Author Topic: Start-Up Award - to honour the stellar progress and great enthusiasm of tjc_  (Read 1276 times)

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 675
  • Teesside, North East England.

tjc_ (Trevor) started learning with the JustinGuitar Beginner course in December 2020 and jioned the forum in January 2021. Trevor's learning progress can only be described as stellar and inspiring.

Trevor began to record videos of his progress very early on and began a weekly progress series of video uploads to 'Audio or Video of You Playing' that spanned across several months. His enthusiasm, commitment and enjoyment were clear for all to see.

Trevor took an enormous leap into the scary unknown by stepping up to perform at the very first JustinGuitar Community Open Mic in March 2021 ... and those butterflies and clammy hands of anxiety must have been heightened by having to wait until the penultimate playing spot (1h 24m 30s here).

Trevor recently announced that he felt the need for a short break as the hours of daily practice had led to a little burn out. We all hope that after a short period of R&R and a short pause to take stock, he makes a swift return and continues to learn, play and enjoy music. And continue to keep a video log too of course.
Bravo Trevor.
:)

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 402
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
Was delighted to read this award in the Newsletter.

Bravo Trevor, so richly deserved. Your attitude and approach are inspiring. Was a treat to catch your regular "Trevor here ..." videos.

Given your last RC update, I sincerely hope you saw the announcement in the Newsletter or here on the Forum.

You'll have a great time with Justin.

Congrats!
Began the adventure Dec 2016 expecting little, achieved more than I dreamed and am a happy advancing beginner

Road Case: https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=41958.0

My Music: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2X_TlNs7agW-U0EBCDdbw

Offline tobyjenner

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 258
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
Very well deserved. I was really chuffed for Trevor when I saw the newsletter.
His approach and focus shows just what is possible with dedicated practice. And to hang it all out there week after week, with a record of that progress, takes a lot of courage.

Well done Trevor, keep at it please.

Cheers

Toby
 8)
Here since Mar 2013 Completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM, MTMS Still on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/   
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2wcjHmnrFuQyom6tqUtdrQ
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537

Offline SS7

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 42
Congrats Trev! I was really stoked to read about the award in the newsletter, well deserved man!! Looking forward to your return and finally seeing that partscaster you were planning on putting together!

Sent from my SM-N985F using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline adi_mrok

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 104
Congratulations Trevor, I hope this award will help you move out of plateau and you will be back with us shortly making new awesome updates on your progress :)

Keep on rockin' my friends

Offline tjc_

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 24
Was delighted to read this award in the Newsletter.

Bravo Trevor, so richly deserved. Your attitude and approach are inspiring. Was a treat to catch your regular "Trevor here ..." videos.

Given your last RC update, I sincerely hope you saw the announcement in the Newsletter or here on the Forum.

You'll have a great time with Justin.

Congrats!

Thank you so much! I think I am almost ready to post another video :). I have honestly had a hard time putting the guitar down. :)

Very well deserved. I was really chuffed for Trevor when I saw the newsletter.
His approach and focus shows just what is possible with dedicated practice. And to hang it all out there week after week, with a record of that progress, takes a lot of courage.

Well done Trevor, keep at it please.

Cheers

Toby
 8)

Thank you Toby!

Congrats Trev! I was really stoked to read about the award in the newsletter, well deserved man!! Looking forward to your return and finally seeing that partscaster you were planning on putting together!

Sent from my SM-N985F using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Thank you! I can't wait until it gets here... it has already been like a month... what the heck are they growing the tree themselves? :)

Congratulations Trevor, I hope this award will help you move out of plateau and you will be back with us shortly making new awesome updates on your progress :)

Thank you!

Offline Jamolay

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 20
Yay Trevor. Well deserved. You have also been an inspiration to those of us also at the beginning stage.
You are appreciated here! Thank you!

I have missed posts on you impending partscaster. I aspire to do that myself sometime, after my guitar rehab experiences rebuilding and re-fretting.
(Oddly, auto-correct changed “refretting” to “regretting”, are they trying to tell me something?)

I will look for your thread and look forward to hearing it in one of your videos, after the tree grows…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 190
    • YouTube
Congrats on the cool award and good to hear you are back playing guitar. You are off to a really good start and the sky is the limit for you. Very nice and well deserved award. Made my morning! 

Offline glpguitar

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 39
Definitely a well deserved award! And hopefully to see you in the audience next Saturday in the open mic :)!

I have honestly had a hard time putting the guitar down. :)

This says it all 8).

Offline TCB

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 16
Congratulations Trevor - this award is very well deserved! You truly have been an inspiration with your videos - it's good to see you back on the forum. Welcome back - and keep up the great work!

Tom

Offline embishop

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 124
  • Guitar-Goddess-In-Training
What a great read it is to see you get this award, Trevor, really really happy for you. Glad to hear you’re having a hard time putting your guitar down, too - definitely a good sign!! Enjoy your lesson with Justin 😃

Mari
“To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.” ― Ludwig van Beethoven

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 194
    • Point Fifty
Thanks for being here and sharing your video's Trevor.
I'm very happy to be awarding this to you and Close2U and I were pretty sure you deserved this recognition :)

Enjoy!
my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty
 | My solo act:  website: Devil's Advocate

Offline RC23

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 32
Congratulations Trevor, you are a very worthy recipient of this award.

Rod.
Fender American Strat, Fender Japan Tele, Epiphone Flamekat,
Martin OMC-PA4, Eastman AC120CE

Offline Alex6strings

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 65
  • Without the guitar, life would Bb
    • Instagram
Hi Trevor,  congratulations on this award.   I havent been around for a while but I have seen your name come up a few times in the past few days.    I haven't seen any of your videos yet but I will be sure to check them out.  Sounds like you're making great progress.   8)
"Hand me a guitar and I'll play the blues, it's the place i automatically go"  EC

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 206
Congratulations Trevor. Enjoy your lesson with Justin  :)
Walcott Custom OM Acoustic , G&L Tribute Fallout Electric, Crafter T035 OM Acoustic, Ashton Bass.

Offline Lord_Gigabyte

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 12
  • Everything has beauty, but not everybody sees it.
Hello Trevor and congratulations! I hope we'll be seeing you back very soon.
We all have idols. Play like anyone you care about but try to be yourself while you're doing so

Get The Forum As A Mobile App