Author Topic: Constant "Updating Song List" Prompt  (Read 339 times)

Offline PKane

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
Constant "Updating Song List" Prompt
« on: June 04, 2021, 09:16:19 pm »
Hi, I'm using the app on iPad and recently every time I revive my screen from sleep the app restarts and spends several seconds "Updating Song List." This is while I'm actively using the app - for example, I'll be working on 1 minute chord changes, take a minute to review my fingering before moving on to the next timed session, the screen goes dark for even a second I then have to wait up to 30 seconds for this "Update."

I also now have a constant icon of a wifi symbol with a red x at the bottom (I checked my connection and it's fine, and I assume the app wouldn't work at all if it wasn't).

I checked the settings and it doesn't seem as though there is a way to turn off this constant auto update. Is anyone else having this issue? Can it be corrected? This has been going on for at least a week and right now it makes the 1 minute changes feature unusable for me.

Thanks for your time!

Edit: Ugh. Now it started doing it in the Songs section without the screen going to sleep - right in the middle of trying to switch between songs i get the 30 second "Updating Song List" prompt.
"I'd like to write some songs that are so good that nobody understands them. Not even myself."
- Townes Van Zandt

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 647
  • Teesside, North East England.
Re: Constant "Updating Song List" Prompt
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 06:47:41 am »
Hi.
Can you please add info on the ipad model and the iOS version?

Offline PKane

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2021, 08:56:35 am »
Thanks for the response. It's a very old model - 2014 iPad Air, so many apps are no longer supported, especially over the last year; although the Justin app was working fine up until now.

But it would be helpful to know if the age of the iPad is the problem. I'm reluctant to commit to a longer subscription on iOS because if I do get a new tablet it's likely to be Android.
"I'd like to write some songs that are so good that nobody understands them. Not even myself."
- Townes Van Zandt

Offline PKane

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 10:51:26 pm »
Just an update that the issue seems to have gone away. I didn't not sure if it was just a freak thing with my device (I didn't change anything) or if your team did something. If the later, thanks!
- Townes Van Zandt

Get The Forum As A Mobile App