Author Topic: any chance for a gig in israel?  (Read 7237 times)

maor

any chance for a gig in israel?
« on: October 15, 2007, 06:52:39 am »
hey justin,
do you think there is a chance you can do a show in israel?
that would be quite epic
seeing the man that is teaching me guitar :D

Alijayne

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 05:20:33 pm »
Nah pop down to Devon :wink:

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 150
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 09:09:12 am »
Being that I can't stand the way that Israel treats Palestine, I think the chances of me ever going to Israel are about zero. Sorry.

J
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 144
    • Point Fifty
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 10:51:17 am »
Reason the more to go and tell them that in a set of protest songs! (Beatles were banned by Israel for so long :D)

Belgium treats everybody right.. :S always welcome! :D
my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty

BelgiA

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 11:10:04 am »
Quote from: "justinguitar"
Being that I can't stand the way that Israel treats Palestine, I think the chances of me ever going to Israel are about zero. Sorry.

J

That's a good reason to come,you can talk about this issue.
An anti-war kind of gig

Adlai

Re: any chance for a gig in israel?
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 12:30:18 am »
The idea of doing an anti-war gig is actually a good one -- Roger Waters did it in his summer 2006 tour. When he was there, he went around spray painting "We Don't Need No Thought Control"...

lebo

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 04:18:40 am »
justin i love your teaching and your website.  and i know this may not be the place for this, but you have it a backwards my friend.  this world once AGAIN careers toward the madness of naked, shameless Jew-hatred.  Israel turned over gaza to the "palestinians" (which there is no such people as palestinians, they are arabs), the "palestinians" built a terrorist state and a terrorist army.  and THEY launched daily attacks on Israel.  no one in history has suffered more than the Jews.  If the world would leave them alone, i know they would leave the world alone.  you could go to Israel have a great time, play your music and be safe.  i do not think you could do that in any arab or muslim country.  this is not an attack by any means or a letter in anger.  i just think the wrong people are being blamed AGAIN for the worlds problems.  and it is happening everywhere.  YHWH bless Israel and bless you my friend!

jimiclaptoncarl

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 06:10:20 am »
Wow what a first post. I presume you are from Israel?  ;D

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

jimiclaptoncarl

Harpmaker

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 09:13:57 am »
Welcome to the forum lebo, but you are right, this wasn't the place for most of your post. We had a Politics forum here, but it was taken down for a reason. We talk guitars here or guitar related activity. Politics and Religion really don't belong here anymore, however; Justin plans to start another separate forum for that. ::)

If we had to all get along to play music, not one note of music would be played. Hey, someone should write a song about that!  ;D

lebo

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 05:38:31 pm »
i apologize.   as i wrote my response i was being torn because i know this is not the place.  i am really from Nashville, Tn.  so, back to the guitar i ordered justins "practical music theory"  and it is wonderful.  in such a short time i have been taught things by justin on one page that guitar teachers could not relay in sessions.  so beginners or even more advanced could use this tool.  and it is great to add to your library.   i agree w/ justin if you can help you should.  i know how much money i have wasted.  and justin gives it away for free.  thanks guys and thank you justin

Get The Forum As A Mobile App