Author Topic: The Thank You Thread  (Read 300086 times)

Offline Tele Dan

• Good Vibes 0
Re: The Thank You Thread
« Reply #2715 on: August 02, 2016, 06:42:02 am »
Justin Thanks for all you do....Cheers to you for taking time out of your day for the playing impaired like me...

Offline bbbsteve

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2716 on: August 02, 2016, 03:41:38 pm »
Just wanted to say hi.
I found Justinguitar.com while searching the net for guitar tuition ideas & found it easy to follow.
I've tried to learn to play in the past but didn't get on very well,so put the guitar away. Just recently I was inspired to try and learn again and I think Justin might just be the right person to help.

Offline johnnytheflyer

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2717 on: August 02, 2016, 11:46:58 pm »
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie to making music. I just bought a Fender Squire Bullet, and just ordered the JustinGuitar "Complete DVD course"

I'm anxiously awaiting to start my beginner's journey to learning to play the guitar.

Thanks for all the free information, I'm hoping my purchase of the DVD's helps support the site for the use of everyone... I thank you for your expert tutelage Justin.

Offline Mphs-Mike

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2718 on: August 06, 2016, 02:25:29 am »
Hello Justin and Forum!

I always wanted to learn to play an instrument, but never took the time.  Now, retired I have them time.  They say one of the secrets of retirement is learning to spend time without spending money.  Maybe this will help.  I'm looking forward to the journey. 

Oh, by the way, I'm from Memphis, Tennessee, USA, home of the King!  I like just about all types of music, but especially classic rock.  Don't see myself as a shredder, more on the mellow side of the Eagles, America or some CCR.

A huge thank you to Justin and what you have going here.  Very cool dude.  Love your positive attitude and generosity.  You can certainly look for a donation from this southern gent.

Cheers,
Mike

Offline batwoman

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 27
« Reply #2719 on: August 12, 2016, 06:25:56 am »
Huge thankyou to Justin and your team. This is by far the best website I've found for a beginner like me. I've had a taste of a few membership sites and they don't compare. That this site is free is amazing. Thankyou for your generosity. I hope it comes back to you manyfold. I admire your ethics and your musicianship.  I love your teaching style, all the tools you offer and the great merch. I'm waiting for my first song book to arrive and have committed to a monthly payment. I come here every day, and when the wheels fall off as they did this week I find it helps me get back on track. Thankyou Justin, you rock.

Offline maelaevi

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2720 on: August 12, 2016, 09:25:59 am »
I've always loved the sound of the guitar but never got around to learning to play it. Your website and lessons encouraged me to do so and it has had a positive effect on my life. I've learned new things and gained confidence and happiness from learning the guitar. Thank you Justin. People like you make the world a better place.

-Anton

PS. I will be buying your books and dvd's on the intermediate method once I reach that point  :D

Offline Baltic

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2721 on: August 15, 2016, 08:32:17 pm »
Thank you Justin I'm in my 60s and just started to learn guitar I found your site and then found your beginners course book with discs in a music store which I bought. I then bought your beginners song book from your site. I've now been at it about 8 week and try to do a least 15/30 mins a day. I've just reach the dizzy heights o 20 cord change a minute as I have arthritis in my fingers (that's 1 of the reason I started to play) I think this is good but i keep trying to play some songs some work some don't I think maybe I'm trying to run before i can walk is there some simple picking exercises to do  just for variation I'm play a fender strat by squire is this right or should I get an acoustic guitar instead

Offline Jim

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2722 on: August 19, 2016, 05:04:32 am »
     Hi Justin,

Actually bought the complete beginner series via Royal Mail from England and the service was excellent, not my first pony ride with Royal Mail. A top notch service.

You deserve a lot of credit for what you do and it is going to pay off big as time moves ever forward You appear to be of genus level IQ with OCD in a good way and with an emotional but caring base.  Taking the time to think of others besides yourself, maybe we can get you Knighted by the Queen, Other pop stars have been, like Elton John, as you are really giving more to people everywhere than music but the gift of making music, for all who desire it, regardless of personal wealth and position in the grand scheme of things!   Your a credit to your parents, who made this possible for you!

Offline blubberboy

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2723 on: August 30, 2016, 08:12:47 pm »
I rarely donate to websites but I had to do it with this one. This is the best resource for guitar lessons on the internet. I have been playing for 40 years but still learnt masses of new stuff from Justin's posts.

Offline AJUK

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2724 on: August 31, 2016, 03:01:30 am »
Hi Justin and team

I have been playing the guitar for about 14 years now but I have never had a structured practice routine. I only tend to pick the guitar up when I have something to practice for BUT, having discovered your website, my enthusiasm is rekindled.

I've just been laid off from work so I now have no excuse for not practicing as I have plenty of time on my hands!

Amazingly, I found that I knew a lot of intermediate stuff, barre chords, but not all of the open chords. This was mainly due to the fact that I was originally taught barre chords and found them easier to move between than open chords. After the pain in the thumb went away I always use open chords!

Now though, I will practice my open chords and my scales to improve myself.

Take care and keep up the good work.

Offline rebelrabbit

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2725 on: September 04, 2016, 08:58:09 am »
I've already posted on this thread before but would like to again, specifically relating to Justin's blues lead course.

I've been playing for about 25 years and I've mainly been trying to play blues guitar. Until I watched your videos and explanation of the blues being a language and built up using words, my playing was just unorganized pentatonic ramblings, with the occassional great moment.

I can't believe or thank you enough for these first one or two videos explaning what the blues is. No textbook or video or anything has ever explained it in this way to me before. And it is a revalation. I'm now nearly at the end of the 1st blues course and I believe with 20 or so licks in my bag so far, that I'm playing better blues guitar than I ever have.

And it's really developing. The more I play the suggested licks, I'm starting to alter them or phrase them to how I hear them. I'm also hearing them on records, that I listen to daily on my way to and from work.

It's early days but I really feel like I'm working towards my goal now and improving, to being a pretty good blues guitarist.

Thank you so much!!!!!!

Offline C.Strumz

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2726 on: September 04, 2016, 09:04:19 am »
Hello Justin,

Need I say much, your courses are fantastic. I've always wanted to learn an instrument. I started with the piano but couldn't get a headway.

I later fell in love with the guitar when I saw one of my favorite musician play it on stage.

Your site has helped me keep on and progress, which I feared I may not before I picked up the guitar.

I wanna say a big THANK YOU JUSTIN

Sent from my mi-A500 using Tapatalk

Offline bsmooth

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2727 on: September 05, 2016, 04:50:33 pm »
Picked it up , gave up, picked it up again, gave up again, this happened over probably 20-30 years. Found Justinguitar, and now everytime I think about giving up again ,all i do is listen to a new song or a new lesson and the enthusiasm is back. Summer is tough I admit it, its hard to stay focused when its nice outside.
 Then winter comes, and here in New England that can be just about anything. Well when its cold outside theres nothing better than strumming those winter blues away.
 Just listened to the Walk of Life, and love that little blues riff for it, specially since Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler is one of my all time favs.
 So its a bit long winded, but heres a heartfelt thanks from all of us wanna be guitarists, for being out online coach and little voise that keeps us going sometime ! Bruce
Bruce

Offline Hoonigan22

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2728 on: September 05, 2016, 05:18:40 pm »
I've been following your site and YouTube Channel for YEARS now, and I started following you on Facebook a while ago. I've thanked you there a couple of times, but I decided to stop by here and thank you for everything you do. For those of us that are far from the UK o maybe don't have the means to get your eBooks, your free lessons are more than appreciated.
I can tell that you love what you do, and you're great a it. Please, keep it up!
A big thank you from Argentina!

Offline mawwag

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2729 on: September 06, 2016, 02:33:07 pm »
Thank you Justin - the guitar is saving my sanity with your help.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App