Author Topic: #JustinGuitarHolidays Giveaways & Festive Fun 2020  (Read 5563 times)

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 679
  • Teesside, North East England.
#JustinGuitarHolidays Giveaways & Festive Fun 2020
« on: November 29, 2020, 10:53:08 am »
In addition to the forum only competition, Justin is running a range of competitions across the JustinGuitar website and social media platforms (mainly Instagram & Facebook).

Check details here or below.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 08:50:15 pm by close2u »

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 679
Re: #JustinGuitarHolidays Giveaways & Festive Fun 2020
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 11:01:55 am »

The holiday season is here! #JustinGuitarHolidays

It's time for our annual giveaway -  get ready for some action and awe$ome prizes. :)
Hey, how you doing? Justin here.

I'm a bit late with this, but y'all know: it's been an insane year! I've got lots of exciting new stuff going on – a new songbook, fully rebuilding this website, the app, the studio...

But it's super cool that #JustinGuitarHolidays is finally out, and I think it's pretty fun. We'll get to spend some more time together, and I'll try to give back a bit of the joy y'all always give to me! ;) The giveaway is worldwide – you're welcome to join no matter where you are in the world. I'll do my best to have your prize shipped as early as possible. 2020 has been more like an F-chord than an Em to most people, but I hope to help spread the joy of music around the world. Even if it's just a bit. :)

Guitar Pro, Andertons Music Co., and much more!
So we've gone wild this year, and between November 25th and January 13th, we're running a bunch of cool sweepstakes and competitions. I think there's something for each one of you, no matter your skill level, how much free time you have, or your personality...

I've partnered up with GuitarPro, Andertons, D'Addario, Boss, and other industry friends. We got cool gifts for you, and there are MANY ways you can win! Full Guitar Pro licenses, awesome pedals, ukulele, and exclusive lessons with me are some of the prizes you can try! :) Check this post for a summary, or keep reading to learn more.

Most of the contests are happening on my Instagram and Forum Community. I'll also pop up some stuff on my Facebook – and there's a REAL cool thing coming for the Beginner App as well. Make sure you're following me, and the notifications for my profile are on so you won't miss anything!

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 679
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 11:02:04 am »
Let's make music together!
The #JustinGuitarHolidays will be a cool way to have fun together! I'll have the chance to check a bit closer how some of you are doing on your guitar journey, which is always inspiring. I really enjoy giving private classes!

Anyway, I want you to feel WELCOME to join us. The idea of these 'competitions' is not to judge your skill but to have fun and maybe learn a bit more along the process.

I wish y'all an AWESOME holiday season and good luck with the giveaway!

I hope to inspire you to share your guitar story and love within our cool global community. :)

Cheers, Justin.

Ready to have some fun and win awe$ome prizes?
Let me show you how you'll be able to join and what you can win!

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 679
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 11:02:13 am »

Surprise Draws!

Join GuitarPro and me on Instagram, and stay tuned! From November 25th to January 13th, I'll pop up with fun draws and prizes on surprise dates. Santa is coming early this year - and staying until January! Be ready! Make sure you follow @justinguitar and activate your notifications for my feed posts on Instagram, so you know when the draws are out!

What you'll have to do:
1. Follow @justinguitar AND @guitarpro_official AND @playguitarhits.
2. Like the 'surprise' post when it's out.
3. Answer the question in the comments on the post! There will be no right or wrong, just fun!
4. After 48h, we will draw one person per post. Not hard, eh. Good luck!

For each one of the surprise posts, one person will be randomly picked. The prize for each surprise post will be: a Guitar Pro 7.5 (Full License) + Play Guitar Hits (1-month free access) + mySongBook (1-month free trial).

Full prize description and specific rules will be released with this competition. Check the Rules & General Information.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 12:43:40 pm by close2u »

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 679
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2020, 11:02:21 am »

Xmas Song - Change the lyrics!

I hope you don't turn your notifications off! I've been playing around with some XMAS songs and got an idea. I'll post a video playing a classic holiday song on my Instagram and Facebook, and you'll help me out with an ORIGINAL lyric alternative to it! When? Surprise! Between November 25th and January 13th. Stay tuned. :)

The follower with the best original comment on each social will win a Tone City pedal (Andertons) + Play Guitar Hits (1-month free access) + surprise prize (£80 value).

Full prize description and specific rules will be released with this competition. Check the Rules & General Information.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 12:44:01 pm by close2u »

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 679
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2020, 11:02:31 am »

Ukulele: From Justin to friends

Let's give a Ukulele to your best friend? It's Xmas, and I'm sure you agree that more people should be playing around with music! So I'm giving away 6 ukuleles to your best friend. :)

Join the #JGUkulele contest on my Instagram, spread some fun, and run the chance to give your friend a cool Ukulele. :) This contest starts on November 27th, and you can enter it until December 18th. Reminder: the giveaway is worldwide!

« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 12:44:16 pm by close2u »

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 679
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2020, 11:02:40 am »

How do you… see music?

Covid keeps messing things up around the globe, so y'all probably have some free time. Let's get creative? I'd love to see a visual representation of your favorite song!

I will choose an image that really catches my attention! The winner will get: a Tone City pedal (love from Andertons Music Co.) + Guitar Pro 7.5 (Full License) + free access to mySongBook + 1-month trial of Play Guitar Hits from Arobas Music.

This contest will be released on my Instagram on December 1st. The competition will close on December 29th. Time enough for you to get ready and get that prize!

« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 12:44:32 pm by close2u »

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 679
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2020, 11:02:48 am »

Make a FUN version of a Xmas Classic Song!

Sometimes holiday songs can feel pretty boring. I'm confident that you can make things sound… funnier! I want to watch you playing a FUN VERSION of a Christmas song. You can go crazy! Change the lyrics, use an unexpected instrument… SHOW ME YOUR CREATIVITY.

The funniest video will win: a Tone City pedal (love from Andertons Music Co.) + Guitar Pro 7.5 (Full License) + free access to mySongBook + 1-month trial of Play Guitar Hits from Arobas Music + surprise prize. The official post for this competition will be released on my Instagram on December 13th, and you can enter it until January 6th, 2021. Start practicing it!

« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 12:44:50 pm by close2u »

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 679
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2020, 11:02:56 am »

Music Theory Students

My Music Theory students have been working REALLY hard this year and deserve an exclusive contest. I want to know how your musician skills are going and how my course helped you improve your guitar journey!

3 students will win:  4 x 45-minute Skype lessons with me + a Tone City pedal (Andertons) + Play Guitar Hits (1-month free access.) This contest will be released on December 16th on my Instagram, and you can enter it until January 9th. Enough time to get ready! :)

« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 12:45:05 pm by close2u »

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 679
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2020, 11:03:05 am »

Special contest: Newsletter subscribers!

A special contest will be released in my newsletter! If you're not subscribed to it, click here and join me - especially if you started playing during the Pandemic... #JGPandemicClass

The prize will be an exclusive online workshop with me and a cool t-shirt. The winners will choose the topic! More details in the next newsletter. :)

« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 12:45:18 pm by close2u »

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 679
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2020, 11:03:13 am »
 A very special mention and thank you to all friends and supporters of JustinGuitar.

GuitarPro
Andertons
D'Addario
Boss
Thorpy FX
Huge thanks and appreciation to JG team member Laryne who has worked tirelessly behind the scenes to help organise this spectacular event.

:)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 08:49:43 pm by close2u »

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 679
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2020, 08:50:28 pm »
bump

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 679
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2020, 08:02:05 pm »
These are the going-ons that are happening across Justin's social media platforms folks ...

https://fb.watch/2oPQRDY08-/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI0lBxsDxOT/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 679
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2020, 08:33:30 pm »

Offline willsie01

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 20
  • Campfire Strummer wannabe
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2021, 09:52:41 pm »
I'm not conversant with Instagram and want to enter the competition for PMT registered students. I assume I send a message to justinguitar with the tag #JustinGuitarMusicTheory but I don't see how to attach the video I've created?

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 679
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2021, 11:01:03 pm »
I'm not conversant with Instagram and want to enter the competition for PMT registered students. I assume I send a message to justinguitar with the tag #JustinGuitarMusicTheory but I don't see how to attach the video I've created?

I don't use Instagram myself.
Can anyone help Willsie?
This one is open until 9th Jan.

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 196
    • Point Fifty
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2021, 11:13:32 pm »
I think you can only add video through a mobile device.
You can log in to your instragram from a mac or pc as well but I don't think you can add pics or video that way.

You should :
  • install the instagram app on a mobile device
  • Get your video on that device somehow (as a movie clip in your phone pictures). Ex: dropbox, google drive etc..
  • upload the video through the mobile app on your phone
  • To upload the video, on your Instagram's main page (on your profile), there's a + icon.
    You have to select 'post' and choose the video from your phone'
  • Don't forget to add the hashtag #JustinGuitarMusicTheory in the text part of your post!

my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty
 | My solo act:  website: Devil's Advocate

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 679
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2021, 11:20:20 pm »
willsie01
To add to Lieven's advice ...

From Laryne, who is trh JG team member running Justin's social media and who organised these comps ...
'You have to upload your video on your own feed and, for the caption, use the hashtag #JustinGuitarMusicTheory. To upload the video, on your Instagram's main page (on your profile), there's a + icon. You have to select 'post' and choose the video from your phone'

Offline willsie01

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 20
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2021, 11:54:17 pm »
I think you can only add video through a mobile device.
You can log in to your instragram from a mac or pc as well but I don't think you can add pics or video that way.

You should :
  • install the instagram app on a mobile device
  • Get your video on that device somehow (as a movie clip in your phone pictures). Ex: dropbox, google drive etc..
  • upload the video through the mobile app on your phone
  • To upload the video, on your Instagram's main page (on your profile), there's a + icon.
    You have to select 'post' and choose the video from your phone'
  • Don't forget to add the hashtag #JustinGuitarMusicTheory in the text part of your post!
Thanks! I sat in front of my Mac for about an hour trying to figure out how to do it. I’ll transfer to my mobile tomorrow and try again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline willsie01

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 20
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2021, 11:59:25 pm »
willsie01
To add to Lieven's advice ...

From Laryne, who is trh JG team member running Justin's social media and who organised these comps ...
Thanks to you & Laryne for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 196
    • Point Fifty
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2021, 02:54:26 pm »
ok, let us know if it helped :)
my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty
 | My solo act:  website: Devil's Advocate

Offline willsie01

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 20
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2021, 10:02:08 pm »
Edited:

I've just worked out that I'm able to upload a video to my Instagram account on my laptop as well as a mobile device. Both ways end up with the video being located in an Instagram service called IGTV. A separate app, but accessible in Instagram, developed by them to handle videos longer than 60 seconds, which mine is. Thing is my video entry is there publicly in IGTV but I don't know how I can enter it to competition?

Edited:
Think I can see how to do it. I'll try tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 11:21:24 pm by willsie01 »

Offline willsie01

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 20
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2021, 07:27:28 pm »
All good.
Able to do it all on my laptop.
Easy when you know how!

Offline willsie01

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 20
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2021, 09:13:01 pm »
This is not good!
I thought that sending my video to Justin on Instagram was private but I just got a comment on it from my daughter in law's mother! How embarrassing!  :-[

Offline adi_mrok

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 107
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2021, 10:28:04 pm »
Perks of instagram, that is something that has put me off a bit since I am a bit shy to show myself out to some of my distant friends that are following me. But I am sure it wasn't embarassing, it's just the feeling mate :)

Sent from my SM-G973F using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Get The Forum As A Mobile App