Author Topic: Ten Years of Giving Award - to honour the music and generosity of LBro  (Read 2774 times)

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 675
  • Teesside, North East England.
It is just over ten years since LBro first joined the community. In those years LBro has done stellar work at improving his own playing, singing, recording and video making. The results of his efforts we can all happily see in the AVOYP area. In addition to writing and recording original songs, LBro has been involved in many fantastic collaborations with, (to name as many as I can remember, I will edit if I have missed any so please speak up ... now edited) Schlaffenwagen, Scooter Trash, NaNa, Sari, Mike Sebastian P, Cue Zephyr, CagnOnRocks, pkboo3, CT, batwoman, most recently Oldhead plus, of course, his own family.
LBro has learned much about DAWs and music software and has generously shared so much of his knowledge and experiences with other forum members.
LBro also maintains regular long-distance friendships with a number of forum members - embodying the idea that virtual friends are friends. He also took time on a long distance holiday to Australia to meet with batwoman for a real life encounter. This fantastic recording resulted.
Further, in terms of simply being a wonderful person, LBro embodies our spirit and ethos. For many years I have noted that he regularly visits to make a conscious effort of catching up with all AVOYP posts from members old and new, listening and making positive, encouraging comments. In ten years he has amassed over 4000 posts. 75% of these are in the AVOYP area.
Finally, LBro often contacts us moderators with a mind to the smooth running of the forum. He has a background in IT and has sent me messages with heads-up info or alerts about technical issues with the forum and its workings.

LBro - we salute you. :)

« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 11:24:51 am by close2u »

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 190
    • YouTube
Re: Ten Years of Giving Award - to honour the music and generosity of LBro
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2021, 10:02:01 pm »
Well deserved Kudos, LB! You are such a cool, kind and talented person. I can personally attest to your musical generosity. Makes my day to see you get this award. Really nice shout out, MrClose!   

Offline phx1973

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 60
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2021, 10:03:22 pm »
I love this, and completely agree. Congrats, LBro!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Currently studying Intermediate Foundation 2

Fender Telecaster, Taylor 214CE-DLX, Martin 000-X2E, Fender Blues Junior IV

Offline glpguitar

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 39
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2021, 10:23:33 pm »
You're one of the people I remember from my early days on the forum. And I still remember that L stands for Little Bro (or maybe I am remembering it wrongly, not sure). Well deserved award sir and hopefully you enjoy your session with Justin!

@Close2u:
Thank you for reminding us about the Australian meet-up. I forgot about that and it put a big smile on my face!

Online Rosshkerr

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 7
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2021, 10:44:16 pm »
Congrats LBro. Well deserved

This is my guitar. There are many like it but this one is mine

Offline Jamolay

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 20
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2021, 11:13:57 pm »
I really appreciate this community and what it has offered.

Thanks LBro, for being a big part of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline adi_mrok

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 104
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2021, 02:06:53 am »
Very well deserved, I am not here this long but I don't think there was a single video I posted that LBro wouldn't comment on. Thanks for being around and congratz man!

Keep on rockin' my friends

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 206
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2021, 04:17:21 am »
Congratulations LB  :)

I've been the very fortunate recipient of your generosity, many times. Without you and your tech know how, my first collab would never have left the ground. In the time we've known each other, you've spent many hours tutoring me and resolving the many melt downs and problems. You've been very helpful encouraging GAS too ;D  All done with generosity, knowledge and a fine sense of humour.

A well deserved award LB.
Walcott Custom OM Acoustic , G&L Tribute Fallout Electric, Crafter T035 OM Acoustic, Ashton Bass.

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 402
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2021, 07:08:39 am »
Bravo and congratulations, LBro, richly deserved and I'm totally delighted to celebrate this with you.

Richard's citation said it all.

I have benefitted tremendously from your encouragement, education, and feedback in playing, singing, and especially recording and production. Much of this behind the scenes. Your willingness to share and help is greatly appreciated.
Began the adventure Dec 2016 expecting little, achieved more than I dreamed and am a happy advancing beginner

Road Case: https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=41958.0

My Music: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2X_TlNs7agW-U0EBCDdbw

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 212
  • Black country bloke, ijut intollerant 😂
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2021, 08:36:20 am »
Well deserved LBro, it’s all been said! Well done buddy 👍👍👍

Offline SS7

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 42
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2021, 10:09:37 am »
Congratulations LBro, well deserved!

Sent from my SM-N985F using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline tobyjenner

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 258
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2021, 10:17:18 am »
Little Bro

Huge congrats and well deserved. You have been a consistent, helpful contributor in these parts for as long as I can remember and a well established member back in early 2014 when I rocked up. Really chuffed when I saw this in the newsletter and no one more deserving. It also encouraging for others to see your development both on the singing playing but especially the mixing/production front and not forgetting the videos. You raise the bar for many of us and show what can be achieved.

Always an honour to chew the fat online and offline as we have for many years. ;)

Top Geezer - Well done. ;D

Cheers

Toby
 8)
Here since Mar 2013 Completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM, MTMS Still on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/   
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2wcjHmnrFuQyom6tqUtdrQ
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537

Offline Rossco01

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 139
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2021, 10:24:26 am »
Congratulations LBRO and well deserved. You've made a fantastic contribution to this forum.
Epiphone DR500MCE, Pacifica 112V, HB Tele, PRE SE Custom, Katana 100, Trio Plus, Line 6 PodGo mfx
Follow me on >> https://soundcloud.com/rossco01
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHlzgAndj0AFFSNE1iGnbQQ

Offline KasperFauerby

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 126
    • Kaspers SoundCloud
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2021, 02:50:50 pm »
Congrats, and well deserved!

Offline brianlarsen

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 142
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2021, 05:12:55 pm »
LBro-
one of my most consistent 'encouragers' in the AVOYP area...
'nuff said  8)

Offline pkboo3

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 69
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2021, 04:31:18 pm »
Congratulations, LBro. So proud for you. We have been privileged to receive much help from you. Such willingness to assist in other’s work to help them improve, to share your knowledge of things like recording. You pointed me towards Reaper in which I am so glad you did. Some great collaborations with you and some other folks in my own works.  Once again, Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 194
    • Point Fifty
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2021, 05:58:34 pm »
Great to have you with us LBro!
Our post in the newsletter and above sums it all up!
 8)
my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty
 | My solo act:  website: Devil's Advocate

Offline mynoud

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2021, 05:34:01 pm »
Congratulation LBro for this achievement  :) Awesome !

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 171
  • Well I am working on it.
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2021, 08:11:27 pm »
Hi All,
I was asleep at the wheel, busy on another original song project and did not know there was a post thread up on this. I will come back in a bit and respond more, as I got to run out the door. But I wanted to say thanks to all that posted here, to the mods and Justin! Without Justin, none of this happens!

All the best and keep on rockin'
LBro
You can rock a bit here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNOrtongjfX4RI33JWKwn7Q/featured

"I just experiment in guitar and music, at times something good comes of it..."
LB

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 171
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2021, 11:08:34 pm »
OK Folks,

I put out some fires and now can respond proper to all the nice comments you left!

close2u - Gosh you have a good memory on the collabs I have been part of! I think the only folks you left out were pkboo3, CT and my family. We did this song "Give me oil in my lamp", which you can take in here:
https://youtu.be/X5CIr0EUwJ8

That song is special to me as it had my 3, 40 year oldish daughters in it and 2 of my oldest daughters' kids in it. So, call it 3 generations.

I think this award should have gone to you Close as you put in massive untold hours keeping this ship tidy and running smooth. So a tip of the hat in that direction sir!

CT - Thanks Clint. You're such a green thumb, I am in awe of your crops and vids of them! Thanks also for the Mr. Jones collab. That was fun. I would like to do another someday if you're open as I love your guitar play and harp! - Keep on rockin'

phx1973 - Thanks for the kind comments and take good care! - Rock us with some more posts!

Glpguitar - Gosh, you go back a ways. You are very correct on the LBro handle and meaning. BBro (Big Bro) gave me that nickname decades ago and it was a natural to use here. Yep, my wife finally got me on a long haul flight somewhere across the ocean and then some. As soon as I knew I would be near Maggie, I figure we had to meet up and did. She was a great host and show us a great time. It was the highlight of our trip, for sure. - Keep playing that fine guitar and rock it down!

Rosshkerr - Thank you very much for the nice comment. You take good care!

Jamolay - You bet, I sure like all the posts and playing I get to. Keep on rockin'

adi_mrok - What can I say adi, you rock. So of course, I make sure to try and check your stuff out. Thanks for the kudos!

Batwoman - Thanks Maggie! I sure have enjoyed all our time together, working on issues, collabs and more. You have been great in giving back as well. First in hosting our trip and at many other times. I can recall many requests by me, for your bat ears on a project. You sure beat hearing aids! :-)

DavidP - Hi David. You have come a long ways my friend and I am glad to be a small part of that process. Let's rock to the music and keep up the good stuff!

DarrellW - Thanks for the triple thumbs extended! Pretty cool of you! - Keep on a rock'n!

SS7 - Thanks so much! Hey, does that SS7 have anything to do with the secret service and James Bond? - JK in a rockin way!

Tobyjenner - I enjoy our talks and am thankful for the heads up on this thread! Saved my rear end there! Top Geezer? Ugh... I think I give that honor to OH49. He has really come on in the last year or so and is one of the most improved players on here. In your corner, you have upped your game considerably and are producing some great play, vox and more! Keep up gig mano and rock on!

Rossco01 - Thanks a lot, you do well your yourself and keep on posting what you got!

KasperFauerby - Wow, how you doing Kasper? Great to get an attaboy from you! Seen any new pedals of late? :-)

Brianlarsen - Brian, I expect to stay in your Inn when I get over that way. You can then play me your extensive set list! You might be ok though, as I don't do long haul flights anymore. I got a bad case of flat rear end from the last venture! Thanks, and keep on rock'n.

pkboo3 - Thanks so much Pam! It has been a pleasure to assist you and your golden voice! Always glad to help and we will have to do another collab one day! I am glad Reaper is working out for you too!. I got about 92 tracks going in my latest project and my eyes are watering, looking for things! I guess 3 monitors is not enough. You take good care and keep working over your set list!

LievenDV - Thanks so much for the congrats. I think it even better the forum is blessed with your presence as you help keep the show running smooth!

Mynoud - Hi and welcome! Thanks a bunch for your congrats. I hope at some point I will see a post of play or a song from you! Take care and rock it down!

Thanks again to all,
LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 194
    • Point Fifty
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2021, 12:24:05 am »
Great speech!  8)
my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty
 | My solo act:  website: Devil's Advocate

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 206
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2021, 02:51:29 am »
I got about 92 tracks going in my latest project and my eyes are watering, looking for things! I guess 3 monitors is not enough.

92 tracks? My head nearly exploded  ;D

3 monitors not enough? I can smell GAS  ;D
Walcott Custom OM Acoustic , G&L Tribute Fallout Electric, Crafter T035 OM Acoustic, Ashton Bass.

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 171
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2021, 06:02:04 am »
92 tracks? My head nearly exploded  ;D

3 monitors not enough? I can smell GAS  ;D
Ah, 92 fat tracks is not really what it sounds like. Most are storage tracks of thing like vox takes and guitar or other things. You don't know how many times I have gone back and sifted the takes again to find a good one, when the first I had picked was not up to snuff.

On the monitor I am starting to think a big one in the middle that is higher res and give more screen real-estate might work better. Still toying with the ideal. But right now, anything computer hardware wise seems very overpriced!

All the rocking best!
LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Offline glpguitar

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 39

Offline frito

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 7
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2021, 03:49:57 am »
Late to the game here - congrats LBro and so well deserved.  Thanks for all you do and share  for all us forum members. 👍
1983 Sigma DM12-5, 12 String Accoustic
2017 Gretsch Streamliner G2420/ABB Hollowbody
Orange Crush 20RT amp

Get The Forum As A Mobile App