Author Topic: The new Beta App has arrived.  (Read 304 times)

Offline GrowlingDog

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 14
The new Beta App has arrived.
« on: January 13, 2021, 05:34:02 pm »
I received some exciting emails today, my initation to start testing the new Justin Guitar Beta App.

Working From Home at the moment due to Covid restrictions had it's benefits so I jumped straight in and downloaded it and have started having a look around.

It looks quite impressive, and is very tidy.   It now lines up with the new version of the course, well I think it does, I haven't got very far through playing with it yet, I will skip through watching all the early lessons as I have not long been through them but plan on doing enough so I can test out all the functionality.

The songs are a massive improvement, the backing tracks sound excellent and are probably the biggest game changer from the previous app, I'm liking the fact the practice routines have been included now too, and the first one I have encountered has been pre populated.

A little confused with the 1 minute changes.   I had to practice 1 minute of A to D, the 1 minute of D to A.

Maybe as i progress beyond the 2 chord phase it may become more logical.

Overall the app seems a massive improvement over the previous version, I will continue to work through to see how I find it.

Offline glpguitar

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 30
Re: The new Beta App has arrived.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 05:46:13 pm »
Thanks for sharing. Keep us posted! I am not a massive app/smartphone/tablet user but am a big tech geek (I know this sounds so contradictory) so I am always interested in reading how beta testers are finding the new apps!

Offline JustMe123456

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 2
  • “Life is a journey, not a destination.” Emerson
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 06:53:17 pm »
Please at google chrome streaming function so I can use it on the television with my Sonos Beamer + ones
Damn... I bought this expensive Yahama Thr10 Mk2 and Fender Player stratocaster and still don't sound like Jimi Hendrix... WTF?!

Offline Ex-Calif

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 13
  • SoCal Transplant to Dayton Ohio
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 07:06:05 pm »
I am a massive fan of the app.  My biggest wish list is to be able to have multiple saved playlists...

Any spoiler alerts?
New old guy getting on the Blues path
Picked up the guitar again Dec 17, 2020
Fender Squire Bullet Strat & Fender Mustang 2
iRig - iPad - MPOW BT Receiver - Pyle Mixer

Offline GrowlingDog

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 14
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 07:17:47 pm »
Please at google chrome streaming function so I can use it on the television with my Sonos Beamer + ones

I haven’t discovered this on my iPad version.

Offline GrowlingDog

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 14
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 07:20:03 pm »
I am a massive fan of the app.  My biggest wish list is to be able to have multiple saved playlists...

Any spoiler alerts?

I haven’t found the ability to set playlists yet, but I never found that in the previous version either.   You can favourite songs but I can’t find playlists.

The biggest thing to me is the backing tracks sound as though they have been played by a real band and have vocals too.   That is really cool as I can’t sing.

Offline Ex-Calif

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 13
  • SoCal Transplant to Dayton Ohio
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 09:05:30 pm »
Yeah - that's what I meant by playlist - the favorite's list...

I have 2 songs I am seriously working on. I have like 20+ songs that are in the list because the chord changes are good for me whether I like the song or not.

I have about 10 songs in the list I want to learn next after the first two songs I like are done.

So 3 lists would be nice...

Right now I use the heart rating system - 1 heart = Eat your peas (chord changes), 2 hearts = songs for the future, 3 hearts - Learn these songs dead out...
New old guy getting on the Blues path
Picked up the guitar again Dec 17, 2020
Fender Squire Bullet Strat & Fender Mustang 2
iRig - iPad - MPOW BT Receiver - Pyle Mixer

Offline JustMe123456

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 2
  • “Life is a journey, not a destination.” Emerson
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 07:26:24 am »
I haven’t discovered this on my iPad version.

That would be a reason for me to get the app or don’t get the app. It’s such an easy functionality to add and it makes life so much easier. Press the stream to tv with chromecast button and I can check his tutorials on television with my Sonos home cinema set.
The alternative for me is to use the app on the phone which would mean i can’t hear what Justin is saying

« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 09:21:07 am by JustMe123456 »
Damn... I bought this expensive Yahama Thr10 Mk2 and Fender Player stratocaster and still don't sound like Jimi Hendrix... WTF?!

Offline rwoodlin

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 5
  • Hands of brick
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2021, 01:01:21 pm »
I downloaded the app to my iPhone and hook it up to my HDTV using an adapter that takes the signal from the lightning port on the phone and ports it to an HDMI channel on the TV.

I totally agree with what GD posted about this latest version.  Already sent some feedback praising the new format for the play along songs.  So far my only suggestion for improvement is to make it easier to change the tempo of the song.  The slide is so small on my phone that it takes a few tries to get it to work.

The original app has a playlist function where you can store links to the songs you wish to play.  I am hopeful that the new app will have a similar feature and all the songs on the original app are included. 
Regards,
Robert

Get The Forum As A Mobile App