Author Topic: guitar and amp dont sound bright like on youtube reviews  (Read 441 times)

Offline dex1989

• Good Vibes 0
guitar and amp dont sound bright like on youtube reviews
« on: February 08, 2021, 11:21:33 am »
dont no if im posting on right page 

i have too guitars one epiphone les paul special 2  and one cheap ebay starter called rio

i have 2 amps 1 peavey vypr1 20w and a blackstart idcore v2 10 w

my guitars both sound  bassy and dull on clean even with mids tuned up for a brighter sound  tone turned up i just want a brighter louder sound when i play a note or chord  i bought both guitar and amp from seeing a review, and my guitar or amp sounds nothing near to there brightness and clean sound on the review any one got any advise thanks

Offline savarezguy

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 7
Re: guitar and amp dont sound bright like on youtube reviews
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 11:43:45 am »
Too many variables in this comparison.

Things like the postprocessing in the review video, your speaker system or headphones will influence how it sounds. Then if you play with a pick or not, or in a acoustic treated room or not also influence it. There may be something in the matching of the guitar and amp, or even a failure in the amp, especially if there is no obvious change in tone when turning the knobs.

Offline dex1989

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 01:30:34 pm »
thanks for advise got it sorted moved saddle closer to pickups and now sounds brighter and louder have tired ajusting pickups did nothing but when i moved saddle fully down i could hear the guitar now and my intonation is all perfectly tuned now i bought the guitar used so the guy i bought it off must not of  set it up very good

Online close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 640
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 11:35:21 pm »
I'm glad you're now happier.
What did you do exactly with the saddles?
Moving saddles will not affect tone or volume.
Moving pickup height up or down will definitely affect tone and volume.
What have you done?

Offline dex1989

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 06:56:02 pm »
I thought it had sorted it sounded better but it is still the same I have 3 guitars and they all sound same to me like there is too much low or bass no punchy or metallic sound I have tried new stings adjusting trust rod pickups turning low totally.off on amp and mid and treble turned up full if i could send a video i would show you what I mean when I seen you play things like acdc it sounds crunchy and light not heavy and dull  it might be cause I'm heavy handed and I cant use a plecktrum or pic but even people who dont use a pic all sound nice if you understand  what I mean only thing what gets my.guitars sounding perfect  is when I play locksmith on xbox  I were practicing tasha sultana jungle other day and mine just sounds like I'm playing heavy metal on clean tone no distortion just low sounding sorry for long essay lol

Offline jono

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 26
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 12:05:49 pm »
You could try adjusting the screws on either side of the pickups so the bass side is further away from the strings / treble closer. There are some suggested distances online, but you could mark where they are now and try move them up/down a bit.

Sent from my RMX2144 using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 184
    • Point Fifty
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2021, 02:21:35 pm »
- change pickup height
- check if tone control is all the way up
- check ik guitar volume is all the way up
- check if there is a presence control on the amp that needs to be turned up
- how old are the strings? you have to change them after a while if they start to sound dull
- try another cable
- try the other pickup on the guitar

my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty

Get The Forum As A Mobile App