Author Topic: The new app versionis just terrible :(  (Read 611 times)

Offline EJ Blues

• Good Vibes 0
The new app versionis just terrible :(
« on: April 26, 2021, 05:57:39 pm »
Justin don't know why you changed the app but it is terrible now. To play songs is now almost not possible anymore, the previous versions was very clear which chords on which moment came but now it's small and just a wilde guess what to do. I also wonder why the guitar is played now in the songs while me, the student , should play the guitar? Also the vocals are nice but really disturbing when I'm practicing so I switch them off. This new version is a huge step back in your program and I really wish I can go back to the previous version since with this app I can hardly continue the lessons. I played all songs just like that and now with the new app version I can hardly play any. If I should have knew this before I didn't renew the app last week for a whole year. Why ruin something which was perfect??? :-[ :'(

Online close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 633
  • Teesside, North East England.
Re: The new app versionis just terrible :(
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 06:08:53 pm »
Hi EJ
Welcome to the forum.
:)
I see you're in the Netherlands.
I'm fairly certain the new app is not yet available there.
It is available in a very few countries and I don't have that shortlist to hand.
The Beta test version is now no longer live and available.

I#m sorry that for whatever reason the version you have is not to your liking.
If it is the new version, if somehow you have secured the new version, then be assured, what you have is not the final product.
Beta testing caused Justin and the app development team to pull it all back in and revise many aspects that the beta testers gave bad feedback on. Many features and functions will be different when it is fully released. The feedback was listened to and the biggest critiques and complaints have led to action.
Please bear with us.
Thanks

Offline EJ Blues

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 06:56:04 pm »
Well it updated automaticly so I can't go back either  ::)
I switched on the tablet today and noticed the icon was gone, so I looked into the installed apps and found the Justin guitar app but with a new icon. When I opened it all was new and sparkling but not player crisp as the old one was. I'm happy to hear this is not the final release so I'm hopeful again but I really wonder how I can go back to the previous one?

ps I have two pics to show the app version I have now but can't attach them here.

Online close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 633
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 07:21:13 pm »
To attach pics go to a host site such as Imgur, upload then click on copy for the BBCode (message boards & forums) and paste in a reply.

Offline EJ Blues

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2021, 07:01:01 pm »
Still don't know how to go back to the old app so I can continue my lessons?

Online close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 633
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2021, 07:23:31 pm »
I have contacted Musopia on your behalf and linked to your comments in Disqus.

Offline EJ Blues

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2021, 05:37:11 pm »
Thank you, do apreciate that  ;)

Offline MusopiaApps

• Good Vibes 0
  • Musopia makes your dream of playing come true!
    • Musopia
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2021, 10:43:48 am »
Thank you EJ Blues for your post.
Justin has changed his course structure into the new one and as the app developer Musopia is following him with this major update. Your app is updated automatically to the new version as we have released it in more countries recently, including Netherland.
We're sorry to hear that you don't enjoy the new app as much as the old version. We are working on improving the song player and many other features so as to make everyone happy. Stay tuned!

newbielink:mailto:[email protected] [nonactive]

Offline Milifax

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2021, 07:16:27 pm »
Hi all, would also like to give you my 2 cents on the new app;
I totally agree with EJ Blues, the update is not good for me as I am starting to learn the guitar. Especially the play-along part is very difficult now. The old app was way more better than this one regarding playing along. If you re playing, you can hardly hear the app in the background and where you are in the song.
The old app sounded a bit like elevator music with the piano melody sound in it, but it was perfect to learn and play along with the songs.

Please bring back this option, as it made learning a lot more fun.

Online TCB

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 15
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2021, 07:37:41 pm »
Your app is updated automatically to the new version as we have released it in more countries recently, including Netherland.
We're sorry to hear that you don't enjoy the new app as much as the old version. We are working on improving the song player and many other features so as to make everyone happy. Stay tuned!

The song player is the reason that I recently bought an annual subscription to the app.

Is it possible to make the upgrade optional rather than automatic?  I would prefer to keep the legacy version of the app until you're able to bring the song playing capabilities at least up to the legacy app level.

Tom

Offline Milifax

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2021, 09:26:47 pm »
Not sure if this is appreciated, please delete this if not:
I installed the old 2.3.7 version of the Justin guitar app from apkpure.com and disabled the auto-update on my phone for this app.

Really hoping you will make the current app better, for now I stick to the old one. Sorry.

Offline ElDesdichado

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2021, 08:50:06 am »
Same for me.  :(

I feel completely lost in my "journey" with the new app.

I do not know what module to start with, regarding the stage I was in previous app. I have to scroll back from the module I dropped in in order to check what I have not practised yet.

The learning path looks more and more like a list of Justin's videos brought together in a random order.  Maybe the application is fine for large pads but not really convenient to use with a smartphone.
At some time it would be good to consider videos for improvements and guidance as a complement to written descriptions, hints and tabs.

Most important, the player, which was the key feature, is, to me, not usable anymore.

I can not even play the introduction video to understand why I "deserved" all that.

I was thinking about giving up Justin app.
For the moment I rolled back to version 2.3.7 (thanks Milifax).

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 186
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2021, 10:11:38 am »
Welcome to a lot of the newbies who have joined us here and are experiencing problems with the new app.

I know efforts are being made to sort things out but hang in there. I am not an app user, its an age thing.
But why not head over to the website and carry on learning from there while the issues are being resolved.

Don't give up on Justin as he is a fantastic teacher, keep learning and keep playing.

My 2 cents

Cheers

Toby
 8)
Here since Mar 2013 Completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM, MTMS Still on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/   
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2wcjHmnrFuQyom6tqUtdrQ
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537

Offline Milifax

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2021, 10:27:12 am »
Welcome to a lot of the newbies who have joined us here and are experiencing problems with the new app.

I know efforts are being made to sort things out but hang in there. I am not an app user, its an age thing.
But why not head over to the website and carry on learning from there while the issues are being resolved.

Don't give up on Justin as he is a fantastic teacher, keep learning and keep playing.

My 2 cents

Cheers

Toby
 8)

Hi tobyjenner,

totally not giving up on Justin, I still think the lessons on the website are great. I use the website to learn my guitar.
I'm just giving up on the app for the moment, as I only used it to play along with a song. The criticism is what we all give I guess to make the app better and more workable for beginners. No criticism on Justin or the way the great lessons are presented to all of us.

BR Milifax

Online close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 633
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2021, 10:40:46 am »
Please can all folk please, please contact me and / or LievenDV directly via personal message.
We can then take your personal complaint / issues / problems back to Justin, to Laryne who is compiling a list of issues and feed that information directly back to Musopia too.

Offline joueur de guitare

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 37
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2021, 12:09:49 pm »

Same here, but if you're going to sell an app the vendor should be responsible for ironing out the problems in beta and taking notice of user feedback. Musopia? have published the app, they should know that updates wipe out older versions and that may not be optimal for some users.

Shades of what Firaxis did to the Civ series on PC. Their updates rendered it unusable to anyone running higher than W7.

Being associated with the app doesn't reflect well on Justin's site.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 07:38:25 pm by close2u »
Guitars. Fender Highway 1 Tele: Fender Shortboard LE Mustang: Ibanez AS73 semi-hollow: Ibanez SR370 bass: Squier Affinity Strat: Squier Jagmaster.

Online close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 633
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2021, 12:18:40 pm »
Here is a substantial FAQ page from Musopia.

https://musopia.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/360005674640-FAQ-Justin-Guitar-App-Version-3-

Following beta testing the rollout was halted until major improvement work was done.
For the vast majority of users in the vast majority of countries across the world, the new version is not yet available.
For reasons I am unsure of (I am not and have never been part of the App team) it is available in some countries however.  Not many.

Musopia and Justin are taking all issues very seriously and as a high priority.

As I stated, please, please, please contact me or LievenDV via personal message or go direct to Musopia using email address [email protected] for any issues relating to the new version 3.

Offline Milifax

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2021, 01:43:25 pm »
Hi Close2u,

can you not just point towards this thread. It is mentioned all above and gives a good overview to what users are missing or what is lacking considered to the old app.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 07:37:47 pm by close2u »

Online close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 633
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2021, 03:16:29 pm »
Hi Close2u,

can you not just point towards this thread.
I have alerted Laryne (who is compiling a list of issues for Justin and Musopia) and I have also messaged Musopia with lnks to comments both here and in the relevant pages on the website.
If you notice up above there has already been a response fron MusopiaApps.

Offline stuartw

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 5
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2021, 06:14:19 pm »
Is there going to be a pc version of the new app?

Sent from my SM-G930F using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Get The Forum As A Mobile App