Author Topic: Is PMT available to download?  (Read 420 times)

Offline zlybilly

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 2
Is PMT available to download?
« on: April 08, 2021, 05:58:46 pm »
Hello, I just signed up for 6 months PMT at Justin's. Soon I'm leaving abroad for 4 months, without permanent access to the internet. Can I anyhow download video content of PMT to my hard drive? I also have Youtube premium is this content available to "watch offline"?

PDF i have already on the hard drive.

I understand this is kinda stupid question, but on the other hand why not trying to ask? Just looking for some solutions for upcoming voyage.

Cheers

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 196
Re: Is PMT available to download?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 02:15:44 am »
It's a good question billy and you have a good plan to keep your music alive while you are at sea.

I'm sure there are people in this community who could give you the advise you ask. Sorry it's out of my league.

I know you write songs, make sure you keep that happening while you're away. I understand the risks of putting your guitar in the hold for flights, so I'm wondering if a small keyboard that you could stow in your luggage might be easier and safer to travel with? That would give you a way of practicing your theory and writing some songs.
Walcott Custom OM Acoustic , G&L Tribute Fallout Electric, Crafter T035 OM Acoustic, Ashton Bass.

Offline zlybilly

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 06:20:25 pm »
Right... So I guess there is no official suitable way for downloading videos. Anyway I have started my course already and I have plenty of ideas now to keep on going despite lacking the progress videos. And still i have got the book I can follow. I will be fine. I guess major scale mastering, notes and chords in scales and improv using my present skills would keep me alive for this few months :)

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline GrowlingDog

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 17
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 06:33:53 pm »
I'm not sure what PMT means, however you can download any YouTube video and save them locally using software called Clipgrab.  I cant remember if it is free, if not it must be cheap as I have it.  It works very well.

Offline tobyjenner

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 192
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2021, 07:13:32 pm »
I'm not sure what PMT means, however you can download any YouTube video and save them locally using software called Clipgrab.  I cant remember if it is free, if not it must be cheap as I have it.  It works very well.

GD

PMT is Justin's proprietary Practical Music Theory Course. First 3 modules are free, then its subscription only, so not something that's out there YT land, unless its been pirated.

Toby
 8)
Here since Mar 2013 Completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM, MTMS Still on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/   
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2wcjHmnrFuQyom6tqUtdrQ
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537

Offline GrowlingDog

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 17
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2021, 09:03:08 am »
Ah, that explains it.  I do hate acronyms, I never know what they mean.

I racked my brain for ages and couldn't guess it.

As it's the Practical Music Theory I can't think of a way to do it, only the free lessons that are on YouTube can be saved locally that I know of.

Offline zlybilly

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2021, 11:58:45 pm »
Ive completed first stages that are posted on YouTube, but as I said nevermind as I have started further learning plenty of ideas came upon how to explore and develop theory in relation to making music :)

Online glpguitar

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 36
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2021, 12:08:12 pm »
Ive completed first stages that are posted on YouTube, but as I said nevermind as I have started further learning plenty of ideas came upon how to explore and develop theory in relation to making music :)

When you get some time and a stable access to the internet (I do not know if you already went abroad), keep us posted on what the ideas are and how your explorations are coming along. Interested to hear about alternative approaches towards studying!

Get The Forum As A Mobile App