Author Topic: Is this course friendly to blind people?  (Read 210 times)

Offline blueshoes

• Good Vibes 0
Is this course friendly to blind people?
« on: September 08, 2021, 11:39:36 pm »
So, I am almost blind (I have a prostethic left eye and 3% vision remaining in my right eye) and I was wondering, how easy/hard would the videos in this module be to follow for me?

A lot of videos I've found online are quite a bit.. "watch what I'm doing and follow"-sort of tutorials, are these similar to that or does Justin explain what he's doing to a point where I would be able to follow?

I have a very hard time seeing strings and frets on the guitar in videos, for the most part I am unable to.

Thanks for your time and also if this is in the wrong section I apologize, forums are not easy for me to navigate.. and your captcha is genuinely impossible for me to do lol.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 206
Re: Is this course friendly to blind people?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 12:47:48 am »
Welcome to the forum blueshoes  :)

I know of one visually impaired person who is learning guitar with Justin. He is part of this community. One of the forum moderators LievenDV made large chord charts for this person. https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=49702.msg458058#msg458058

I imagine your listening skills  are pretty well honed. This will be a big bonus. You'll find that once you see the info you need eg chord charts, finger placement etc, you'll develop eyes in the tips of your fingertips. By that I mean that you'll quickly learn to feel where you are on the fret and the strings without the need to locate visually. Your hearing will be an asset for it will immediately tell you if you're in the sweet spot.

If you're logged into Justin's website, scroll down below the video, Justin gives the info as script, chord charts and sometimes photos. Would this help?

I hope this helps and that you dive into learning to play.

Walcott Custom OM Acoustic , G&L Tribute Fallout Electric, Crafter T035 OM Acoustic, Ashton Bass.

Offline blueshoes

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 07:47:00 pm »
Sorry, I didn't mean Justin's overall courses, but I was rather specifically talking about the Solo Blues Guitar premium module. Owh, I'm not allowed to post external links so I can't link to it

I thought I had put this post in the right section on the forums, apologies!

I've been playing for a while now and don't need a chord-sheet, although that one is very nice and would have been helpful when I first started, ha. I'm looking to expand on what I know and I came across Justin and this place looks awesome. He looks like an awesome teacher from what I've seen and his videos (so far) have been brilliant, even without eyes, but I just wanted to get some more information on the module I was looking at, you know? Sorry again for the misunderstanding!

PS: The anti-spam captcha is nasty :(
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 08:09:22 pm by close2u »

Online close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 670
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 08:11:49 pm »
I thought I had put this post in the right section on the forums, apologies!

PS: The anti-spam captcha is nasty :(

You did put it in the correct place.
My apologies.
I thought you meant the general course.
I have now moved it back.

RE: the captcha.
It stops asking you after five posts so next time you log in make sure you reach five posts on purpose.
:)

Get The Forum As A Mobile App