Author Topic: Stop Draggin' My Heart Around - Cover of a song by Stevie Nicks & Tom Petty  (Read 5298 times)

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 171
  • Well I am working on it.
    • YouTube offerings
Greetings,

A new year and a new cover. This time around Maggie found a great duet for us to do. Not easy when you consider the register she sings in, is an octave higher than what I do. Enter "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around", by Stevie Nicks and Tom Petty. Petty wrote the song and gave it to Nicks... But both performed it together.

I saw Fleetwood Mac back about 20 plus years ago at the George in Eastern Washington. Great show!

Hope you enjoy this one, credits are at the end of the video. OldHead49 did the Guitars and nice Keys (organ). All good stuff!

Video disclaimer - You will not find it in sync... simply not possible as that live footage was nowhere near matching our cover! So enjoy and realize that going in.

https://youtu.be/QdCCHGDRQrA

Sidenote on Maggie: I flew all the way from the west coast of the US to her town on the East Coast in Australia. It was a great trip and seeing her was the highlight. Ever since then we wanted to do a collaboration together and this is that collaboration! Hope you enjoy it!

Keep rockin as always!
LBro

« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 05:18:07 pm by LBro »
You can rock a bit here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNOrtongjfX4RI33JWKwn7Q/featured

"I just experiment in guitar and music, at times something good comes of it..."
LB

Online DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 402
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
Bravo, lovely to hear another Forum collaboration, LBro.

Take a bow Maggie, Dave, and yourself on fine performances from everybody. You've got the vibe and sound of the original nailed.

Extra points for the video. The fact that you were not exactly sync'ed up with the video didn't trouble me at all. A great idea that worked like a treat.

Thanks for a fine start to my Saturday!!

Edit: who/what was the forth credit, LBro?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 08:40:48 am by DavidP »
Began the adventure Dec 2016 expecting little, achieved more than I dreamed and am a happy advancing beginner

Road Case: https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=41958.0

My Music: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2X_TlNs7agW-U0EBCDdbw

Online DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 212
  • Black country bloke, ijut intollerant 😂
Wowsers! What a great cover, yes I did find the out of sync distracting and Maggie doesn’t quite have Stevies growl but all in all an excellent cover good vibes from me!

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 171
  • Well I am working on it.
    • YouTube offerings
Bravo, lovely to hear another Forum collaboration, LBro.

Take a bow Maggie, Dave, and yourself on fine performances from everybody. You've got the vibe and sound of the original nailed.

Extra points for the video. The fact that you were not exactly sync'ed up with the video didn't trouble me at all. A great idea that worked like a treat.

Thanks for a fine start to my Saturday!!

Edit: who/what was the forth credit, LBro?
Thanks David for the spin and kind words! The 4th credit is simply acknowledging some of the Ultimate Guitar contents was used in our collaboration. Specifically we used some of the midi that the guy created and posted at UG. In this case our bassline was provided by him. Fortunately it seemed that bassline was well done and fairly accurate, thus I felt he deserved credit for what he did. Good catch that he was not a JG member!  ;)

Keep rockin and may the guitar Gods be with you!
LB
You can rock a bit here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNOrtongjfX4RI33JWKwn7Q/featured

"I just experiment in guitar and music, at times something good comes of it..."
LB

Online DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 402
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
Fortunately it seemed that bassline was well done and fairly accurate, thus I felt he deserved credit for what he did. Good catch that he was not a JG member!  ;)

I thought that might be the case, LBro, and good call to credit it.

LoL not much slips by me, I try to pay full attention to posts and am regular enough to notice an odd name  ;D
Began the adventure Dec 2016 expecting little, achieved more than I dreamed and am a happy advancing beginner

Road Case: https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=41958.0

My Music: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2X_TlNs7agW-U0EBCDdbw

Offline sairfingers

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 118
  • 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿“Keep that one, mark it fab”. Paul McCartney.
Outstanding stuff LBro, Maggie and Dave. Maggie and you sang terrifically (that’s your niche right there I think Maggie, English Country Garden was great but that knocks it out of the park) and your different vocal registers worked well together. The guitar playing and keys by yourself and Dave was superb. Your production was, as usual, first class LBro. 

Regards the video. Would I have preferred shots of the 3 of you playing/singing and then spliced together? I’m not sure, the jury’s out for me on that one.

Clearly a lot of hard work has gone into this project and it shows. I’m amazed at what can be achieved by a group of people ‘working from home’.

What’s left to say? What’s next? Bring it on!
Studying Intermediate Course. Pickin’ an’ lickin’….😎
Martin D28 : Gibson SG : Boss Katana 50
Road case : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=48801.0

Offline Bytron08

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 73
Very nicely done you two. Lovely song that i will have to put on my list. I love me some tom petty once in a while to. Makes me wanna go listen to the original version!! Great job!

Offline adi_mrok

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 104
Great performance really enjoyed it, you whole lot look like those chaps from Fleetwood Mac on this video! :):):)

Sent from my SM-G973F using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 190
    • YouTube
Haha! That was fun. You kids are so cool. Nice guitar work there, OH. Very tasty. Always great to hear those angelic vocals and great harmonies. Good overall production. This went down nicely with my morning cup.   

Offline KasperFauerby

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 126
    • Kaspers SoundCloud
Great cover guys and girl ;) Didn't know the original (perhaps from before my time? :) ) but it was a very melodic tune and worked very well with the duet-style vocals. Nice guitar riffs, especially towards the end.

Kasper

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 675
  • Teesside, North East England.
This is pure forum gold.
Three great people reaching across the globe to produce great music.
I love it.
What a treat.
I am back for my umpteenth listen of today.
Totally cool - cooler than a frosty January morning in North-East England.
:) :) :)

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 206
Aaah you folks are so darned nice  :) :)

Biggest thanks and appreciation to LB and Dave, talented men, both with an admirable work ethic. LB the hours upon hours you've spent working on the project have brought it to life. I love your vocal. Dave our Sultan of Swing thankyou for your superb tracks and for the time you've given to the project.

Walcott Custom OM Acoustic , G&L Tribute Fallout Electric, Crafter T035 OM Acoustic, Ashton Bass.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 206
I thought that might be the case, LBro, and good call to credit it.

LoL not much slips by me, I try to pay full attention to posts and am regular enough to notice an odd name  ;D

It was a test to see if you watched right to the end David  ;D
Walcott Custom OM Acoustic , G&L Tribute Fallout Electric, Crafter T035 OM Acoustic, Ashton Bass.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 206
Regards the video. Would I have preferred shots of the 3 of you playing/singing and then spliced together? I’m not sure, the jury’s out for me on that one.

Speaking for myself, snowflakes chance in hell Gordon  ;D  The combination of being camera shy and stage fright would not be pretty at all  :o

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 206
Very nicely done you two. Lovely song that i will have to put on my list. I love me some tom petty once in a while to. Makes me wanna go listen to the original version!! Great job!

I think you'd do this well Bytron. Looking forward to hearing it.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 206
Great performance really enjoyed it, you whole lot look like those chaps from Fleetwood Mac on this video! :):):)

Thanks Adrian. Today is my 72nd birthday, I can't quite see the likeness  ;D ;D ;D

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 206
Haha! That was fun. You kids are so cool. Nice guitar work there, OH. Very tasty. Always great to hear those angelic vocals and great harmonies. Good overall production. This went down nicely with my morning cup.

From a cool kid like you Clint, that's a tasty brew to sip. Thankyou.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 206
Great cover guys and girl ;) Didn't know the original (perhaps from before my time? :) ) but it was a very melodic tune and worked very well with the duet-style vocals. Nice guitar riffs, especially towards the end.

Kasper

Thanks Kasper, yeah I love those riffs too. Haven't seen you around much, I hope all is well with you.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 206
This is pure forum gold.
Three great people reaching across the globe to produce great music.
I love it.
What a treat.
I am back for my umpteenth listen of today.
Totally cool - cooler than a frosty January morning in North-East England.
:) :) :)

Ta very much Mister Close2u.  You got a new song cookin?

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 675
  • Teesside, North East England.
... Today is my 72nd birthday, ...

Happy Birthday Mrs B.
:)

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 206
Happy Birthday Mrs B.
:)

Thankyou Richard  :) 

Offline adi_mrok

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 104
Oh then what a wonderful birthday treat this recording was, all the best Maggie!

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 206
Oh then what a wonderful birthday treat this recording was, all the best Maggie!

Thankyou Adrian. The greetings and company of you and the lovely people here in this forum are melting the isolation. We're not in lockdown in my area, but I'm choosing to stay home and not have any visitors because people who are in hotspots in the cities, which are in lockdown, sneak here to get away from the hotspot they live in.

Online DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 212
  • Black country bloke, ijut intollerant 😂
Today is my 72nd birthday,
Happy birthday Maggie, hope you’re having a good one!
I think that you’re wise keeping away from too many people, having had the virus over Christmas I can speak from experience that you really do not want it, I still can’t taste things as they are and have aches and pains, they can last for as much as 6 months!
Keep safe!

Offline adi_mrok

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 104
You are a treasure of this community Maggie and I think we are all very glad to have you here. I completely understand the urge to isolate even on birthday, hopefully you at least managed to do a little online socializing with your closest ones?
Thankyou Adrian. The greetings and company of you and the lovely people here in this forum are melting the isolation. We're not in lockdown in my area, but I'm choosing to stay home and not have any visitors because people who are in hotspots in the cities, which are in lockdown, sneak here to get away from the hotspot they live in.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App