Author Topic: calling all buskers  (Read 4052 times)

Offline Alex6strings

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
  • Without the guitar, life would Bb
    • Instagram
Re: calling all buskers
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2020, 11:47:23 pm »
Me too!  I take you both up on that challenge!

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Wednesday it is then!  lol
"Hand me a guitar and I'll play the blues, it's the place i automatically go"  EC

Offline pkboo3

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2020, 08:07:10 pm »
Hey!  Just wanted to tell you, I got out on my porch today. I played snippets of three songs on my Set List. I recorded myself.  Of course, it was a total flop. But interesting to watch back and critique myself. Next time, I will practice before hand, be more prepared and not just a total impromptu event. It was rushed setting things up, it was cold & windy outside, lots of wind noise & dog barking, forgetting lyrics, chords; anyway, still good for practice & trying for improvement in performing. Just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration.

Offline Alex6strings

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
    • Instagram
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2020, 07:16:18 am »
Hey!  Just wanted to tell you, I got out on my porch today. I played snippets of three songs on my Set List. I recorded myself.  Of course, it was a total flop. But interesting to watch back and critique myself. Next time, I will practice before hand, be more prepared and not just a total impromptu event. It was rushed setting things up, it was cold & windy outside, lots of wind noise & dog barking, forgetting lyrics, chords; anyway, still good for practice & trying for improvement in performing. Just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration.

Hey that's awesome, I'm so glad you did this.  Thank you for making my day!
"Hand me a guitar and I'll play the blues, it's the place i automatically go"  EC

Offline phx1973

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 53
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2020, 03:29:34 am »
Hey that's awesome, I'm so glad you did this.  Thank you for making my day!
I played and sang a bit on the back porch this afternoon too. Of course, in the back the chances of getting any random viewers are slim to none. Lol. Baby steps, right? Front porch next week...maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gear: Fender Standard Tele, Gibson Les Paul Junior, Taylor 214CE-DLX, Fender Blues Junior IV, Fender Mustang I amp

Online DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 346
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2020, 07:55:13 am »
Yeah me too ... yesterday afternoon on the bench on the patio (as we call it), with music stand so I can play and sing more than the handful of songs that I know all the lyrics from memory. No idea if the neighbours could hear or not.

Here we all are ... overcoming our performance anxiety one step at a time ... playing on the porch, playing for the camera ... living the dream.

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 604
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2020, 08:11:56 am »
You guys are amazing.
:)
The Porch Performers.

Offline RC23

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 22
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2020, 08:55:38 am »
This is really cool.

I don’t  have a porch but I’ve been known to sit on the balcony, which faces the street, with the acoustic  No singing though!

Beginner Course (Classic) done, Intermediate Course  - in progress. Theory Course - in progress.

Guitars: Fender American Standard Strat, Epiphone Flamekat, Eastman AC120CE
Amps: Fender Tonemaster Deluxe Reverb, Joyo JTA-05

Offline Alex6strings

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
    • Instagram
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2020, 10:39:49 am »
This is so cool, I'm so happy to see you all out there jaming Pam, Tosh, Rod, David.  It's inspiring.  I've had a few little 30 minute balcony strums.. which I have to say I don't think there's any chance of anyone hearing me play apart from maybe my downstairs neighbor.s, who are a lovely elderly couple. I  have no neighbor's on the same floor as me and I'm top floor so i'm pretty lucky there.  I feel quite comfortable out there so far..!   

@Tosh omg we have a band going.   Porch colab? lol   Tosh that's awesome mate, with your playing and voice i'm sure if anyone heard that would be impressed. 

@close2u I know Richard how good are they, definitely inspiring for me to get out there more.    I'm definitely going to have to sort out camera issues (my friend has a good camera i might use)  and do a video from my balcony soon. 
@DavidP hey brother your patio jam sounds cool..   I bet you got a buzz out of it!  so great.. 8)
every gets a vibeing.

Offline phx1973

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 53
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2020, 10:17:15 pm »

@Tosh omg we have a band going.   Porch colab? lol   Tosh that's awesome mate, with your playing and voice i'm sure if anyone heard that would be impressed. 

Porch collab. Let’s do it! I’m in!

Gear: Fender Standard Tele, Gibson Les Paul Junior, Taylor 214CE-DLX, Fender Blues Junior IV, Fender Mustang I amp

Offline Alex6strings

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
    • Instagram
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2020, 11:58:25 pm »
Inspired by all the recent porch and patio jammers in this thread I decided, on such a beautiful spring morning... to rock the balcony/deck.   Couple of pics to prove it, or it never happened!  lol

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 175
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2020, 01:15:41 am »
Love your progression Alex the Brave. I love the top photo, you and your guitar are so blended. You could make copies of this one for your fans who gather to hear you.

I've been so encouraged by your porch/deck/veranda/balcony jammers I took myself to the beach this morning and played a bit. One woman said 'beautiful' as she walked by and I held the attention of a 5yo for about 5 minutes. My legs shook uncontrollably so I had to cross them, and my mouth turned to paper. Some of our borders are open and restrictions are easing, so I'm aiming for my second Open Mic end of October. This was to help me get over myself.

Alex I hope it's OK to post here in this thread.  Delete it if it's wrong.
Walcott Custom OM Acoustic , G&L Tribute Fallout Electric, Crafter T035 OM Acoustic, Ashton Bass.

Offline Alex6strings

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
    • Instagram
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2020, 02:04:56 am »
Love your progression Alex the Brave. I love the top photo, you and your guitar are so blended. You could make copies of this one for your fans who gather to hear you.

I've been so encouraged by your porch/deck/veranda/balcony jammers I took myself to the beach this morning and played a bit. One woman said 'beautiful' as she walked by and I held the attention of a 5yo for about 5 minutes. My legs shook uncontrollably so I had to cross them, and my mouth turned to paper. Some of our borders are open and restrictions are easing, so I'm aiming for my second Open Mic end of October. This was to help me get over myself.

Alex I hope it's OK to post here in this thread.  Delete it if it's wrong.

This is awesome to post here Maggie!  and what a great pic... so good to see you again!  I love it.   It makes me feel better that i'm not the only one who shakes with nerves!  ;)  Hmm i'd love to make it up for that open mic!   
Your beach jam kinda puts my secluded balcony jam to shame but I'm inspired to maybe do the same soon.    Considering i can walk and carry my guitar 100m and i'm on the beach it's hard to make excuses why that wouldn't be a good idea.    Thanks so much for sharing this Maggie!

Offline TonyP

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 9
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2020, 02:18:08 am »
Inspired by all the recent porch and patio jammers in this thread I decided, on such a beautiful spring morning... to rock the balcony/deck.

Looks the perfect day to play outside. Summer's over in the UK...very dismal outside.

Am feeling rather envious!! :)
Guitar: Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Amp: Blackstar ID:Core 10 V2
Piano: Roland EPVII 6 Octave Digital

Offline TonyP

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 9
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2020, 02:21:27 am »
I took myself to the beach this morning and played a bit.

So great to see your smiley face Maggie. :)

I've always thought a lovely day at the beach is to find one that's quiet & read a book under a shady tree, listening to that ever peaceful, relaxing sound of the waves rolling in...nothing like it.

Now, I can imagine doing that with a guitar instead of, or as well as, a book. Absolutely cool. :)

Guitar: Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Amp: Blackstar ID:Core 10 V2
Piano: Roland EPVII 6 Octave Digital

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 175
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2020, 02:23:37 am »
This is awesome to post here Maggie!  and what a great pic... so good to see you again!  I love it.   It makes me feel better that i'm not the only one who shakes with nerves!  ;)  Hmm i'd love to make it up for that open mic!   
Your beach jam kinda puts my secluded balcony jam to shame but I'm inspired to maybe do the same soon.    Considering i can walk and carry my guitar 100m and i'm on the beach it's hard to make excuses why that wouldn't be a good idea.    Thanks so much for sharing this Maggie!

Your balcony gig? No shame at all Alex. Beach? OK Alex that's your next photo. Lucky people.

Next OM is October 25. It's an ideal environment for a first time. They want you to succeed. Many of our club members who are now semi pro made their start here.
Walcott Custom OM Acoustic , G&L Tribute Fallout Electric, Crafter T035 OM Acoustic, Ashton Bass.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 175
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2020, 02:25:38 am »
So great to see your smiley face Maggie. :)

I've always thought a lovely day at the beach is to find one that's quiet & read a book under a shady tree, listening to that ever peaceful, relaxing sound of the waves rolling in...nothing like it.

Now, I can imagine doing that with a guitar instead of, or as well as, a book. Absolutely cool. :)

Thanks Tony, I'm so very fortunate to live where I do.

Offline phx1973

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 53
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2020, 03:06:16 am »
I feel like this porch/ patio movement is taking on a life of its own . Good job Maggie and way to get beach kudos! Great see Cedar again!

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 175
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2020, 03:58:20 am »
I feel like this porch/ patio movement is taking on a life of its own . Good job Maggie and way to get beach kudos! Great see Cedar again!

Yeah I've been encouraged by you guys Tosh. What a memory you have. The guitar isn't my Cedar Clear Sky Ocean Deep, it's my first guitar a Crafter. Cedar is with Doc Pete the luthier having her annual health check. His face lit up when he played her and his comment was 'There's lots more tone and life here.'

Offline Alex6strings

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
    • Instagram
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2020, 04:08:17 am »
Looks the perfect day to play outside. Summer's over in the UK...very dismal outside.

Am feeling rather envious!! :)

Hmm the long winter approaches huh?  It's so beautiful here at the moment! 

Offline Alex6strings

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
    • Instagram
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2020, 04:09:50 am »

Isnt it!   And that of guitar of Maggies.. wow!

Online DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 346
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2020, 06:32:34 am »
Bravo Maggie, tip that hat to you for getting out there. Thanks for sharing your picture.

And you too, Alex, for sharing those pictures.

It's all happening ...

Offline sairfingers

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 85
  • 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿The guitar is the coolest instrument in the world
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2020, 09:00:56 am »
Encouraged and inspired by your outdoor pics I decided to have my morning coffee out on the patio. Not a breath of wind, clear blue sky...but at 9am in South West Scotland...1degC! Won’t be taking my guitar outside anytime soon!
Studying Intermediate Course, Folk Fingerstyle and Blues modules.
Pickin’ an’ lickin’.....😎.
Martin D28 : Gibson SG : Boss Katana 50.

Offline Alex6strings

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
    • Instagram
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2020, 09:32:10 am »
Encouraged and inspired by your outdoor pics I decided to have my morning coffee out on the patio. Not a breath of wind, clear blue sky...but at 9am in South West Scotland...1degC! Won’t be taking my guitar outside anytime soon!

Good plan Gordon! I think it's best when you can actually feel your fingers to play guitar... 8)

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 604
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2020, 09:34:33 am »
Great pics Alex and Maggie. Taking it to the sun and sky!

@Alex
I notice bare feet.
You need to get yourself to a shoe shop man! ;)

Offline Alex6strings

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
    • Instagram
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2020, 09:48:55 am »
Great pics Alex and Maggie. Taking it to the sun and sky!

@Alex
I notice bare feet.
You need to get yourself to a shoe shop man! ;)

🤣  Shoes were a bit smelly..🤣

Get The Forum As A Mobile App