Author Topic: This REALLY makes me want to learn how to play guitar  (Read 500 times)

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 130
    • YouTube
This REALLY makes me want to learn how to play guitar
« on: October 23, 2020, 06:14:02 pm »
Sometimes I don't know what the heck I'm doing -- but I'm doing the best that I can with my cigars for fingers. It's going to take a lot more time and effort to get a whiff of this playing level:

Don't get me wrong I'm not discouraged, this totally and completely inspires me, and it's good to know where the bar is set and who is setting it.

I'll be over here learning to play guitar. Hope you're all safe and having fun with music. Carry on good people!

Online sairfingers

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 72
  • 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿The guitar is the coolest instrument in the world
Re: This REALLY makes me want to learn how to play guitar
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 10:56:55 pm »
Hi Clint, how are the peaches in So Cal?

Yes, I think it’s safe to say we’re all having fun with music on the forum. You’ve posted clips of the homeskoolin’ guy before.  He’s a professional session cat and brilliant at what he does. We have to remember this is a community of mostly ‘beginners/improvers’ and although that covers quite a large spectrum of abilities, don’t let’s get discouraged by things that are possibly beyond our (certainly my) reach.😃
BC (classic) completed, now on Intermediate Course, Folk Fingerstyle and Blues modules. Pickin’ an’ lickin’.....😎
Martin D28 : Gibson SG : Boss Katana 50.

Offline rwoodlin

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 5
  • Hands of brick
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 12:23:47 am »
Sometimes I don't know what the heck I'm doing -- but I'm doing the best that I can with my cigars for fingers. It's going to take a lot more time and effort to get a whiff of this playing level:

So, Clint, here I sit in the heart of the Midwest with cigar fingers and a good dose of arthritis to add to the joy.  Someday I will be able to stretch my fingers enough to pull off something like that, or like Jango, I will find an alternative way to accomplish a similar sound.
But, hey, I have only been actively learning for a few months so you will probably get there ahead of me!  :D
Regards,
Robert

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 130
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 01:36:18 pm »
This is just the guitar in one of its purest forms. A progression with plenty of movement in a looper and then chord voicings, variations, and tones, and scale bits played over the top and never really the same thing each time around the progression. Expressive & explorative playing, with melodies -- just the whole enchilada. No need for a hairy legged-drummer, nerdy engineers twiddling knobs, or a tatted diva vocalist with hair for days, and certainly no need to sling the guitar down to your thigh and gyrate around a stage. The guitar is the star vocalist and fills every musical need. I do circle back to Uncle Larry often for these reasons. This is a North star of sorts for me to navigate towards.   

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 165
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 02:15:19 pm »
Thanks for sharing Clint, not seen this guy before but very insightful and as you say inspiring. Guess I need to get my stuff together yet again and start moving forward once more !!

Cheers

Toby
 8)
Arrived here Mar 2013 Since completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM and MTMS Now on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
My Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537.msg339454#msg33945

Offline Twilight Storm

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 6
  • I kinda suck at music, but that doesn't stop me!
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 06:01:54 pm »
Hey CT, I've been subbed to Tom for awhile. I agree he's awesome.

If you haven't been exposed to him yet, I gotta suggest checking out Kirk Fletcher too. (For more of that "whole enchilada" feeling. 😉 At least to me. Dude's amazing imo.)

I don't have sausage fingers (so I got no excuse I guess lmao) but i'm not anywhere close to knowing what I need to know, so I know the feeling. Just plugging along trying to do my best like you. 💖
Just a noob who likes diminished chords and songs that use them.

Electric Guitar - Yamaha Pacifica - 012 DLX. (SSH)

Guitalele - Yamaha GL-1

Offline marcusmarkmus

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 77
  • \,,/ SandmarX \,,/
    • my guitar playing videos! =) check them out!
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2020, 09:35:42 am »
Those are the best moments, when you see a video or hear something and just feel that inspiration and motivation rise!
Interesting video!
Thanks for sharing, gave me a little song-creating motivation right now! :)
My band on Facebook: Sandmarx
on youtube: SandmarxTube

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 130
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2020, 06:10:15 pm »
@TS, good vibes out to you for the Kirk Fletcher recommendation. Right down my alley. :)

Get The Forum As A Mobile App