)

Offline Frank J

• Good Vibes 0
    • Harmony Within The Family
Re: The Thank You Thread
« Reply #2775 on: January 30, 2017, 01:18:13 am »
Thank you Justin for all that you're doing  for all of us. I hope that I am posting at the right place. My name is Frank and I took a few lessons on guitar when I was age 18 but gave it up after a short try. That's been a long time ago because my age now is 85 and I'll be 86 in one month. I'm going to give it a try but will stick with it this time as I really love the sound of a guitar and would love to learn. They say that you are never too old. Well--I guess I'll find out but I'm going to give it a real trial and not give up. Frank
No one stands so tall as when they stoop to help a child.
~anon

Offline 2kless

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2776 on: February 03, 2017, 03:05:38 pm »
Wow, a thank you thread almost 10 years long?  Maybe some kind of record.  Well, I am not going to kill that streak.  Thanks Justin for all of the great videos, lessons and encouragement.  Keep it going.   Might be a great idea to really confuse us and bring back your old wardrobe from the last decade so the new members can't figure out what the hell is going on.   Anyway, keep the lessons coming, they are all great.  Oh, and thanks for the anti-spam puzzles. Those are fun too.

Offline Mxlpik

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2777 on: February 05, 2017, 05:35:09 am »
A soccer friend recommended the site to me. I had no idea something like this was out there. I've since recommended it to three other people. Such a wealth of information on the site and in the videos. This is an incredible way to learn. I feel like I might finally make some progress. Thank you Justin.

Offline Unsui

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 4
« Reply #2778 on: February 05, 2017, 09:22:43 pm »
A big 'thank you' to Justin and his admins for this wonderful learning opportunity.
I discovered his books on christmas and the forum this week - and I am a fan ever since.  :)

Offline caprica

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2779 on: February 06, 2017, 09:57:05 am »
I have been working my way through style related stuff post intermediate. 

I am amazed at how much quality stuff Justin has made and new content just keeps coming ....

I am thinking ... wow .... just ... wow ....

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 158
  • Well I am working on it.
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #2780 on: February 06, 2017, 09:59:49 am »
LOL,
Well if you have not figured in out by now, then I have to tell you Justin is one motivated guy. Yeah this is likely his full time job and such. But he does put in the hours, blood, sweat and tears to pull this all off.

Kudos to him for that!
LB
You can rock a bit here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNOrtongjfX4RI33JWKwn7Q/featured

"I just experiment in guitar and music, at times something good comes of it..."
LB

Offline Fret Buzz

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #2781 on: February 08, 2017, 08:02:52 am »
I'd like to add my thanks to the list!

My work schedule makes taking face-to-face lessons difficult, so Justin's online lessons are just what I was looking for.  I also appreciate the thorough instruction and the structured lessons. Many thanks!
BC: Restarted July 2017. Currently on Stage 8.

Offline Paul

• Good Vibes 0
  • Learning the basics
    • Acoustic Achord Blog
« Reply #2782 on: February 14, 2017, 03:33:32 am »
   I created an account here so I could Thank You for all your online videos.  I am just starting out so your anchor finger on the A-D-E chords and the daily one minute time challenge has helped me to be motivated to progress.  I created a Google spreadsheet including a graph chart so i can see my progress on these chord here:
http: //goo.gl/ejtx6D

I just installed your "Justin Guitar by FourChords" Android App last night and using its One Minute Changes feature I got my best scores yet today.  The reason is I was motivated to keep doing it to better my score in the app. I just wish my progress could show up in my Google Play Games App. Also it would be nice to sync my score across devices this way.  But a wonderful app, after my 4 days(3 days now) I do not yet know what my decision will be. I know $34.99US is inexpensive for a years course but it is a lot to my income.  So Thank a lot for making such a difficult decision for me.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 04:17:01 am by Paul »
Learning the basic on a Lucero LC150S Classical Guitar

Offline diwatz

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2783 on: February 14, 2017, 09:55:37 pm »
Another thanks from "the Colonies"...ie Canada.  A cousin bought a guitar for the family, and I never in a million years thought I could actually play anything sensible.  Well, I am addicted !!!  I love your gentle, encouraging way, and am so thrilled I can actually play a few chords.  What fun !!!  In my 60's and you have opened a whole new world for me.  I am just getting started - at the 1 minute Change stage, but loving it.  I have some peripheral neuropathy (numbness in the fingers) from chemotherapy, and maybe that helps with having less pain as I toughen the fingers up, but I can still feel the strings.  (But don't recommend that to anyone looking to get out of the finger pain !!!!) 

OK, one tiny thing...you need to post a lesson on how to get the *^$# pick out of the guitar when I drop it in (repeatedly)...haha...and a reminder that when you are looking all over the place for the pick that you think you dropped...just look in between your lips...probably popped it there (maybe that only happens to us over 60's, but made me do a head-slap...doh. 

Its a pleasure to send you a few GBPs, you are sooo worth it !  Your kindness and enthusiasm shows through. Keep it up, and thank you so much.

Diane

Offline mikeb2102

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 14
« Reply #2784 on: February 14, 2017, 10:31:52 pm »

Quote from: diwatz link=topic=7738.msg356467#msg356467 [IMG
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170214/6433c59bec1081eacf1a9183ba64b69d.jpg[/img]

OK, one tiny thing...you need to post a lesson on how to get the *^$# pick out of the guitar when I drop it in (repeatedly)

Diane
Happens to the best of them.

Sent from my SM-G920F using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline HuwR

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2785 on: February 15, 2017, 06:24:15 am »
Thanks for allowing me to join the forum. Learnt some classical guitar many years ago am starting from scratch again and enjoying Justin's lessons.

Offline clarkey

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2786 on: February 18, 2017, 11:03:34 am »
Cheers Justine youve helped me out bigtime down here in OZ

Sent from my SM-G920I using newbielink:http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=93296 [nonactive]

Offline bo-jingle

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 3
« Reply #2787 on: February 23, 2017, 10:49:41 pm »
I've had a look at some of the higher level videos.  The content teaching and inspiration is/are awesome/awesomes.

Thanks for doing the stuff Justin
Keep on jangling!

Offline ghola

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2788 on: February 27, 2017, 02:38:03 am »
Thanks, Justin.  I really love the lessons and ancillary materials.  After ~18 months I'm rocking with my sweetheart who began to study blues harmonica about the time I bean working on the guitar.

Steve
Ghola

Offline Gragwar

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2789 on: February 28, 2017, 01:39:42 am »
I have playing guitar for years and have had guitarists block for ages. Have just registered but have used the site for a while now. I would like to say to everyone involved in developing this site that you do an amazing job, and thank you. Justin seems like a very humble person who can relate to the problems guitar players of all levels encounter, and help out. The jazzing up the blues lessons and arpeggio tips have finally given me some direction again. Thanks again guys, and keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Offline Calor4711

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2790 on: March 06, 2017, 10:23:00 am »
Hi Justin,
want to thank you for the unbelievable effort you spent to teach the "world" to play the guitar.
There are a Million sites out there teaching Songs, some of them are not bad, some of them are waste of disk space. But I never saw a site so completly cover everything fot playing GUITAR instead of songs. From "How to hold the plec" to music theory (ok, I admit I still didn't got the stuf with the modes ;D )

THANK YOU!

Andreas

Offline CharlieR

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2791 on: March 06, 2017, 11:09:26 am »
Just got on the forum today, having started 101 about a month ago.  I really appreciate having Justin's well thought-out path of Stages and lessons to travel on my guitar journey. Thanks, Charlie R

Sent from my iPad using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Offline Mikeyah

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2792 on: March 11, 2017, 09:37:51 pm »
Just started using the beginners course recently. Great course. I played to a basic level about 10 years ago but taking it back up again. Its great to have something like this.
Justin seems really sound. Does he ever do Q&A's or the like?

Offline superdukeluke

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2793 on: March 15, 2017, 05:36:20 am »
Thanks for all the lessons you made. Guitar is the best thing happening for me right now and it is only possible because of your good will and generosity. Thanks again.

Online DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 382
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #2794 on: March 16, 2017, 09:19:55 pm »
Justin,

Your site is fantastic and working on the Beginners Course has changed everything for me in terms of learning guitar.  I also love the song lessons.  You are the surely the best (virtual) jam buddy anybody could want.

In keeping with the spirit of your mission, now that I am staying with it, I have signed up for a monthly donation as well as having purchased hard copies of the Beginner Songbooks. And I hope many more people have done the same since you put up the Donations page on the website.

Thank you.

This forum is also fascinating and inspirational. So thanks to all those people who help make it run.

All the best for all of you

David

Offline NeutronBoy

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2795 on: March 18, 2017, 06:20:01 pm »
Justin,

Thank you so much.  I am nearly 61 years old and while sitting around a campfire around 15 years ago, an acquaintance was playing his guitar.  I had seen him playing many times before and I finally asked "how hard is to learn how to play?'  He told me to forget it, it takes many years and I was too old - funny thing is that he was older than I am (but learned to play many years ago).  I foolishly listened to him and kept the desire to play stowed away.

I will be retiring in about a year or so and will have loads of time to learn, so I mentally ditched that acquaintance's advice and I started looking around the web to investigate.  I found many tabs sites, started playing some basic songs (ok, just two songs!) and really liked it.  I thought there must be a better way and I finally stumbled onto your website and I like the way you talk to your students, how you encourage people, and how you break things down into simple pieces to work on.  After a day or so of reading on your website and watching your videos, I ordered both your beginners course book and song book.  I think I am nearly done with the Stage 1 - I mostly have A,E, and D down and am practicing on switching.  I can hit around 20x/minute, but feel like it needs to be smoother, so I am going to take my time.

I must say I am having fun playing, but after listening to your guitar on the CDs, I am going out to the guitar store and 'am just to go look' at something with a little more depth to it.  I am playing on a beginner guitar which sounds alright, but i want to explore. Gonna go see some Martins.

Thanks again

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 198
  • Black country bloke, ijut intollerant 😂
« Reply #2796 on: March 18, 2017, 06:56:32 pm »
Justin,

Thank you so much.  I am nearly 61 years old and while sitting around a campfire around 15 years ago, an acquaintance was playing his guitar.
Gonna go see some Martins.
Thanks again
Age isn't a problem, don't worry about it more time available to practice ;)
Have a look at Taylor's while you're there, they are also very nice :)

Offline dman2

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #2797 on: March 24, 2017, 07:09:57 pm »
Love your site I am in Eastern Canada

Sent from my LG-E971 using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline NeutronBoy

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2798 on: March 26, 2017, 11:26:47 pm »
Thanks Darrell,

I bought a Martin DRS1 and even my wife who generally is not a very discriminating music listener (by her own account) recognized the difference between my daughters' $99 Yamaha and the Martin.  I did listen to others and liked the deep rich sound of the Martin.

Offline SuolaSilli

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2799 on: March 29, 2017, 12:47:51 pm »
Thank you Justin for doing what you do!
Your site has been invaluable resource for learning for years now and I hope there will be enough contributions to keep this amazing site going for many more years.

Now days I find myself recommending this site to many friends and strangers whenever they ask me for help in guitar related stuff.

You are solely responsible for me getting into jazz guitar after years of playing rock and metal music.

I'm finally in a place where i can start contributing my share to this wonderful site, and i'm looking forward to buying all your books in very near future.

THANK YOU!

Get The Forum As A Mobile App