Author Topic: Heaven or Hell - An original song by LBro  (Read 1158 times)

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 144
  • Well I am working on it.
    • YouTube offerings
Heaven or Hell - An original song by LBro
« on: November 20, 2020, 02:07:37 pm »
Hi,
I wrote this song to rock and it has a message as well. I was inspired by the tones on the guitars on this and to me I always play better when it sounds good to my ears.

The video was shot on location in New Zealand, at a sheep farm we visited there. I guess that lamb got a real haircut for sure!

A few folks on Justin Guitar helped by lending an ear and offering advice. They wish to remain anonymous. Thanks for the help!

https://youtu.be/y78octWN2Eo

Hope you enjoy and rock on as always!
LBro
You can rock a bit here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNOrtongjfX4RI33JWKwn7Q/featured

"I just experiment in guitar and music, at times something good comes of it..."
LB

Offline Bytron08

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 61
Re: Heaven or Hell - An original song by LBro
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 02:18:51 pm »
Nice guitar playing and lead work, quite nice!!

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 144
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 02:34:33 pm »
Nice guitar playing and lead work, quite nice!!
Thanks Bytron for the play and nice comments! Might be one of my more rocking originals to this point... At least IMHO.

Rock on,
LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 338
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 02:37:39 pm »
That sure does rock, LBro, great riffs and licks and some awesome tones. May well be the best I've heard from you thus far and what your originals have never been shabby at all.

And the vocal has some proper rocking attitude to go with it. Excellent production all round.

Looks like a tricky business ... sheep-shearing.

Offline pkboo3

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 63
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 03:06:12 pm »
Another well-done production on everything. Cool video!  Bet that was an interesting trip.  Doing great on the vocals too.

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Offline Rossco01

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 105
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2020, 03:50:57 pm »
Nice job LBro. Really nice tones you've got on that track and all so professional. Great vocal too. Always love the videos! Keep on rockin
Epiphone Masterbilt DR500MCE, Yamaha Pacifica 112V, HB Tele, Fender Mustang 1v2, Katana 100, Trio Plus, Boss GT1
Follow me on >> https://soundcloud.com/rossco01
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHlzgAndj0AFFSNE1iGnbQQ

Offline phx1973

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 53
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2020, 04:27:57 pm »
Very nice LBro. Man, that guitar tone was just top notch. Excellent crunch there! I really liked all aspects of the song and production!
Gear: Fender Standard Tele, Gibson Les Paul Junior, Taylor 214CE-DLX, Fender Blues Junior IV, Fender Mustang I amp

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 163
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2020, 07:19:51 pm »
That rocked man, loved the guitar tone and crunch. Good old foot stomper. Great vid and slick production. Keep em coming.

Cheers

Toby
 8)
Arrived here Mar 2013 Since completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM and MTMS Now on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
My Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537.msg339454#msg33945

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 144
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2020, 07:57:55 pm »
That sure does rock, LBro, great riffs and licks and some awesome tones. May well be the best I've heard from you thus far and what your originals have never been shabby at all.

And the vocal has some proper rocking attitude to go with it. Excellent production all round.

Looks like a tricky business ... sheep-shearing.
Thanks DP on the nice comments and your observations!

Just when I thought I wore out the minor pentatonic, this play came about. I really got into the tone on lead guitar and that allowed me to "let lose" if you will. So thanks on confirming my thoughts that it came out fairly good. The signal chain was the Music Man Reflex with pearly gates pups into a ReVV 40 wt amp head into a load box. That was DI into the AI and this time I got the right port. I needed some pedals  so I put that into Reaper and ran the GTR3 pedals along with cabs modules and some of the usual Fx stuff. Seemed to do fairly well in the tone department. Sadly I have a few real pedals but have not done well in knob twisting there. Maybe with this amp head I will invest some more time and see if I can fake a "Kasper".  ;) Speaking of Kasper, he helped my put the chain together and I thank him for that!

Yeah, sheep shearing is not for a novice. Probably end up cutting the poor sheep many times. That guy had a ton of experience and made it look easy. I would have no clue where to even start! The clippers he used are not electric, rather they use a central mechanical belt drive system. The whole deal was a really nice excursion! I highly recommend it to anyone who gets to see New Zealand!

All my rockin best and take good care!
LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 144
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2020, 08:15:22 pm »
Another well-done production on everything. Cool video!  Bet that was an interesting trip.  Doing great on the vocals too.
Hi Pam,
Thanks for stopping by. Thanks on the vox/vid and other mentions. The trip was my one long haul set of flights that was 16 hours in a plane, 1 way! The wife had been trying to get me to do a long haul flight for years and I told her I would try it one time. NEVER AGAIN! :(  LOL, I hated the flights!. But I got to see Maggie and her diggs, pluss we got to spend a day with her too! That was the highlight of the trip! Are your ears burning Maggie? lol

Ok, you take good care and maybe we can do a project together again sometime in the future!
LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 159
  • Black country bloke, ijut intollerant 😂
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2020, 08:40:48 pm »
Nice one LB, great tones going on and meaningful lyrics! That sheep was nowhere near as fidgety as I’ve seen some of them get, that guy must have been a sheep whisperer 😁
Still here, still learning - no longer letting Fibromyalgia get in the way, it sucks but doesn’t have to mean your life stops!

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 173
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2020, 02:25:07 am »
I think this is one of your best LB. Rockin' guitar, sweet tones, a vocal that has attitude and tones as good as your guitars. I think this is some of your most expressive singing. Your usual high standard of snappy drums and clever mixing and production.

A very nice enchilada  :D

Vibes LB.
Walcott Custom OM Acoustic , G&L Tribute Fallout Electric, Crafter T035 OM Acoustic, Ashton Bass.

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 144
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2020, 04:07:52 am »
Nice job LBro. Really nice tones you've got on that track and all so professional. Great vocal too. Always love the videos! Keep on rockin
Hi Rossco,
Well, I rocked till I dropped and this was the result. Glad you stopped in and took it in. Thanks for the nice comments too. My problem is I am running out of footage for videos. I had been saving that one for a good song. So I am glad you liked this and the rest that have been posted over the years.

You keep rocking too - good stuff is coming out of your posts!
LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 144
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2020, 04:12:13 am »
Very nice LBro. Man, that guitar tone was just top notch. Excellent crunch there! I really liked all aspects of the song and production!
Thanks a lot as I appreciate your stopping by to take this one in and the fine comments you have left. Yeah, if I can dial in tones like that on my guitar and signal chain, I will be a happy camper from her on out!  ;)

You take good rockin care and hope to see a new post from you sooner than later!
LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 144
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2020, 04:17:27 am »
That rocked man, loved the guitar tone and crunch. Good old foot stomper. Great vid and slick production. Keep em coming.

Cheers
Toby
 8)
Thanks Toby! I will keep them coming as long as people come to take it in. So far the relationship has gone well.

Your the first to say it was a foot stomper on one of my posts I think. Most times it is a toe tapper. Heck this one was mean to be a hoedown! LOL  ;)

You sure have upped your game there mate, keep up the rockin good times and posts too!
All my best,
LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 338
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2020, 06:45:04 am »
LBro, I'd say that was a real head-bopper and shoulder-shaker. Sat down at my PC this morning, read the comments coming through over-night and decided it would be a smart move to take another listen streaming the audio through my AI and into the ears through my mixing headphones.

Smart move on my part, could hear nuances that were missed listening via the ZST buds. Just love how the different guitar parts meld together to get that head bopping. Also had the backing vocal aaahs coming through which I was missing first time round.

Thanks for the info on the signal chain for the guitars. I know you like to pay it forward, open up the kimono so to speak and share how it's done.  And one of the things I wanted to experiment with was how to produce rockers like this, that I'd heard you produce before.  I did so a year ago and that song is next up for a remix and re-release on YT.

But if you don't mind, maybe you could break that overall guitar sound down and share what the different parts were.  Give folk here, including myself, more insight into that layering and ideas to perhaps try out ourselves, if so inclined.

I know that tube amp is a beast and will contribute to the sound through the loadbox, but even electric straight into a DAW via an AI and then processed through plugs to simulate pedals, amps, and speakers, like Waves GTR3, can allow folk like me the opportunity to play once and then experiment with tones after the fact.  I get that that approach may not be as authentic as playing with the tone live so that you get inspired as you play but a good way to learn, particularly for people like myself who are still novice players.

So if you feel inclined to share a bit more I'd appreciate it, sure others would to, but no pressure as I know it takes some time to lay it all out.

Bravo again on another fine production from West Coast Media!

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 144
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2020, 02:33:11 pm »
Nice one LB, great tones going on and meaningful lyrics! That sheep was nowhere near as fidgety as I’ve seen some of them get, that guy must have been a sheep whisperer 😁
Hi Darrell,
Thanks for stopping by and having a listen. Glad you liked the lyrics as I think you are the first to comment on them. You picked up on the tones too, which I think most are thinking is the strong spot on this one.

The secret to the sheep being so agreeable to the haircut? I hear they feed them Alpo and the sheep go nuts for it. No complaints from them. For desert they have real New Zealand home grown grass. That will get them every time... JK -  ;)

You be well and take good rockin care!
LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Offline Mike Sebastian P

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 15
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2020, 06:57:30 pm »
Hi LBro, the original song is great and yes it is real rock, guitars and vocals sound great! True,
I was constantly very worried about the lamb, but I hope everything is fine with him :)

Mike

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 91
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2020, 09:58:44 pm »
I couldn't help but think of beware of false prophets which come to you in sheep's clothing. Was that what you were thinking with the video, or maybe Jesus is the lamb of God? Or is the sheep being shorn not significant to the lyrics? Does the guitar represent heaven or hell, or is it just a rock song that happens to be religious? These are some of the questions I have after listening. They may be rhetorical. But any piece of art that makes you think, and question, has done a good job.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline Alex6strings

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
  • Without the guitar, life would Bb
    • Instagram
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2020, 10:42:52 pm »

That was a stunt sheep I think.  8)
Nice one LB, cool guitar work and interesting video!   
"Hand me a guitar and I'll play the blues, it's the place i automatically go"  EC

Offline adi_mrok

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 28
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2020, 01:43:39 am »
This sheep doesn't look as comfortable as me listening to this song, well done LBro! I think most have been said and there is not much I can add except the praise :) vibes!

Sent from my SM-G973F using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 144
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2020, 08:10:57 am »
I think this is one of your best LB. Rockin' guitar, sweet tones, a vocal that has attitude and tones as good as your guitars. I think this is some of your most expressive singing. Your usual high standard of snappy drums and clever mixing and production.

A very nice enchilada  :D

Vibes LB.
Hi there Batwoman!
Thanks for sharing a bit on this number. It was a nice enchilada and I had guacamole with it too... Mmm

But all kidding aside, I think your songwriting in what you posted really shines above this one. You did a great job on your offering.

Thanks though on the vox guitars and drums! I will keep working on all the above too.  ;D

Keep rockin as only you do!
LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 144
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2020, 08:14:33 am »
Thanks for the info on the signal chain for the guitars. I know you like to pay it forward, open up the kimono so to speak and share how it's done.  And one of the things I wanted to experiment with was how to produce rockers like this, that I'd heard you produce before.  I did so a year ago and that song is next up for a remix and re-release on YT.

But if you don't mind, maybe you could break that overall guitar sound down and share what the different parts were.  Give folk here, including myself, more insight into that layering and ideas to perhaps try out ourselves, if so inclined.
David,
It will take a bit to look at everything, detail it better, write it up and get back to on this request. In need of a bit of sleep here. So I will be back asap and post what you request!  :)
From one tone junkie to another - Rock on!
LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Offline digger72

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 105
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2020, 10:28:50 am »
Hi Lbro,

Rocks - tick
High production values - tick
Sheep - tick

Reminded me of when I had my long hair cut off after I graduated and finally had to become a member of the workforce. It's never grown back. So depressing.   :)

Digger

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 586
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2020, 11:39:49 am »
Guitar tone = rock song and you made it work out great. Kudos for running with your inspirational moment based on a sound LB. :)

Get The Forum As A Mobile App