Author Topic: Fender Mustang III V2 vs Boss Nextone  (Read 1312 times)

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 134
  • Black country bloke, ijut intollerant 😂
Re: Fender Mustang III V2 vs Boss Nextone
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2020, 07:35:46 pm »
That’s interesting, I didn’t know about the blonde ones. I wonder how much difference the Celestine Speaker makes, though I’m perfectly happy with the Jensen in mine.
If it’s a  Celestion greenback it’s going to be a good amp for rock, the Jensens are usually more balanced and so a bit more versatile; I had a Jensen 12” alnico in my Laney LC15R, it was great for clean tones and blues/rock, they are amazing for the price!
Still here, still learning - no longer letting Fibromyalgia get in the way, it sucks but doesn’t have to mean your life stops!

Offline J.W.C.

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 61
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2020, 06:23:33 am »
Andertons did a video where they play both the black and blonde Tone Master Deluxe Reverbs. Not a substitute for trying them, yourself, but might give you some idea of the differences.

Offline RC23

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 8
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2020, 06:51:06 am »
Andertons did a video where they play both the black and blonde Tone Master Deluxe Reverbs. Not a substitute for trying them, yourself, but might give you some idea of the differences.

Yeah, just found that, interesting. Also found there are some firmware updates available as well for the black one which I may have to try out.
Beginner Course (Classic) done, Intermediate Course  - in progress. Theory Course - in progress.

Guitars: Fender American Standard Strat, Epiphone Flamekat, Eastman AC120CE
Amps: Fender Tonemaster Deluxe Reverb, Joyo JTA-05

Offline briankelleher

• Good Vibes 0
    • Killer Guitar Rigs
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2020, 08:24:20 pm »
I own a Fender Mustang III v2 Amp and mainly use it at home. I know, it's way to powerfull for home playing but with the right settings it sounds great on low volumes. Anyway, much better then the Mustang I V2 which I also own.

Slightly off topic, but how would you compare the III with the I V2? I know you said better, but what are the improvements - guessing the speaker for a start?

Offline Nick_66

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2020, 06:46:38 pm »
Slightly off topic, but how would you compare the III with the I V2? I know you said better, but what are the improvements - guessing the speaker for a start?

Hi,

Sorry for my late reply! The III sounds way better then the I. More open and more punch. The I is for a practicing amp a nice little amp but sometimes it sounds a bit boxy. Can be dealt with by dailing in the EQ. Clean sounds aren't bad at all on the Mustang I.

Big advantage of the III is that it has a FX loop. I have a Boss RC3 looper pedal and then the FX loop in the Mustang III is very handy!

All the settings on the Mustang III can be done on the amp. Only the signal chain can't be changed on the amp. Therefore you will need Fender Fuse or the Android Remuda app. On the Mustang I you will need Fender Fuse or the Android Remuda amp to tweak those presets on the amp. Ofcourse you can import other presets as well.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App