Author Topic: Jeśli ktoś potrzebuje pomocy...  (Read 1251 times)

Offline adi_mrok

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 28
Jeśli ktoś potrzebuje pomocy...
« on: August 22, 2020, 02:30:14 am »
Hej jeśli ktoś potrzebowałby jakiejś pomocy z tłumaczeniem lub zrozumieniem czegokolwiek z którejkolwiek z lekcji Justina wyślijcie mi wiadomość lub napiszcie pod postem, w którym się udzielam - służę pomocą :)

// To my English speaking friends - I am just offering to any Polish users using Justin's website some help with translation in case they are stuck on something :)

Sent from my SM-G973F using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 338
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
Re: Jeśli ktoś potrzebuje pomocy...
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 10:17:46 am »
Hej jeśli ktoś potrzebowałby jakiejś pomocy z tłumaczeniem lub zrozumieniem czegokolwiek z którejkolwiek z lekcji Justina wyślijcie mi wiadomość lub napiszcie pod postem, w którym się udzielam - służę pomocą :)

// To my English speaking friends - I am just offering to any Polish users using Justin's website some help with translation in case they are stuck on something :)

Good vibes for such Community spirit, Adi  8)

Offline Alex6strings

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
  • Without the guitar, life would Bb
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 01:30:04 pm »
I use polish but generally not on my guitars.
Oh Polish I got it sorry I've had a lot of head injuries.  This English is a bit lazy as far as languages go.  It's like the guys that invented English were seriously just like yep yep ok whatever polish, Polish, it'll be alright.   Every day at knock off time they just chucked whatever letters and words were left over into a mistory box random word and meaning generator and just went to the pub. 

Sent from my CPH1920 using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

"Hand me a guitar and I'll play the blues, it's the place i automatically go"  EC

Offline adi_mrok

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 28
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 01:47:09 pm »
Haha nice one Alex, I have a memory with the other meaning of word polish - one of the daily newspapers back in Poland in my younger days was publishing some  CDs with English courses and the catchphrase during commercials was something like "Buy a paper tomorrow morning and make sure to polish you English".

I think it was back when I was in my primary school and the amount of confusion it caused in my head was enormous. How on Earth can you make your English more Polish? Fortunately we had a good teacher who explained it and suddenly life became clearer :D

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 338
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2020, 02:37:58 pm »
Oh yeah, English is a most insane language. I sometimes lie in bed dream up lines for a funny speech aimed at helping native English speakers have sympathy for those learning the language.

Consider the phonetics that come into play when starting to count ... one has two spellings and meanings, two has three which must be far too confusing for (not four mind you) those getting to grips with it, and luckily three is just three, only one word there ...

Online GregB

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 11
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2020, 03:04:38 pm »
Haha nice one Alex, I have a memory with the other meaning of word polish - one of the daily newspapers back in Poland in my younger days was publishing some  CDs with English courses and the catchphrase during commercials was something like "Buy a paper tomorrow morning and make sure to polish you English".

I think it was back when I was in my primary school and the amount of confusion it caused in my head was enormous. How on Earth can you make your English more Polish? Fortunately we had a good teacher who explained it and suddenly life became clearer :D

Most things become clearer when you Polish them 😂
Fender CD60, Yamaha 112V, PRS Angelus SE A50E. Katana Air.

Offline adi_mrok

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 28
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2020, 03:05:50 pm »
Oh yes David absolutely agree English can be tricky but I think every language has some peculiar and funny ways to trick one's mind even if it's a native speaker. Nevertheless pretty happy that I have learnt language as a young chap which helped me a lot in my life from big things like communication after I moved to the UK to small things like being able to understand what Justin is trying to explain during his lessons (I am even able to pick up some British jokes once in a while!)

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 173
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2020, 11:35:56 pm »
I use polish but generally not on my guitars.

Oh Polish I got it sorry I've had a lot of head injuries.  This English is a bit lazy as far as languages go.  It's like the guys that invented English were seriously just like yep yep ok whatever polish, Polish, it'll be alright.   Every day at knock off time they just chucked whatever letters and words were left over into a mistory box random word and meaning generator and just went to the pub. 

I'm laughing so loud I've set my neighbours dog off arooooooooo. Speaking of head injuries, how are the 20 stitches healing?
Walcott Custom OM Acoustic , G&L Tribute Fallout Electric, Crafter T035 OM Acoustic, Ashton Bass.

Offline TonyP

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 9
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2020, 11:40:33 pm »

This English is a bit lazy as far as languages go.  It's like the guys that invented English were seriously just like yep yep ok whatever polish, Polish, it'll be alright.   Every day at knock off time they just chucked whatever letters and words were left over into a mistory box random word and meaning generator and just went to the pub. 

Yep, we Poms have made an art of it...that's how we used to put our cars together!!!  :D
Guitar: Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Amp: Blackstar ID:Core 10 V2
Piano: Roland EPVII 6 Octave Digital

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 338
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2020, 08:27:03 am »
Still chuckling as I follow along here.

What always gets me is the rules that govern pronunciation ... rules  ::) ... maybe that is the origin of the expression "rules are meant to be broken" or "rules ... what rules ... there are no rules" ... we just made it up as we went along in order to confuse the rest of the world  :o

Offline paveu

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2020, 09:59:35 pm »
I'm Polish, I started learning with Justin along the way back in 2010 but left it for much too long. It's nice to have someone who speaks same language ;), cheers.

Offline adi_mrok

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 28
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2020, 10:30:56 pm »
Pozdrawiam kolegę rodaka :)

Get The Forum As A Mobile App