Author Topic: Justme123456  (Read 4848 times)

Offline JustMe123456

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
Re: Justme123456
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2021, 03:47:07 pm »
I am probably not going to record it. For now. Laptop just isn't working with me at the speed needed and I am not going to put my face on the interwebs for privacy reasons. But, About a Girl is a nice one with these powerchord progressions.
“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” ~ Keith Richards

Offline JustMe123456

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2021, 01:39:57 pm »
Some songs I have been learning:
The Rolling Stones - Satisfaction
The Rolling Stones - Little Red Rooster
Jimmy Reed - Bright Lights, big city
T Bone Walker - T Bone Shuffle
Eric Clapton - Sweet Home Alabama

And the latest one: BB King - Thrill is gone.

I love the blues.
“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” ~ Keith Richards

Offline JustMe123456

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2021, 10:00:42 am »

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 365
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2021, 12:28:31 pm »
Fun for now to have a listen, JustMe.

Recording sounds good, guitar tones easy on the ear. Will work for your learning.

And the actually playing sounded good, like you were working on arpeggio playing of the Hotel California chord progression.

Keep on having fun.

Offline JustMe123456

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2021, 12:40:42 pm »
Yep, it was Hotel California. Only going from Bm to F# back th Bm can be a bit tricky.

I found a way to record in Cubase. There was a driver missing. After that, I have been able to create a new bus where I select the Yamaha THR10ii as recording device. I have no idea if the volume is alright. Sounds alright here.

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 365
« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2021, 01:42:21 pm »
I have no idea if the volume is alright. Sounds alright here.

Sounded OK.  I listened with vol in SC at 100% and 20% on the laptop.

Offline JustMe123456

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2021, 01:44:13 pm »
I think my soundcard just cant handle more. And I do need to study how to edit in Cubase, but figuring out how to record and how to save it as a MP3 was already challenging enough.

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 365
« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2021, 01:48:38 pm »
And for recording your playing and sharing, you don't need to do anymore than what you are doing there, JustMe.

Don't sweat the how to record and work in a DAW stuff anymore, just crack on with the playing and recordings to track progress, share for feedback and encouragement purposes.

Offline glpguitar

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 36
« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2021, 04:53:25 pm »
Don't sweat the how to record and work in a DAW stuff anymore, just crack on with the playing and recordings to track progress, share for feedback and encouragement purposes.

Gold. If you get interested in production, you can always learn on the way. Just keep playing! Nice Hotel California recording!

Offline JustMe123456

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #109 on: February 25, 2021, 08:33:55 pm »
Taking words back is never possible but I have changed my mind about learning songs.
I have been doing a combination of technique lessons (following the blues course on GT best described as learning how to play blues) and learning some songs.
So far I had fun doing it but wasn’t really super excited about it until I came across on a song tutorial on GT from The Rolling Stones. For some reason I just really wanted to learn that song but it seemed impossible at first. Lots of palm muting, playing dead strums, on a 126 bpm including some barre chords. Impossible. But I started it days ago and finally I have the main rhythm from the first guitar and now I need to speed it up while staying accurate.
Anyhow, today I also felt like strumming some 12 bar blues on the 6th and 5th string and till my amazement by practicing so much on the strumming of The Stones I got way more accurate and also fast in that 12 bar blues.

After months I finally get to hear what a sick combination the Fender Stratocaster is in combination with the Yamaha THR10ii. Yes i could also get a Tele and perhaps a different amp at some point because Tele is still lurking me in... but the Strat is really an amazing instrument.

Offline RC23

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 24
« Reply #110 on: February 25, 2021, 10:11:14 pm »

After months I finally get to hear what a sick combination the Fender Stratocaster is in combination with the Yamaha THR10ii. Yes i could also get a Tele and perhaps a different amp at some point because Tele is still lurking me in... but the Strat is really an amazing instrument.

Strats are awesome, I’ve been playing my Tele more lately, probably because it’s new. But everytime I go back the Strat I love it.
They really sound quite different and are both amazing instruments.

Sorry, this probably doesn’t help with you resisting GAS!

Rod.
BC (Classic) done, Intermediate Course  - in progress. Theory Course - in progress.

Guitars: Fender American Strat, Fender Japan Telecaster, Epiphone Flamekat, Eastman AC120CE
Amps: Fender Tonemaster DR, Joyo JTA-05

Offline JustMe123456

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #111 on: February 26, 2021, 06:50:14 am »
GAS is unavoidable so we just have to accept that we will keep on buying and the wife will also need to accept it. The feel of the strat is great and I like how you can attack it but also play a more subtle blues riff on it.
But yeah, I am also looking forward to a Tele. Although I can’t imagine the Tele fitting better in the hands and body as the strat. That thing is mega comfortable!

Edit: Just now I was looking at a new guitar cable so I can have laying downstairs.. and looking at my new favorite plectrums. I wanted to order a bunch of them so if I lost the ones I have, I will have some spares. Imagine how deep GAS goes.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 09:00:27 am by JustMe123456 »

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 365
« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2021, 09:00:52 am »
Now I am less engaged by the possibilities of acquiring a tele to go with the strat ... and then an LP style, cause you got to have some humbucker guitars in the portfolio  :o

More interested in the song ... which Stones song ... and look forward to hearing you playing it when you are ready. Work in progress recordings are a great way to track progress and get feedback/encouragement

Offline JustMe123456

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2021, 09:16:25 am »
Hi DavidP.

Yeah, I love the Tele. I still look at the Strat VS Tele from That Pedal Show.. And to me, the Tele ALWAYS wins. I do enjoy the Strat a lot because it's a great first guitar especially if you kill the tremelo (very happy I let that done) but like you say: It does not have a humbucker sound in it. Doesn't mean it can't rock but it doesn't rock like a Tele. And the Tele is just the simpler guitar. With the Strat there are a lot of variables to play around with. With a Yamaha THR10 I have 5 amps in 1 with tweakings I can get from "Eric Clapton - Cocaine" to "Santana - The game called love". And then, on the Strat self there are 5 pick up selectors. In one way, that's awesome.. but it's also a total mindfuck hahaha
For now, what makes the Strat awesome:
- Playing for hours at night with the guitar just fitting the body perfectly
- How it feels on your hands... man, like butter
- Super flexible with whatever I want to play

Edit: Also, when I say, I love the Tele.... I love the sound of the Tele AT players who can play. But I have no idea how the guitar feels in my hands or body. I got very lucky with the Strat because I ordered it without trying it. With the Tele I will not do that so I might end up with something else than a Tele... because it might not feel right.. I know better what to look for now.

It's The Rolling Stones - Get out of my cloud. It has 126 BPM, the strumming is super cool to do because it really attacks the guitar.. The movement with the left hand muting strings while strumming a different strumming pattern per note, to create ghost notes and going back and forth between the neck is a very big challenge... but a very fun one at that. And I have not even looked at guitar 2 because guitar 2 obviously does something entirely different :)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 10:10:52 am by JustMe123456 »

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 365
« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2021, 01:21:27 pm »
It's The Rolling Stones - Get out of my cloud. It has 126 BPM, the strumming is super cool to do because it really attacks the guitar.. The movement with the left hand muting strings while strumming a different strumming pattern per note, to create ghost notes and going back and forth between the neck is a very big challenge... but a very fun one at that. And I have not even looked at guitar 2 because guitar 2 obviously does something entirely different :)

That's a classic Stones tune. Sure you'll have loads of fun learning it and continue to improve technique as you go.

As you say, the second guitar will be something different ... part of the beauty of the Stones, the way in which Keith and (now) Ronnie weave their play together.

Offline JustMe123456

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #115 on: February 26, 2021, 01:24:13 pm »
I am a Stones fan. Grew up with it because my dad was a true Rolling Stones fan. That was part reason why a Telecaster was so high on the list and now playing Get off my cloud makes me wonder how it would sound with a Tele at home. It's really a style of play I also enjoy. So blues / rock. The song is on the edge of "too difficult" but I like it.

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 365
« Reply #116 on: February 26, 2021, 01:36:40 pm »
I became a Stones after watching the concert film "Let's Spend the Night Together". And as I've said before in other posts, their string of albums ... Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Street ... make for an awesome start to finish listen. A lot of other great songs across the catalogue but those 4 albums are tremendous IMHO.

Offline JustMe123456

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2021, 01:43:02 pm »
Yep I grew up with them, also have some very old LPs in the attic, Stones albums, very cool to have. And well, now with Netflix and the on-line world it's way easier to watch them. For example, the Netflix docu of Keith... I am perhaps even more of a Keith fan than a Stones fan. While I don't am particularly fond of his solo stuff often.. A bit too sloppy and just misses the Stones vibe often. Ronnie and Keith need each other. But, man, on a rant here... but if you then hear Keith solo blues stuff, or playing with guys like CLapton ... or if you hear Happy (which is still played with Ronnie) or ... You got the silver.. Wow. 

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 365
« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2021, 02:17:39 pm »
Yup, I am a Keith fan. I've watched that Netflix documentary a few times.

I loved the first solo album but was a little disappointed by the second. Was back in the groove on the third. And in the Winos I think Keith and Waddy play well together but maybe it is not as equal a partnership as Keith and Ronnie.

Love Happy. And Little T&A.

Offline JustMe123456

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2021, 02:21:29 pm »
You've got the silver, live, with Ronnie on Slide. Man o Man.
Or The Rolling Stones & Buddy guy.. that solo he rocks there..
Or Eric Clapton & Keith Richards - Key to the highway..
And yeah.. I have watched that docu a couple of times. His autobiography was cool too.. I have it now on audible and is partly read by himself.

That last song really shows how much he plays on feel... At some point, I believe around 2 minutes, you see Eric Clapton laughing. He was almost starting his solo.. and Keith decides to start verse 2 .. hahaha But later on .. because Eric Clapton is in such a good vibe... he points out the Clapton, keep playing...

It happens at 2:11 .. such a funny moment.

That Gibson is SO sick by the way

Offline JustMe123456

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2021, 02:26:34 pm »
Watching that video again.. I love how he never "seems" to be working hard on it.. Just a "casual just doing this for fun, i dont care" type of vibe.

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 365
« Reply #121 on: February 27, 2021, 08:13:19 am »
Just as I was psyched to watch that clip again, YT decided not to play it for me. Luckily I have that Crossroads show and have watched Keith with EC a few times.

Love the banter before they get into the song ... "give Eric the clap".

You are right, Keith is just into it and immerses totally in the music. Sure in the Stones there is all the gestures and showmanship, but often watching the shows you see him and Ronnie interacting, or he's back to the crowd engaging with Charlie. You see the same on the live DVD I have of the Winos.  It is almost like the audience is an incidental, like you are invited into a private space and get to watch and enjoy the band in their space playing as if they were in a space all on their own just playing for the fun of it, rather than putting on a show for an audience.

So instead of that video, searched out a live You Got the Silver ...

And here's another, from the Stones perhaps at their peak, one of my favourite songs ...

For me at their best they blend their influences into a live performance that is right up with all the finest. And can get why there was that moment when it was said they were the greatest rock 'n roll band in the game ...

Offline JustMe123456

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2021, 11:40:08 am »
You only have to look up on YouTube: Keith Richards Eric Clapton key to the highway. There is only one video that fits that criteria.

That show of You got the silver is crazy good. Keith is what got me interested in playing guitar.

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 365
« Reply #123 on: February 27, 2021, 12:26:51 pm »
Keith is what got me interested in playing guitar.

After watching the film, I decided I needed to learn guitar. Now if only there'd been a Justin around back then and I'd been playing since 1983 ... aw well, got there in the end.

Offline JustMe123456

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
« Reply #124 on: February 27, 2021, 12:40:50 pm »
Perhaps you can still rock some stages at older age? :)

Get The Forum As A Mobile App