Author Topic: Tab Question.  (Read 168 times)

Offline kevinuk81

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
Tab Question.
« on: April 07, 2021, 11:13:24 pm »
Whilst looking for tabs on the internet, how do you know which tab is correct? There seems to be many different versions. Which is the best website for guitar tabs?

Offline firstrazor

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 9
Re: Tab Question.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 11:33:47 pm »
JustinGuitarTAB. There is only one version for one song, but it is approved by Justin himself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Online tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 182
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 12:14:30 am »
Whilst looking for tabs on the internet, how do you know which tab is correct? There seems to be many different versions. Which is the best website for guitar tabs?

Basically you dont many are written by folk who are clueless. May sound harsh but it is what it is. In the past when you could get hold of them I bought the artists songbooks, with the original tab and have many from Iron Maiden to Eric Clapton, Staind to Nirvana. Compare some originals with post on Ultimate Guitar for example and you wonder what the heck the poster was listening too.

So ok JustinGuitarTabs will be limited in song choice but you can be assured they will be accurate. Best way ? Learn to transcribe.

Cheers

Toby
 8)
Here since Mar 2013 Completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM, MTMS Still on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/   
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2wcjHmnrFuQyom6tqUtdrQ
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?to

Offline Twilight Storm

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 7
  • I kinda suck at music, but that doesn't stop me!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 06:43:53 am »
I'd say look for tabs with good ratings if you can. Some sites let users rate them. Otherwise I just try to gimp through sight reading/and playing through the tab once. If they sound ok to me vs the recording then i'm personally good.

Keep in mind if you are using tabs and you find out something doesn't sound quite right you can attempt to find what's wrong and correct it depending on what's wrong, or find another tab and compare the area in the song.
Just a noob who likes diminished chords and songs that use them.

Electric Guitar - Yamaha Pacifica - 012 DLX. (SSH)

Guitalele - Yamaha GL-1

Online willsie01

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 13
  • Campfire Strummer wannabe
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 09:59:10 am »
We should be careful not to make unfounded claims. JG Tabs are as supplied by his publisher and he’s said in a video he’ll be working on them as they don’t all accurately reflect how the song was played. I found one of these last night: Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd. It is a priority for him to update them and I’m confident he’ll do a great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 12:10:19 pm by willsie01 »

Offline kevinuk81

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 10:35:36 am »
I look at tabs on Ultimate Guitar, those are rated, but many different versions for the same song, and so many are completely different to each other.

Offline firstrazor

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 9
Tab Question.
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2021, 11:36:31 am »
I look at tabs on Ultimate Guitar, those are rated, but many different versions for the same song, and so many are completely different to each other.
For those which are completely different, they maybe in different keys or using capo. You can use transpose function to change the key as well. JustinGuitarTAB also have the Transpose function.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get The Forum As A Mobile App