Author Topic: The Thank You Thread  (Read 322776 times)

Offline bsmooth

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
Re: The Thank You Thread
« Reply #2730 on: September 06, 2016, 03:13:33 pm »
Tried to learn and quit, picked it up again, quit again, again and again. That is until I saw one of Justins's videos. Picked it up one more time, and started with the online lessons.Watched the videos, and saw Justin's enthusiasm. It spreads pretty easily it seems.
 This happened over probably 25 - 30 years, so its been a struggle, but Justin just has a great way of taking it one step at a time. If you get down on yourself, hes there with that grin and enthusiasm again, and it just works. Justin is that little voice in the back of your mind, and I'm glad your here.
Almost 60 and I have more enthusiasm now then I ever did. So thanks Justin !
Bruce

Offline slick

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2731 on: September 07, 2016, 12:13:13 am »
thank you justin for all your hard work to make us all a better guitar player! you simply rock

Offline mh.jahanbakhshi

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2732 on: September 17, 2016, 06:44:33 am »
I just finished my master studies. you teach in my second language, and also  better than all of my university professors. Thank You.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Offline Angel

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 3
« Reply #2733 on: September 18, 2016, 06:39:14 pm »
Dear Justin,

Thank you for the well organised, comprehensive and fun learning material that you provide for free on your website! I am using your beginner course as my main resource, as well as adding in songs that I find myself. The structured stages of the course are helpful with directing and assessing my own progress in a self-teaching situation. I look forward to progressing onto your other courses and appreciate the wide variety of information that you make available to people.

My friends and I will be donating and/ or or buying some of your products as an expression of our gratitude for your sincere generosity, and appreciation for your intelligently designed high quality content!

Sincerely,
Angel
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 09:20:36 pm by Angel »

Offline nevkam

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 3
  • Hello!
« Reply #2734 on: September 20, 2016, 02:37:20 pm »
THANK YOU SIR MAY WE HAVE ANOTHER
Metta :)

Offline ghswen

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #2735 on: October 23, 2016, 06:43:59 pm »
Thanks Justin!

You have gotten me started on a long journey!

I appreciate your humor and keeping it 'light'.

Beginner (August 2016) 67 years young.
Goal: to be able to play so someone can recognize the song!

Offline mvpetri

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2736 on: October 24, 2016, 04:54:16 am »
This is one of the greatest websites I have found!

Thank you, Justin!

As soon as I get some money flowing, I'll definitely buy one of your DVDs!!

Offline Emma

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2737 on: October 25, 2016, 05:35:09 pm »
Thank you Justin, after many failed attempts I'm finally getting it. Bought my guitar on Saturday messed around with no structure and then found you. Lovely structured lesson at the right pace. I'm now practicing the 1minute sessions with D A and E. Onwards and upward Thank you so much.

Offline batwoman

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 33
« Reply #2738 on: October 30, 2016, 05:15:16 am »
Justin I've said thanks before and I want to say it again even louder.  I've been using your site for about 5 months now and as I revisit the Beginners Lessons I'm even more impressed at the quality of your work and the friendly, easy style you have (must be because you're Australian!). You explain things so well, you structure and pace the course beautifully, you're encouraging, your videos are exceptionally good and all the support material you provide makes the course so rich and full. I have both your Beginner's Songbooks. I like the layout, love the comments and helpful hints, and the opportunity to develop songs as I get better. The books are so easy to follow, leave nothing out and most of all they inspire me.

I like that you remember how it is to be a beginner rather than being flashy and overwhelming beginners with all the advanced stuff that you can do. You are a gifted teacher. The forum is also a fantastic resource. I can't thank you enough Justin for your generosity and for giving many a way of learning this beautiful instrument. I make a small monthly donation as a way of returning the favour. Many, many thanks Justin, I wish you well.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 12:43:26 am by batwoman »

Offline jarsenx

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2739 on: November 10, 2016, 08:23:02 pm »
Thank you so much Justin for the tremendous amount of work you do on the site. I am amazed at the sheer amount of material you've created and how really helpful it all is. I've been playing guitar on and off for a while but I never made that breakthrough to being proficient because I didn't have the fundamentals right. I'm sure that by working through the Beginner's Course systematically I'll get the basics I need. Thanks again, mate.

Offline Libitina

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
  • Do something new, Learn the Guitar.
« Reply #2740 on: November 11, 2016, 01:52:22 pm »
Thank you Justin.  ;D

Having just ordered the course book it will take a week to arrive. I can though start by using the website, a real +, so Thank you again. !

Libi
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 02:43:06 pm by Libitina »
1st, Epiphone Electro-acoustic AJ 220 SCE
2nd, Squire Strat HSS Candy Apple Red
3rd, Epiphone Ltd Ed. ES339 Vintage Sunburst

Offline aki13

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2741 on: November 13, 2016, 08:20:24 pm »
Thank you very much Justin.

I started to play the guitar when I was 23. Two and a half years ago, I bought my first guitar in my life. There wasn't anybody to help me learning guitar around me. I was all by myself. And then I came across to Justin. Even English is not my native language, I started to watch the Justin's videos. Not only I learnt to play the guitar but also my listening skills improved. I learnt so many things from Justin. I complete all the beginner and Intermediate courses. And now I am here to learn more from him. Thank you Justin. It will not enough how many times I say thank you to him. It was like and oasis in the desert. There is so many videos, pdfs, et.c on the internet. However, only the Justin's videos thought me how to plat the guitar. It is very interesting. When I completed Justin's courses, I started to watch other guys' videos on the internet, but it didn't help me. And I came here to complete the Blues lessons even I don't listen to blues. I don't know why but when I take look at some blues courses of Justin, I was like "I should learn it". It is very fascinating. After all those years of listening rock and metal music, maybe I become a blues player. Thank you for inspiration Justin. :)

Offline carlhungus

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2742 on: November 19, 2016, 10:41:53 am »
Thank you Justin !

I've bought my guitar and try to play it 20 years ago. At that time, I've begin to take some lessons.
Unfortunately, and perhaps because I was a slow learner, it cost me quickly too much.
So I've tried to learn alone, with helps of some books, during several months.  At that time, internet was not at the current level.
But without real lessons, it was difficult and discouraging. I've paused my instrument for long years.,

3 months ago, I've take back my guitar from the attic, change the 20 years old rusty cords and start to play again with help of some websites and tablatures sites.

But again, with no real method, just like in the old days. With another predictable failure...Then, I found your website !

Woow, I just can't imagine someone have made such a nice and useful course, and must of all freely available to everyone. It is simply, as many of famous personality says also, I am really impressed.

Now after just 1,5 month of training with your website, I can play at a level which I never reach before, and can start playing some "easy" songs like beatles for my kids.

And I'm so happy to see the joy in their eyes then I have to thank you again and again for all your tremendous work and your gift to all beginner guitar play like me !

Thanks again Justin !

Offline pumukk

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #2743 on: November 24, 2016, 10:18:39 pm »
I always wanted to play guitar but I´d never had the money to afford regular lessons, so one day trying to play “I´m a believer” with my flatmate she found your tutorial of the song for beginners, I really liked the way you taught the song and I tried to find more material, then is when I found your website and free lessons and then ours lives changed forever :) 

(Sorry if there is any gramatical mitake)

Offline Libitina

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
  • Do something new, Learn the Guitar.
« Reply #2744 on: November 26, 2016, 04:35:57 pm »
A special thanks for passing us the info of where to get our guitar setups done. I went to Charlie C and retrieved my electro-acoustic today and WOW, what a difference.

Thanks you so very much

R. H
1st, Epiphone Electro-acoustic AJ 220 SCE
2nd, Squire Strat HSS Candy Apple Red
3rd, Epiphone Ltd Ed. ES339 Vintage Sunburst

Get The Forum As A Mobile App