Author Topic: The Thank You Thread  (Read 293472 times)

Offline Petsopolopolos

• Good Vibes 0
Re: The Thank You Thread
« Reply #2745 on: November 27, 2016, 05:19:13 pm »
Hey Justin,

I just wanted to say thank you so much for keeping up this site and keeping it free!!! I've been playing guitar for around two months now, and I'm already on stage 6 of the beginners course! Your lessons are super helpful and fun, and thanks to you I've made huge progress. I've asked for a couple of your books for Christmas as I am an unemployed high schooler haha. Thanks to you, my fingers are now super sore and I've fallen behind on homework (guitar is life!!! :)

Thanks again,
Alex

Offline ssbn610g

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2746 on: December 08, 2016, 05:11:48 pm »
Thanks Justin,

I got hooked and decided this would be a good venue for me to pursue music/guitar. The lesson I saw was done on a Mark Knopfler tune, Brothers in Arms which I happen to really like. I look forward to learning how to play via this site.

Thanks again.

Alpo

Offline GenGerr

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2747 on: December 12, 2016, 01:14:17 am »
Literally to say thanks Justin :)

Offline DarrellW

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 15
  • Still learning.......
« Reply #2748 on: December 12, 2016, 08:41:35 am »
Thanks for a great site Justin, I've been watching your how to play .......... videos on YouTube for a while now and always found them excellent and easy to follow.
As a return to playing guitarist after many breaks (mainly due to frustration) I thought I'd give it a go again and basically start from scratch unlearning my bad habits I'd picked up trying to learn on my own. I'm feeling very happy with my progress after only a couple of weeks.
As I'm retiring from work soon and don't have anything much of a pension I can't afford 1 to 1 tuition so this has been my chosen route and I shall contribute when I find out how things are going with my retirement.
Thank you so much
Darrell
Acoustic: Taylor 214ce, Sigma 00M -15, old no name classical
Electric: Squire classic vibe 50's tele; 1998 Squire affinity tele (bit battered and bruised ;) ).
Amp: Blackstar ID Core Beam. FX: Electro Harmonix 720 Looper, Zoom 505 II, Bespeco Volume pedal

Offline DaFunkyFish

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2749 on: December 15, 2016, 01:51:17 am »
Justin, thanks for getting me going with learning how to play guitar. The first two stages of your beginner course really helped me see some progress and as a bass player for many years I know I will dedicate in effort to get better. I also bought your beginner module book and strumming dvd. I am currently on stage 4 and will be moving on the stage 5 soon.

Offline Unicorn

• Good Vibes 1
« Reply #2750 on: December 17, 2016, 11:45:15 am »
I may have been here before, but you can't say "Thank you" for this sort of great site and great teaching and great attitude too often.  Maybe this time I will move forward more, but I have moved forward plenty thanks to this site.  I just need to actually use some of the great material I have bought from here instead of lazily going back to the stuff I want to play and can't

I have found lots of great support from guitarists I know (Joe, Sam thank you too) and elsewhere on the web, but Justin has been awesome.

Now - off elsewhere to deal with my little problem.  Like many on here, and elsewhere, I think its a little problem which seems huge, and may be a showstopper

But before that - thanks again  :)

Offline blackchip

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2751 on: December 17, 2016, 06:27:59 pm »
Hello Justin,

Beginner here, love your site and made a donation and received the CDs, song book and the course in paperback.  I tried instructors locally and learn so much more by following your course.  The funny thing is, my instructor thinks he deserves all the credit for my progress. 

Offline damian

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2752 on: December 30, 2016, 10:40:20 am »
Just wanted to say thanks Justin.  Your videos and easy style make it easy for an ole codger like me to learn.  Got the first three chords down okay, revisited your first lessons on posture and now can't see my fingers hehehe.

Came to this after years of not playing piano and fed up of trying to relearn it.  Your site and lesson structure is perfect for me as I travel a lot and cannot commit to a regular schedule.  I will be making a donation very soon and possibly buy one of the sets - just I don't have easy access to a DVD player at the moment.

Cheers buddy and thanks!

Damian

Offline MysteryTom

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2753 on: January 03, 2017, 10:25:33 am »
Hi Justin,

What an awesome guy you are! Your youtube video lessons are incredible. You have such a natural talent for teaching and i've never seen guitar lessons better.
Took me a while to look at your website, but its fantastic. So much info there and all for free. If there were more guys in the World like you it would be a better place.

Thanks dude!

Offline paulsparrow

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2754 on: January 04, 2017, 01:54:14 am »
Justin,

I've followed you on youtube since I started playing a year ago.  Love the videos.  I think someone like yourself who works so hard and is such a great person to offer so much free stuff on the web that I felt compelled to buy your DVD collection and support you.

Great work and by the way it was only a few business days to receive them all the way to Canada's west coast.  Great job and keep up the amazing work.  One day I hope to be as good as you are.

Thanks
Paul

Offline smac87

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2755 on: January 04, 2017, 01:41:36 pm »
I want to thank you for all the songs and lessons you have taught me on youtube.
i have bought 2 of your dvd sets and the books to go with them.
Looking Forward to getting rocking with you again.
I played guitar in my teens then lost touch but you brought me back and made it fun.

Offline bobwood

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2756 on: January 05, 2017, 05:48:41 pm »
Justin, thank you for the great lessons and valuable information!  This site is wonderful.  I was with you here about ten years ago.  Glad you are still here.  I will donate as soon as I can.

From America's heartland.  A blues lover.

Bobwood

Offline shoreboy31

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2757 on: January 06, 2017, 06:34:18 pm »
As if 276 pages of "thanks" wasn't enough for you Justin, I'll add mine in here as well. I stumbled on your site a few years ago when a friend asked if I could Google where to learn guitar. It was after browsing through your site that the fire re-ignited in me to learn. So I went last week and bought one and came home and immediately opened your site to get started.

It's quite obvious you've helped many others beyond guitar lessons, you seem like a great guy and would at some point like to shake your hand as a proper Thank you when and if you make it across the pond in the future. Until then this meager post will have to do.

Sent from my XT1585 using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline sbenton2k2

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2758 on: January 07, 2017, 07:01:11 pm »

Justin,
I wanted to thank you for putting your this site together.  I think it's changing my life. I'm just getting started but so far so good. Keep up the good work.
Thanks again.
Sam
Detroit
Michigan, USA

Let use go then, you and I
While the evening is spread out against the Sky
Like a patient etherised upon a table

Seagull Original S6 Cedar & Epiphone Les Paul LE Trad Pro II

Offline raycantlearnguitar

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2759 on: January 08, 2017, 04:55:14 pm »
Hi Justin,

Fantastic site,tried to learn guitar in my youth,but failed miserably,could never learn from the guitar books of the time,retired now so thought I'd give it another go.I've purchased a couple of your books and combined with the video lessons am starting to make some progress.Hoping to get my grandchildren involved (I'm sure the way their fingers glide round electronic devices they will find it a lot easier.)Will try and donate soon,don't know if I've posted this in the right place,but keep up the good work

Sent from my iPad using newbielink:http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=93296 [nonactive]

Get The Forum As A Mobile App