Author Topic: No Sure Betts  (Read 783 times)

Online tobyjenner

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 214
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
Re: No Sure Betts
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2021, 11:46:16 pm »
Clint

Very nice laid back super uber cool jam my man. My immediate thought was a slow Jessica Allman trundle and loved the flow. Had not read the previous comments at that point but certainly some  All Bro going on in a very good way. Really nice tone wise as well so a welcome listen, as life returns to normal post family visit.

Cheers

Toby
 8)
Here since Mar 2013 Completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM, MTMS Still on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/   
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2wcjHmnrFuQyom6tqUtdrQ
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 183
    • YouTube
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2021, 07:00:37 pm »
Clint

Very nice laid back super uber cool jam my man. My immediate thought was a slow Jessica Allman trundle and loved the flow. Had not read the previous comments at that point but certainly some  All Bro going on in a very good way. Really nice tone wise as well so a welcome listen, as life returns to normal post family visit.

Cheers

Toby
 8)
Thanks TJ. I appreciate the listen and kind comment. I know how much you dig Southern Rock.

Still working on my Madman to American English translations. Aside from a trundle bed, this is the next best thing I could come up with:
"Trundle is a hulking and devious troll with a particularly vicious streak, and there is nothing he cannot bludgeon into submission—not even the Freljord itself."

From the League of Legends game.

Online tobyjenner

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 214
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2021, 10:15:04 pm »
Thanks TJ. I appreciate the listen and kind comment. I know how much you dig Southern Rock.

Still working on my Madman to American English translations. Aside from a trundle bed, this is the next best thing I could come up with:
"Trundle is a hulking and devious troll with a particularly vicious streak, and there is nothing he cannot bludgeon into submission—not even the Freljord itself."

From the League of Legends game.

Clint I'd better be careful in future. Living a quiet life these comic book characters pass me by, unless of course my gandson is over watching that kind of stuff.

Trundle in this arena, would be a slow amble. A meandering walk, I'd add with some Southern Rick lilt. That's kinda how I heard it.

I can provide subtitles ??

Cheers (Thank you)

Toby (Toby)

8)  ( 8) )

Tee hee (sniggers)
Here since Mar 2013 Completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM, MTMS Still on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/   
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2wcjHmnrFuQyom6tqUtdrQ
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 206
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2021, 12:20:36 am »
Thanks, close! All those happy and sweet Allman Bros tracks. :)

Yeah, I had higher hopes for this exercise initially than I was willing and able to deliver. LOL

No cork-sniffery here, the hexatonic scale is easier than it sounds, it just adds the 4th to the pentatonic scale. Since the progression is a I-IV, G major to C major, adding the 4th which is a C note is truly some low hanging fruit (musically). <grin>   

You always deliver Clint. Thanks for this gem of brain fizzing info.
Walcott Custom OM Acoustic , G&L Tribute Fallout Electric, Crafter T035 OM Acoustic, Ashton Bass.

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 183
    • YouTube
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2021, 12:26:07 am »
Clint I'd better be careful in future. Living a quiet life these comic book characters pass me by, unless of course my gandson is over watching that kind of stuff.

Trundle in this arena, would be a slow amble. A meandering walk, I'd add with some Southern Rick lilt. That's kinda how I heard it.

I can provide subtitles ??

Cheers (Thank you)

Toby (Toby)

8)  ( 8) )

Tee hee (sniggers)
I learned something! Cool beans. Thanks again. :)

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 183
    • YouTube
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2021, 12:36:40 am »
You always deliver Clint. Thanks for this gem of brain fizzing info.
Thanks as always Maggie! The blues scale is also Hexitonic, surprised that no one called me out on that one. LOL

Interestingly enough (or not) I'm looking at an exercise that "introduces" the "Composite Blues Scale", and I'm probably going to sit this one out. Not sure how to do musical things with this monster:

Maybe walk ups and walk downs?

Offline embishop

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 124
  • Guitar-Goddess-In-Training
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2021, 01:45:35 pm »
Love the way you keep stretching yourself, Clint. The video and the mood it brought suited the music too, very nice playing sitting on the bank of a lazy river, just making music. Good vibes to you for the music! :)
“To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.” ― Ludwig van Beethoven

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 183
    • YouTube
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2021, 10:38:47 pm »
Love the way you keep stretching yourself, Clint. The video and the mood it brought suited the music too, very nice playing sitting on the bank of a lazy river, just making music. Good vibes to you for the music! :)
Thanks Mari! Your supportive comments are always very thoughtful and kind. Much appreciated.

Offline Alex6strings

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 65
  • Without the guitar, life would Bb
    • Instagram
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2021, 04:18:54 am »
Suitably impressed with this little gem CT.    I'm a big fan of Major scale sounds and I thought this was a cool little jam.   I liked the intro repeating lick, it gets your attention straight up. 

I think you said adding the 4th or something was 'low hanging fruit', however those fruit were ripe and ready to go mate,  so i like the feet on the ground approach with this one.   With minimal chords in the progression i wouldn't expect the melody to go too crazy anyway so it felt good.

I tend to wallow and fester in minor keys but I love me that major sound and have always fancied writing something jingly.  Tried many times but i just keep coming up with Mr Plow and that's already been done. 
Nice one Clint
"Hand me a guitar and I'll play the blues, it's the place i automatically go"  EC

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 170
  • Well I am working on it.
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2021, 01:20:52 pm »
Hey CT,
Nice major walk in the park... This is about the only other scale I know at this time, aside from the minor pentatonic and your work here makes me think I should give it a go in an original. Sounds good on this end and your tone is good too.

Keep rocking,
LB
You can rock a bit here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNOrtongjfX4RI33JWKwn7Q/featured

"I just experiment in guitar and music, at times something good comes of it..."
LB

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 183
    • YouTube
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2021, 03:03:49 am »
Suitably impressed with this little gem CT.    I'm a big fan of Major scale sounds and I thought this was a cool little jam.   I liked the intro repeating lick, it gets your attention straight up. 

I think you said adding the 4th or something was 'low hanging fruit', however those fruit were ripe and ready to go mate,  so i like the feet on the ground approach with this one.   With minimal chords in the progression i wouldn't expect the melody to go too crazy anyway so it felt good.

I tend to wallow and fester in minor keys but I love me that major sound and have always fancied writing something jingly.  Tried many times but i just keep coming up with Mr Plow and that's already been done. 
Nice one Clint
Thanks for the kind and supportive words Alex! Hope to hear some music from you soon, it's been a while and you've taken down your previous videos. Your tracks are always great.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App