Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 354236 times)

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 114
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #1785 on: August 17, 2018, 11:50:36 am »
Ya got me. Big Monty Python fan. Good job I'm not a superhero 'cos my kryptonite would be for the bad guys to put on Holy Grail's Brave Sir Robin scenes or Life of Brian's Biggus Dickus scene and I'd be helpless with laughter.

I wouldn't mind playing some of Eric Idles's songs eventually.
LoL

Offline BrianK

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1786 on: August 18, 2018, 12:25:13 am »
Hello 👋 I just joined and thought to take a moment to say hello and introduced myself

Nickname: None

Real (full) name: Brian

Age and birthday: 50

Habitat: Home with my lovely wife and 4 kids (well two are in college now)

Which guitar(s) do you own? Gibson Les Paul Traditional

Which guitar do you currently play on? Gibson Les Paul Traditional

Which amp(s) do you own? Marshall DSL 40c

How long have you been playing guitar? 2 1/2 years

Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)? Blues, Blues Rock, Classic Rock

Which genre do you play on your guitar often? Blues and Classic rock

Who are your favorite bands? Led Zeppelin, B.B. King, Muddy Waters, Buddy Guy, Joe Bonamassa, Gary Moore, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Eagles, soo many

What inspired you to start playing guitar? Well I’ll try to keep this short, when I was 13 I snuck into my sisters record collection. I came across the wild album cover and gave it a listen, though the Headphones came this amazing riff and Mr Page had me hooked! The ocean was the song that made want to play and wa s the very first song I learned on the guitar as a matter of fact. So why so long ? Well frankly we were poor it was just my dad raising us, I worked 3 jobs to get though college where I met my lovely wife of 27 years. Then the girls came and along with them came ballet, tap jazz then piano lessons, viola lessons, cello lessons, and one daughter was in the ringling jr orchestra the other jazz band as well as jazz piano and the youngest was cello and orchestra. Soooo they took priority!  and then my I had a wake up call father was diagnosed with lung cancer we talked endlessly the last  few months of his life about bucket lists and things we should have done and didn’t and the importance of not leaving things undone. He passed July 2015. Around December thinking about my own life it just hit me my whole life I wanted to play the guitar I always talked about, thought it would be so cool to play my favorite songs. So I talked to my wife who said “mmm well ok I guess” and a quick phone call to Sweetwater and around January of 2016 I started this wonderful journey! If you read all that your awesome👍😆

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band? Nope not as of yet maybe one day

Why do you play guitar? The pure love of the instrument! I just love the sound, the tone, the emotions you can create

What are your goals for the future? Well I would love to be good enough to play in a band. I don’t. Care about success or any of that I just want to play the music I love!

Offline JimQPublic

• Good Vibes 0
Introduce yourself
« Reply #1787 on: August 18, 2018, 08:02:30 pm »
Nickname: Jim
Real (full) name: James
Age and birthday: 53
Habitat: Los Angeles, California, USA

Which guitar(s) do you own?

Breedlove Discovery Dreadnaught
Fender Parlor CP-60S

Which guitar do you currently play on?
Both but mostly the Fender.

For how long have you been playing guitar?
3 months, since May 2018

Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)?
A big variety: Folk, classic rock, some country, some bluegrass, jazz, blues, R&B...

Which genre do you play on your guitar often?
Horrible noise so far.  Aiming for Tommy Emmanuel inspired fingerstyle.

Who are your favorite bands?
My kids' marching band and son's jazz band  I really like the unplugged work by some of the rock legends- Knopfler, Clapton, etc. 

What inspired you to start playing guitar?
My daughter plays tuba and son plays trombone in school bands.  I also go to a music festival 2x per year with lots of musicians.  All this exposure to music an musicians I feel like an illiterate- I want to understand more of how music is made.

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band?
No.  I would be banned from any band!  I don't see myself playing in a band and I don't sing, which is a large part of the reason that my goal is to develop travis-style skills.  It seems conducive to solo play.

Why do you play guitar?
To experience on the inside what I've been an onlooker.

What are your goals for the future?
Play well enough that people come into the room when I'm playing instead of them running away with fingers in ears
« Last Edit: Today at 02:38:35 am by JimQPublic »

Offline Chrissyboy

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #1788 on: Today at 12:39:46 pm »
Nickname: Chrissyboy
Real (full) name: Chris
Age and birthday: 47 (England)

Which guitar(s) do you own?
Epiphone G 400 Pro

Which guitar do you currently play on?
Same

Which amp(s) do you own?
Fender Mustang I

For how long have you been playing guitar?
Since January 2018

Which is/are your favorite music genre(s)?
All different kinds of Rock mainly

Which genre do you play on your guitar often?
Rock

Who are your favorite bands?
GnR, Sabbath, Zep, Greta Van Fleet

What inspired you to start playing guitar?
Always loved the sound of the instrument and always wanted to play

Do you play in a band or have you been playing in a band?
Nope, not sure I ever will either, just want to be able to play for me

Why do you play guitar?
Love it and it also disconnects me from the world and all the negative xx--xx

What are your goals for the future?
To be the best player I can be, to be able to listen to a song and be able to play it.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App