Author Topic: Put a wammo in my Tommy gun!  (Read 936 times)

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 338
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
Re: Put a wammo in my Tommy gun!
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2020, 06:27:16 am »
I've heard most of his jokes a million times but still laugh at all of them!   He is very much similar to Aussie comedians and I've heard him say he's studied them to be a better performer etc.  He's a showman, and a master of the craft of guitar playing.   God basically.    ;)

Apologies to all for whom this may be offensive, said with tongue-in-cheek ...

Actually TE is greater than God since EC is God and I reckon TE is the better player  ;D

Offline Alex6strings

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
  • Without the guitar, life would Bb
    • Instagram
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2020, 06:28:38 am »

Actually TE is greater than God since EC is God and I reckon TE is the better player  ;D

Even EC says he's the best he's ever seen!
"Hand me a guitar and I'll play the blues, it's the place i automatically go"  EC

Offline Alex6strings

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
  • Without the guitar, life would Bb
    • Instagram
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2020, 06:34:13 am »

The two best guitarist in the world are Tommy Emmanuel.

A Quote below from nashvillearts.com
The accolades thrown at Australian guitarist Tommy Emmanuel might seem a touch exaggerated and hard to believe. That is until you actually watch and hear him play. And then those accolades seem totally insufficient in capturing the enormity of his talent. Eric Clapton and Chet Atkins both said that he is the greatest guitarist they ever saw, and Todd Rundgren stated, “The two best guitarists in the world are Tommy Emmanuel.” And yet all that means very little to the Nashville-based guitarist. He’s way too busy, immersed in his love of music and performing, to stop and check the praise meter. He very modestly says, “It’s just what I do.” He just happens to do it better than anyone else.
"Hand me a guitar and I'll play the blues, it's the place i automatically go"  EC

Offline sairfingers

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 72
  • 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿The guitar is the coolest instrument in the world
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2020, 10:16:11 am »
Can those of us who don't have a Tommy E. selfie/story still hang out with you guys? The best I can come up with is bumping into Tim Pierce at a strip mall here in the Valley. I'm not a selfie dude so you'll have to take my word for it. :)
I saw TE live in concert 2 years ago and am going again (Covid permitting) in March next year. My son went on a 4 day TE workshop in Pitlochry in Scotland 3 years ago. I also have a photo of myself and family outside the Sydney opera house without TE. Please can I join the gang and hang out too?
BC (classic) completed, now on Intermediate Course, Folk Fingerstyle and Blues modules. Pickin’ an’ lickin’.....😎
Martin D28 : Gibson SG : Boss Katana 50.

Offline RC23

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 22
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2020, 11:55:34 am »
I need to catch up, just realised it’s been 30 years since I saw TE live.

Melbourne November 1990, support for EC.
Beginner Course (Classic) done, Intermediate Course  - in progress. Theory Course - in progress.

Guitars: Fender American Standard Strat, Epiphone Flamekat, Eastman AC120CE
Amps: Fender Tonemaster Deluxe Reverb, Joyo JTA-05

Get The Forum As A Mobile App