Author Topic: Guitar Shortages.  (Read 992 times)

Offline Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 219
    • My Road Case
Re: Guitar Shortages.
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2021, 07:41:31 pm »
Awesome. You should have some fun with that!

Cheers,

Keith

Offline DarkPrognosis

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2021, 08:35:25 pm »
Awesome move! Welcome back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you, and I am honestly very happy today due to this.  I mean internally because all signs point to 2022 is when I would really have waited until (from Ibanez themselves).  I noticed with two left in stock the price went up seven dollars.

I didn't even hesitate I saw 3 and clicked buy now without even changing my card used, lol.  He who hesitates in 2021 loses. :/

edit:  I see my guitar just went from 2 to 7.  How strange.  edit #2:  Now at 11.  Very strange indeed.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 12:28:08 am by DarkPrognosis »

Offline DarkPrognosis

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2021, 08:38:43 pm »
Awesome. You should have some fun with that!

Cheers,

Keith
The cool thing is that at that price I can put in whatever PUPs I wish when I wish without guilt of how much it cost.  Lost 0.5mm in thickness, but honestly I know I can barely feel a difference of 0.5mm thickness with my 3d prints.

Now, my fear is it is Amazon (I really hate buying from them but no choice, really) so they do not box anything to me.  Instead, they use plastic bags.  I just had a refund due to the bag, and the item inside was destroyed.  What I bet is I get it in the original Ibanez box, so my fingers are crossed that it makes it to me in one piece.

Offline J.W.C.

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 84
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2021, 08:00:04 am »
Well, let's just say that if Amazon ships you a guitar in a plastic bag I'd be absolutely astonished.

Offline DarkPrognosis

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2021, 12:44:52 pm »
Well, let's just say that if Amazon ships you a guitar in a plastic bag I'd be absolutely astonished.
Exactly.  I expect they will just ship it in the original box.  I say this because Amazon says this - Packaging: Shows what's inside and can’t be hidden. If this is a gift, consider shipping to a different address.

Offline DarkPrognosis

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2021, 09:51:38 pm »
It just shipped as I received the email notification from Amazon.

To my horror it was shipped via USPS.  So many horror stories about the local USPS since I moved here eight years ago.  Not uncommon to see the postal worker at 8pm - 10pm delivering my mail though the official cut off is 8pm local time, so they must be doubling, and/or tripling routes on the drivers.  That means a lot of the mail gets ditched of things like flyers, and/or bulk rate stuff.  My problem is a ton of theft at this local station too (not that I think a package this big will get stolen I was just saying) but the inspector general in DC just refuses to work with my neighbourhood to catch them.

My hope is that it arrives, and it arrives unscathed.

/fingers still, and now toes too, crossed.

Offline DarkPrognosis

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2021, 05:01:08 pm »
I was out, and it arrived 20 minutes before I could get back.  The outside box does not let anyone know what is inside, so I am unsure what Amazon was smoking when they said otherwise.  Outside box is very much intact as well, and tonight I will open it up to give it a check.

Since this was a big box USPS must have delivered it to me via a special carrier (they do that) and not my postal mail carrier.  That is a very BIG/HUGE positive.

Offline DarkPrognosis

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2021, 11:12:46 pm »
Well, I am impressed.  I do feel the 0.5mm difference afterall, but it is not enough to stop me.  This guitar sounds different, and by that I mean thinner sounding.  The pickups are not nearly as hot as the RG421, or my Squire, but it works.

In my testing I did F, G, C, E, Am, Em, D, A without an issue.  What I am hearing is a tiny bit of buzz every now and again, but I bet that is due to the action (not measured it yet, but it seems really low which is to be expected since this is a shredder guitar).  This has 10-46 on it and the low E isn't really in a slot it sort of is resting on it.  Very good to learn on, then PUP change and grab the TusQ XL nut later on.  The wood is a bit plastic in comparison to my guitar or the 421, but I don't really care this is to learn on.

Now to try and build my calluses (they are long gone) again, and start all over with Justin.  Oh, and this guitar is much lighter than the 421 or mine (way lighter than my Squire).

Overall this is not a bad little guitar.  I had to pull the knobs out a smidge as they were rubbing but beyond that not bad at all, and raise the action just a tad for me.  Tuners are a bit flimsy, but seem to hold their tuning.

Oh, a final note, but intonation on the 12th fret was spot on except for the low E which is a cent high.  Liveable for sure.

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 378
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2021, 07:23:34 am »
Happy NGD, DP, enjoy it

Offline adi_mrok

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 82
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2021, 12:17:03 pm »
Glad to see this story with a happy ending, happy NGD!

Keep on rockin' my friends

Offline Jamolay

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 10
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2021, 01:17:03 pm »
Sounds great! Now play the sh** out of the sucker!
I wish I knew a way around the callous thing, but at least they will feel more worthwhile if you are enjoying the playing more.

Offline DarkPrognosis

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2021, 04:29:14 pm »
Sounds great! Now play the sh** out of the sucker!
I wish I knew a way around the callous thing, but at least they will feel more worthwhile if you are enjoying the playing more.

Yes, it is a joy to play for sure.  The problem I have is the lack of calluses that just refuse to grow.  My third finger (used on G where it is the worst) without a callus lets the fingernail sink into the fret board.  Iow I press the high E and the string sinks into my skin past the fingernail and the only thing stopping it is my bone, and the fingernail pushing into the fretboard.  This is why I have to get some calluses.

I found that I need to take the E string and file into the nut with it a few times because when I press it down at Fret 1 I get F and 1 cent.  The others are spot on so the nut is ever so slightly off.  Eventually I will replace the plastic ABS nut with the TusQXL (which I love after replacing my nut on my Squire with it).  Beyond that some new PUPS.  I have seen some Chinese PUPS that rock hard on videos.

Oh, funny thing is the guitar had 8 left yesterday and the price was at MSRP so I paid a smidge over 1 USD more than MSRP, but so glad I got it.  I tried the Bob Marley song and flubbed it (especially when going back and forth on the E) but I was up to speed.  Much nicer now though so I just need to get my hands back in order.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App