Author Topic: Peavey SC-1 - Anybody have one or know anything about it?  (Read 198 times)

Offline Kevin_NC

• Good Vibes 0
Peavey SC-1 - Anybody have one or know anything about it?
« on: February 20, 2021, 02:18:32 pm »
I recently traded some items from a previous hobby for an Ibanez RG350DX.  I like its tone compared to my old RG170 but I don't care for the trem(floyd rose style).  There is a Peavey SC-1 near me for sale or trade and the seller says he is looking for something with a Floyd Rose.  My problem is that I can't find any info on how this Peavey compares.

I'd rather have some clue about his guiltar before making contact or making any offer.

If anybody is wondering about or considering a guitar with a Floyd: I don't hate it and it stays in tune within about 5% even after leaning into the bar.  But I find very little to zero use for it in the way I play.  My biggest problem is trying to bend a single string, I have to push it a bit farther to get to my target because the bridge is not solid.  My bends are much more consistent on my hard-tail Les Paul style kit guitar.

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 195
  • Black country bloke, ijut intollerant 😂
Re: Peavey SC-1 - Anybody have one or know anything about it?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 03:39:51 pm »
It’s low end of the range, about comparable with your old RG, there is an option that converts your RG to fixed bridge
https://www.thomann.de/gb/allparts_tremolno_bp2007010.htm If you like it apart from the FR it might be worth thinking about.
Still here, still learning - no longer letting Fibromyalgia get in the way, it sucks but doesn’t have to mean your life stops!

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 619
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 07:06:27 pm »
Is the Peavey a US made model?
If so, then find out more and give it some real consideration.
They are unsung and well regarded.

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 195
  • Black country bloke, ijut intollerant 😂
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 11:05:30 pm »
Is the Peavey a US made model?
If so, then find out more and give it some real consideration.
They are unsung and well regarded.
No, it’s a cheap base model.
Still here, still learning - no longer letting Fibromyalgia get in the way, it sucks but doesn’t have to mean your life stops!

Offline Kevin_NC

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2021, 02:47:43 pm »
OK, I will probably skip the Peavey, its from Indonesia.  I may offer mine for sale to see just how much he wants something with a FL trem.  If I take on another guitar, it has to be an upgrade to what I already have.

Otherwise the Tremol-no may be a good option.  I had heard about those but haven't had a close look.  Being able to make it dive-only may solve the issue I have with it.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App