Author Topic: B2-1406 Developing repertoire  (Read 607 times)

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 627
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 09:39:12 am by close2u »

Offline Hari

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
Re: B2-1406 Developing repertoire
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 03:18:18 pm »
How many songs should i have in my repertoire by the end of Yellow grade?

Sent from my vivo 1901 using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Online adi_mrok

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 63
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 03:55:45 pm »
I don't know if there is any recommended number by Justin but Yellow grade is quite a step up with lots of new techniques and skills to learn.

If you can easily do over 30 changes a minute between F and G chords, if you know well and can do a sus chord without an issue, if you can play a song using only power chords without a major hand pain, if you can play 12 bar blues at least with a root note on 5th fret low E string and if you can learn songs to an acceptable level by anyone who listens to you play (what I mean is when your mistakes still allow to sing along to your play without stopping every second) that's when you're ready.

Honestly there is no rush to stay at the same grade for a longer period of time, you need to be honest and answer to yourself if you feel ready to jump to the next level. If you decide to move on and turns out some stuff are too difficult to learn because you are lacking some fundamentals from earlier grades - take a step back, no shame in that!

If you want to challenge yourself record a song and show us your skill, we might be able to help more with the judgement. ;)

Sent from my SM-G973F using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 159
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 05:37:27 pm »
What chords do you know now and which songs can you play now?

Get The Forum As A Mobile App