Author Topic: The Thank You Thread  (Read 321911 times)

Offline Raven37

• Good Vibes 0
Re: The Thank You Thread
« Reply #2700 on: June 14, 2016, 04:27:16 pm »
THANK YOU Justin! 

Offline carpman

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2701 on: June 19, 2016, 12:22:39 pm »
Thanks Justin.
After struggling to play, the beginners DVD`s I got from you are my way to playing properly and with confidence. This is the best site for all I need. Keep up the amazing work and best wishes to you and you family.

Offline guitaruke

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2702 on: June 23, 2016, 09:35:47 pm »
Justin...you're a saint! Thanks dude...just..thanks man.

Offline vette3

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2703 on: June 24, 2016, 09:43:08 pm »
Justin and team , just a quick ty for your passion for guitar ,your willingness to devote huge amounts of time and effort to share with anyone who wanders in. I've been coming to your site to learn for several years.You guys are so much more than just teachers. You set a great example in how to treat other people.You have truly inspired me in many ways.As a matter of fact , I went out a few weeks ago and bought a driving hat.

Offline DiamondLung

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2704 on: June 28, 2016, 11:47:42 pm »
Thank you Justin.  I'll be sure not to forget you when I'm famous ;D

Offline Katy

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2705 on: July 03, 2016, 08:57:31 pm »
To keep it short, sweet and to the point... THANK YOU! *bows down* ;)
Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine!

Offline Laila

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 31
« Reply #2706 on: July 06, 2016, 06:29:56 pm »
I cannot BELIEVE the amount of work that has gone into this site. I'm also vastly impressed by the friendly attitude and the attention to detail. Quite frankly one of the most impressive and welcoming sites I've seen. Thank you! If I don't learn guitar it certainly won't be Justin's fault!
BC Stage 7 started August-ish 2017
Yamaha FS 720S Acoustic
Taylor GS Mini
https://soundcloud.com/laila_ph

Offline Jim

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2707 on: July 08, 2016, 06:29:21 pm »
  Hello Justin, Best way to say thanks is to purchase your beginners course and buy music albums from amazon,
                    having done so, feel I'm doing my part, within my ability to do so.  Being an old retired man just
                    now learning guitar it's proving to be a process, that will take a while but am committed to it.
                    Your site here is a god send in that en-devour!
                     Thanks, Jim

Offline ajc24

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #2708 on: July 08, 2016, 10:43:21 pm »
Hi Justin and team,

May I just say how great this site is! Everything is easy to find, user friendly and the forum is a great place for guidance and encouragement. Everyone there is super friendly and very helpful.

I've bought the beginners course book, DVD and beginners songbook, too, and am currently working through Stage 1 of the BC (yep, just beginning my journey into learning to play) and I am amazed at the quality of the work that went into it. Every lesson is clear and concise. I have found the book to be an excellent compliment to the videos!

I'm already looking into your other books and DVDs on this site as I intend on following a lot more of your lessons and material on here  :D

Great work guys! Absolutely love everything you've done here :)

Regards,
Anthony

Offline jazz

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2709 on: July 12, 2016, 02:49:59 pm »
Hey Justin! Your positive attitude and well structured courses probably are about to save my dry study time!  I'm living in the middle of nowhere with plenty of time beside learning and sports but just wasn't able to find a balancing musical activity yet. Finding your courses is the best thing that could have happened to me.
Let's just stop here and turn back to practicing, I would like to be able to say the same thing in retroperspective :-) Keep it up!

Offline Kazlin

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2710 on: July 13, 2016, 09:06:08 am »
Hi Justin, I have always had a guitar in the corner of my room collecting dust throughout the years. Me bad! But life got in the way and apart from the occasional strum, it just sat there. I finally had a huge burst of enthusiasm a couple of years ago to start practising. Why did I leave it so long! Absolutely love the guitar and I am becoming better and better with every new chord I learn. It is people like you who keep me motivated. I now feel I want to learn in a more structured way. I have bought your book and will watch your videos, in the hopes of becoming one amazing girl guitarist! Thank you, you are an inspiration!

Offline Raul32

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2711 on: July 20, 2016, 08:14:31 am »
Hey Justin,

I wanted to thank you for the amazing lessons.  I have been practicing now for 3 weeks every day for 30 minutes to an hour.  You have opened a door that was always closed to me before.  I am now on the path to being a musician.  I have always struggled with learning instruments but with your lessons, I have managed to make steady progress and improve with each day I pick up my guitar. 

I received my guitar about 10 months ago as a gift from my wife for my birthday.  Since then I have never picked it up to practice because I didn't know where to start.  But after I came across your lessons I was floored by your teaching techniques and was able to make progress right away.  That really put a huge smile on my face.

My wife is on a trip for 6 weeks and has no idea I am practicing. I plan on surprising her with a song (Three Little Birds) upon her return. 
Thank you so much for making this a possibility.

I have already purchased the first song book and it's on its way!

1,000 Thanks Justin!

Raul

Offline action9000

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2712 on: July 21, 2016, 08:24:47 am »
First of all, thank you and holy crap!

I'm a casual trumpet / keyboard player who's just picking up the guitar AGAIN after years of trying it, hating its learning curve and giving up. This time I'm trying your lesson plan and WOW is it smooth sailing compared to the experiences I've had.

I'm only in stage 3 right now but I never imagined even getting this far in my previous experiences.

As a keyboard/trumpet player who spent a lot of time in school bands over the years, I'm used to instruments with single "keyboards". The fact that a guitar has 6 strings, each one with a different tuning, felt like a monumental task of trying to memorize 6 differently-transposed keyboards before I could do much of anything. It was just daunting.

I'm doing my best to remember that the guitar is not a keyboard and I can't treat it like one. It has its own rules/tricks and you're presenting them beautifully! At the end of the day my goal is still to memorize the fretboard and be able to play the guitar like a keyboard, being able to play melodies by sightreading sheet music and to pick apart chords and play them in the inversion that makes sense in the context of the music I'm playing.

You're getting me comfortable with the instrument in these early stages, a phase I could never power through. Thank you again!

Offline ESTELLE-JOE

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2713 on: July 23, 2016, 10:18:32 pm »
Newbie, yes I can proudly say it, cause now I have a structured program to really learn and progress in my guitar journey.

Many Many Many, THANKS TO YOU JUSTIN, I just ordered my first course ( The JustinGuitar Beginner's Starter Pack - NTSC / English ) on Tuesday July 19, 2016 shipped FEDEX expedited delivery, arrived Thursday July 21, 2016

So far I've progressed up thru Lesson BC-115 1-Minute changes since July 21, 2016, I will keep you posted as to my continued progress & successes with you beginners pack.

Thanks again to you Justin and mod's here in the Forum.
Peace from the USA.  :)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 11:36:09 pm by ESTELLE-JOE »

Offline OldLynn

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2714 on: July 25, 2016, 01:48:25 am »
Justin, this is a wonderful site! I ordered the Ukulele songbook and received it across the ocean very fast! I found you because you're basically top on Google. Having bought a tin can ukulele at an art fair and never had a musical instrument lesson, I came looking and have looked no further. In only two weeks I'm finding my fingers will do things I never would have imagined. Your advice to practice chords by playing lots of songs is so right.

Thanks so much.

Lynn in Canada

Get The Forum As A Mobile App