Author Topic: 6/8 at 130bpm sounds WAY too fast? Android app  (Read 359 times)

Offline Chicken_Nuggets

• Good Vibes 0
6/8 at 130bpm sounds WAY too fast? Android app
« on: January 31, 2021, 04:06:41 pm »

I'm trying to practice the 6/8 strumming from Lesson 6 and my metronome sounds super fast compared to what Justin's example in the video sounded like. Is there something I can change in the settings to chill it out?

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 195
  • Black country bloke, ijut intollerant 😂
Re: 6/8 at 130bpm sounds WAY too fast? Android app
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 04:38:57 pm »
Set your metronome to 65, that’s the 3/4 timing rather than 6/8, there’s often that problem people come up against I really don’t know why they do it!
Still here, still learning - no longer letting Fibromyalgia get in the way, it sucks but doesn’t have to mean your life stops!

Offline Chicken_Nuggets

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 06:57:10 pm »
Thanks! 65bpm sounds A LOT more playable.

I set it to 6/8 in the app (just saw how terrible the video is now) but 3/4 time sounds more like what it should when I tried it on another metronome app. Should I just use 3/4 instead? Or use 6/8 at a lower bpm? Are those basically the same? I'm trying to figure it out for House of the Rising Sun.

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 195
  • Black country bloke, ijut intollerant 😂
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 07:31:04 pm »
Thanks! 65bpm sounds A LOT more playable.
I set it to 6/8 in the app (just saw how terrible the video is now) but 3/4 time sounds more like what it should when I tried it on another metronome app. Should I just use 3/4 instead? Or use 6/8 at a lower bpm? Are those basically the same? I'm trying to figure it out for House of the Rising Sun.
Watch this, it’s a great explanation that you might relate with:

Still here, still learning - no longer letting Fibromyalgia get in the way, it sucks but doesn’t have to mean your life stops!

Get The Forum As A Mobile App