Author Topic: Justme123456  (Read 4843 times)

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 365
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
Re: Justme123456
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2021, 11:08:19 am »
Thanks guys.  Yes and they’ve even given me a slice of cake on my profile page!

Many, many happy returns, Gordon.

Offline JustMe123456

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2021, 11:10:13 am »
Now back to me!

haahahahah
kidding :)
This is an open pub  ;D
“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” ~ Keith Richards

Offline sairfingers

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 95
  • 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿“Keep that one, mark it fab”. Paul McCartney.
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2021, 11:28:21 am »
Sorry JustMe. Didn’t mean to hijack your Road Case!
Studying Intermediate Course, Folk Fingerstyle and Blues modules.
Pickin’ an’ lickin’.....😎.
Martin D28 : Gibson SG : Boss Katana 50.
My road case :- https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=48801.0

Offline JustMe123456

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2021, 11:30:08 am »
This is not hijacking!! I really don't care, I think it's awesome to give attention for you becoming 67.
“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” ~ Keith Richards

Offline JustMe123456

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2021, 09:43:06 am »
Hi JustMe,

Keep in mind: it's about practicing, not about buying gear. Be careful for GAS. It's a real thing. I am already checking out the Boss Katana 50 because it might be handy to have a amp @ the attic and one downstairs.
Nope. Just don't do it.
It has been literally 2 days with this new gear. As soon as you can play some blues (and that does not mean 1 note)... you may give yourself a little present!!

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 365
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2021, 01:46:25 pm »
Nothing like a carrot dangled to drive one's motivation, JustMe  ;D

Offline JustMe123456

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2021, 03:41:56 pm »
For sure David.

Reminder: Don't get distracted by all what can be found on Google, for example "how to play intro Stairway to heaven". Focus on the curriculum. Forget the rest.

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 365
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2021, 05:08:19 pm »
Another smart move...follow the programme.

Offline JustMe123456

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2021, 08:24:55 pm »
Today I played my first full song. I can’t get no satisfaction.
Love it as a Stones fan. And especially love the electric even more now. I was very uncomfortable strumming on the acoustic but lost that completely on the Strat. I love how clear I hear when I don’t play the right strings and it’s just fun to jam along with backing track on a Sonos Beam and the Yamaha THR 10 beside it. It’s just the perfect volume. Need to practice going from E to B7 E in 1 bar but getting there.

Offline JustMe123456

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2021, 11:32:13 am »
Saturday and Sunday I practiced all night.
Also played around with the amp and guitar a bit. There is an App for the THR10 that brings 32 fabric presets which you can also modify on all kinds of levels (bass, mid, high but also tremelo, reverb etc etc) so that really adds to the dimension of the sound of the guitar + amp. The sound quality of this thing is amazing and I am a littttleee bit of a audiophile (3% or so compared to a complete audiophile. So for example: premium sound in my car is a must have).
Felt a bit guilty because I spend the saturday afternoon a bit on playing around with it. The guilt came from "not practicing" but "playing around with the equipment".

Got some pretty good tips on-line about playing around with the amp.
Since all that seems to be aha-moments for me (small and big) will be placed in this roadcase, I do want to add this one.

Also important to know for you, future guitar friend: I love to joke around, have fun and enjoy myself but do never mistake that for me not taking this all very serious :) I am going to see how far I can master this!

First tip was that playing around with the sounds is actually a part of the process of learning to become a guitarist. So it's not time wasted. Especially when I will be able to play more songs and styles this is going to be fun.
I also learned the THR10 might not be the best amp if you want to add pedals. So at some point I will need to buy myself a Fender blues junior (and a tele ;p).

A more practical tip was (specifically on THR10): Pick the neck pick up from the Stratocaster. Volume on guitar down to around 4. Put the amp on "lead". Then crank up the Gain and Master. You actually get a very nice clean sound like that.
If you want to "use" the amp "more", lower the output on the amp, cranck down the gain and master, and open the volume to 10 on the Strat.

Offline JustMe123456

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2021, 02:20:00 pm »
Scales are awesome.

Offline JustMe123456

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2021, 08:18:32 pm »
I planned my first (online) private lesson.

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 197
  • Black country bloke, ijut intollerant 😂
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2021, 08:40:43 pm »
I planned my first (online) private lesson.
I’ve just planned my Telecaster build 😎😎😎

Offline JustMe123456

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2021, 08:44:55 pm »
Haha at some point... I will just post a picture where I bought a Telecaster and will post a picture of it anywhere you post. Might be sooner than later!!

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 197
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2021, 09:12:34 pm »
Haha at some point... I will just post a picture where I bought a Telecaster and will post a picture of it anywhere you post. Might be sooner than later!!
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Offline JustMe123456

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2021, 09:16:35 pm »
The thing is, I do love the Strat. It fits so well in the body. The sound, well... I don’t really know yet. I know the sound is awesome but I am mostly practicing scales etc.
The last couple of days I have been playing +- 2 hours at night lol that’s how much I love it.

But the Tele will come lol

Next week I have booked a private lesson at guitartricks.
Was a little present from the misses.

Offline JustMe123456

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2021, 11:21:19 am »
Aha moment: Go as slow as you can play it clean and don’t move up the speed until you can do it with right technique.

Like they say in the Navy Seals: Slow is smooth, smooth is fast

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 197
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2021, 12:48:56 pm »
Aha moment: Go as slow as you can play it clean and don’t move up the speed until you can do it with right technique.
Like they say in the Navy Seals: Slow is smooth, smooth is fast
You’re definitely on the right track! Also remember that Practice makes perfect (including mistakes) don’t practice mistakes!

Offline JustMe123456

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2021, 01:00:58 pm »
Thanks Darrell

So far I am really enjoying learning scales and how these “fit” into songs. I def make mistakes but another great thing about the setup that I have is that I hear mistakes very clearly. Amp is set on clean and no reverb.

I do need to figure out what songs I want to learn to play. Most songs for beginners really don’t inspire me at all.  I am a blues, rock n roll, hiphop, soul type of guy and never really saw myself playing in a band or anything so I need to wrap my head around what it is that I want to learn to play.

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 197
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2021, 01:09:34 pm »
You should learn to play songs that you don’t particularly like, you will be learning techniques and other things that will help further down the line. Don’t go down the route of only playing what you like, if you do you will lack versatility. If you go down the right route you will basically be able to play anything anyone can throw at you. Believe me it’s the best way to go! If you’ve listened to my recent posts of me playing you will understand what I mean.

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 184
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2021, 01:18:29 pm »
Play everything as Darrell says, especially songs you do not like or would not normally listen to. It is all about that crucial foundation, particularly when it comes to really learning rhythm. I am pretty much a die hard rock, heavy rock when it comes to listening. Britney or Talyor would never appear on any of my play lists but leaning One More Time was a good exercise on solid timing, as was Back To December given it has lots of different sections that all have to be learnt and joined up correctly.

Remember its about learning to play the guitar, NOT learning particular songs. Diversification will make you a better player.

Simples.  8)
Here since Mar 2013 Completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM, MTMS Still on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/   
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2wcjHmnrFuQyom6tqUtdrQ
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?to

Offline JustMe123456

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2021, 01:33:24 pm »
Okay guys, makes sense!!
Britney Spears here I come 😂😂

Edit: After Hey Joe and I can’t get no satisfaction, now “imagine” is up. Lovely barre chord F.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 03:32:52 pm by JustMe123456 »

Offline JustMe123456

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2021, 10:59:43 am »
Some aha moments

- I am young compared to some of the folks here. Which is inspiring. Don't understand why. Perhaps it's because if some person at age 66 starts now, it makes me feel like: man, what can I accomplish with this starting now. I might be 50 and might even rock some stages (with in ear monitoring because I scared to death to get a pieeeppppp in my ear)

- Started practicing with "Imagine". My wife started singing the song. So, must mean on a subconscious level I am hitting the right notes. Going to F barre chord in time is a challenge lol

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 365
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2021, 11:05:35 am »
Been enjoying your updates, the notes to self, insights, etc JustMe.

I can imagine that being younger means the road ahead is longer, more to be on the road, and more places to explore.

Myself, I can imagine how I might be playing if I'd discovered Justin 10 years ago rather than 4. But equally I am happy and also look forward.

Offline JustMe123456

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2021, 11:08:47 am »
Yes, and the older you get the more you appreciate it. Even at 27 I was not so "time concerned". A lot of young kids don't realize how lucky they are about how much time is left to "master" something. And even 16 year old make posts like: Am i too old?

I also think mentality might change.. biting trough it when things get rough instead of "this is not for me".

edit: thank you for the compliment

Get The Forum As A Mobile App