Author Topic: How to fix acoustic loose cable problem.  (Read 400 times)

Offline Albez

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
How to fix acoustic loose cable problem.
« on: January 05, 2021, 08:48:38 pm »
Hi, I need help with some loose cabling inside my acoustic/electro fender guitar. I can't see any attachments inside so I have no idea where the cable goes. It's making my guitar sound terrible so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Some pics to show what I mean.
https://app.photobucket.com/u/Albez

« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 09:25:29 pm by Albez »

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 178
  • Black country bloke, ijut intollerant 😂
Re: How to fix acoustic loose cable problem.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 09:04:40 pm »
You need to have posted 5 times before you can post external links, there is a thread set up specifically for this!
https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=29431.msg304342#msg304342
Still here, still learning - no longer letting Fibromyalgia get in the way, it sucks but doesn’t have to mean your life stops!

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 178
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 09:19:01 pm »
Does it still work properly but the wires inside are just moving around? I had this happen with one of my electro Ukes, the sticky pads had dried out and come off. I got some new pads and stuck the wiring back into the body cavity as tidy as I could, it worked fine.
Still here, still learning - no longer letting Fibromyalgia get in the way, it sucks but doesn’t have to mean your life stops!

Offline Albez

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 09:21:25 pm »
You need to have posted 5 times before you can post external links, there is a thread set up specifically for this!
https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=29431.msg304342#msg304342
Ah yeah, it's a big forum and im new so I missed that. Thank God that anti spam capture is gone now too.. that was driving me crazy. Some of the pics it's more or less impossible to see what the heck it is. Anyway thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I will edit my first post to show pics .

Offline Albez

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2021, 09:34:43 pm »
Does it still work properly but the wires inside are just moving around? I had this happen with one of my electro Ukes, the sticky pads had dried out and come off. I got some new pads and stuck the wiring back into the body cavity as tidy as I could, it worked fine.
Yeah it works but sounds terrible and the wires are hanging down and rattling. I can't see any old attachments in the guitar and it is only a few months old. I have posted some pics now so you can see what I mean. Where would I buy the attachments and where would I stick them?

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 178
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2021, 09:58:54 pm »
I used the Command or Unibond strips off Amazon, just peeling off the one side. All you need to do is make sure it’s tidy and without any runs of loose wiring.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App