Author Topic: Wonderful Woman Award - to honour the spirit of batwoman  (Read 3368 times)

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 188
Re: Wonderful Woman Award - to honour the spirit of batwoman
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2020, 04:37:22 am »
Congratulations Maggie. This is well deserved.
The forum community and the Flying Foxes wouldn't be the same with out you.

Thankyou stitch, you're a solid presence here and I appreciate that and you so very much. I grieve over the state of our flying foxes, there is so much need. Wild life care for me feels a bit like the starfish story.
Walcott Custom OM Acoustic , G&L Tribute Fallout Electric, Crafter T035 OM Acoustic, Ashton Bass.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 188
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2020, 04:38:55 am »
Maggie,
Congratulations! Fantastic on you winning this very well deserved accolade. You've been a friend to me since my very first post & no words seem adequate enough to say how pleased I am for you. CT said it perfectly, & so succinctly in how great & genuine a person you are. It comes through with every post you write, your kindness & encouragement you give to others.

Really superb.

Thank you for being you. And on this occasion I'll be bold & give you a  :-*

Cheers

Tony. :)

Tony you're so generous. There are many here in this forum, mods included who are as you describe me.
Walcott Custom OM Acoustic , G&L Tribute Fallout Electric, Crafter T035 OM Acoustic, Ashton Bass.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 188
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2020, 04:41:07 am »
Wow!!! it’s about time, no kidding if anyone deserved this sort of acknowledgement you do! Been through thick and thin, been there for anyone who needed encouragement and you were there for me personally when I was in need. I can’t begin to thank you enough for what you have done in terms of support for others never mind your contributions to the wonderful music that’s been presented to us all! You’re an absolute gem!!! long may it continue, the longer the better!

Darrell I find myself wondering who you're talking about as I read this, but as I said earlier, I'm not going to devalue your comment, instead I'm going to say a heart-felt thankyou. I do hope you are moving steadily towards Wellness and more recordings from you.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 188
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2020, 04:43:19 am »
Well ain’t that the truth, a Wonderful Woman award! Maggie you are always encouraging and thoughtful and motivating and helpful and - and there’s far too little of this in the world - kind. You are truly inspiring, and you brighten up the world. I’m very happy to see you recognized here 😃

Mari

Your comment makes me happy Mari, especially the 'kind' bit. It's been my lifelong goal to live this, so I'm pleased to know I'm succeeding. Thank YOU for your kindness.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 188
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2020, 04:44:58 am »
Was just thinking of the time difference between UK/EU/US and AUS.
I think it is going to be a really GOOD morning, when Maggie wakes up.
Smiles all round when you put your first brew on girl  ;)
Just can't work out if it'll be Saturday on Sunday ?

GOOD MORNING MRS B ala

Cheers me dear  8)

Belly laughs Toby, this is a treat. It sure does make it a good day. Thankyou  :)

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 188
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2020, 04:46:29 am »
Was just a matter of time! Loads of positivity from you in all the posts over the years. Congratulations!

Thankyou glp. I'm glad to know that my comments have been  positive, that, along with kindness are important to me.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 188
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2020, 04:48:36 am »
Yay! I was hoping you'd get this. You're always generous, encouraging, kind to everyone, witty and passionate. Your posts are so thoughtful and well written. You're a great friend, Maggie. On stage, you command attention, playing a mean bass, or singing sweetly. I strive to be like you, my dear. You're the bee's knees.

Gosh Lynn, coming from someone of your calibre, both as a human and a musician, this warms my heart and makes me do a happy dance. Thankyou dear heart.

Offline RC23

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 24
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2020, 06:52:09 am »
Mega congratulations on this.

I haven’t been here that long but it’s obvious how well deserved this is.

Congratulations again.
BC (Classic) done, Intermediate Course  - in progress. Theory Course - in progress.

Guitars: Fender American Strat, Fender Japan Telecaster, Epiphone Flamekat, Eastman AC120CE
Amps: Fender Tonemaster DR, Joyo JTA-05

Offline Alex6strings

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
  • Without the guitar, life would Bb
    • Instagram
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2020, 09:40:53 am »
So does this mean I'm a legend in my own lifetime Alex?  Your comment about being able to play the guitar, coming from a man as talented from you whooooooo. I'm glad you're here too.

Yeah you can play Maggs, and you can sing, and you can fill in on other instruments, on stage!  You're a musician, I'd have you in my band.   I don't see what i do as talented at all. It's really just repetition and plenty of it.  Sing me a song while playing acoustic that slices through me and leaves me feeling something different than i did before.   Thats talent.   
FWIW you're a legend in your own lunchbox, and every elses!
"Hand me a guitar and I'll play the blues, it's the place i automatically go"  EC

Offline OpsRes

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 5
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2020, 12:12:32 pm »
Congratulations Maggie! it is so right that you have now officially joined the pantheon of our community. I always look forward to you contributions.

Glen

Offline sairfingers

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 93
  • 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿“Keep that one, mark it fab”. Paul McCartney.
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2020, 05:15:43 pm »
Congrats Maggie. Always helpful, supportive and encouraging and an example to all of us of a certain age (hope you don’t mind me saying that 😉) that you can learn new skills at any stage in life.
Studying Intermediate Course, Folk Fingerstyle and Blues modules.
Pickin’ an’ lickin’.....😎.
Martin D28 : Gibson SG : Boss Katana 50.

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 195
  • Black country bloke, ijut intollerant 😂
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2020, 05:25:49 pm »
Darrell I find myself wondering who you're talking about as I read this, but as I said earlier, I'm not going to devalue your comment, instead I'm going to say a heart-felt thankyou. I do hope you are moving steadily towards Wellness and more recordings from you.
Maggie I’ve turned the whole thing around! No more nasty big Pharma meds to poison my body with, withdrawal more or less gone now, living a new life now! Still in pain but more of the real me present not the doped up zombie that I was! Plenty of good food and exercise plus using my now many hobbies as a distraction from the pains. Working on somethin to post again but progress is slow, been doing a bit of painting and photography though - it’s very theraputic!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I9qWrJAvMbK7uk4LJF95JqH9lm7IqTz9/view?usp=drivesdk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11xRdq8sr4VVeuesoMe0MjldM6HLQ_uvh/view?usp=drivesdk
Still here, still learning - no longer letting Fibromyalgia get in the way, it sucks but doesn’t have to mean your life stops!

Offline TonyP

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 9
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2020, 05:43:39 pm »
Love the painting Darrell. You're a very creative person. Good stuff.
I love photography as well, just never do enough of it.

Cheers

Tony. :)
Guitar: Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Amp: Blackstar ID:Core 10 V2
Piano: Roland EPVII 6 Octave Digital

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 365
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2020, 05:48:50 pm »
Maggie I’ve turned the whole thing around! No more nasty big Pharma meds to poison my body with, withdrawal more or less gone now, living a new life now! Still in pain but more of the real me present not the doped up zombie that I was! Plenty of good food and exercise plus using my now many hobbies as a distraction from the pains. Working on somethin to post again but progress is slow, been doing a bit of painting and photography though - it’s very theraputic!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I9qWrJAvMbK7uk4LJF95JqH9lm7IqTz9/view?usp=drivesdk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11xRdq8sr4VVeuesoMe0MjldM6HLQ_uvh/view?usp=drivesdk

Good to hear you are doing well, Darrell. Another who is a guitarist and a painter ... loved that painting and a stunning photograph.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 188
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2020, 11:41:59 pm »
Sing me a song while playing acoustic that slices through me and leaves me feeling something different than i did before.   That's talent.   

What a powerful line Alex, you've summed it up.

You my friend do all this. I'm still seeing and hearing Tahitian Skies as I type this. Powerful and enduring.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 188
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2020, 11:45:51 pm »
Congratulations Maggie! it is so right that you have now officially joined the pantheon of our community. I always look forward to you contributions.

Glen

Glen what a generous comment, thankyou for that. Thanks too for reminding me of a word I'd forgotten  ... pantheon ... what a grand word.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 188
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2020, 11:55:36 pm »
Congrats Maggie. Always helpful, supportive and encouraging and an example to all of us of a certain age (hope you don’t mind me saying that 😉) that you can learn new skills at any stage in life.

Thankyou Gordon, being old doesn't mean we have to stop living, learning or loving. I started learning with Justin after I retired because I wanted something to help keep my brain shiny. I had no idea of the possibilities that lay ahead. I thought I'd strum a few chords and sing a bit. Being a student of music has been transformative in every possible way. I've confronted fears that have dogged me my entire life, I've made wonderful friends in this community, I've found a means of expression that brings me deep satisfaction and joy. It's challenged, nurtured and grown me. It's a grand way of living the last chapter of my life.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 188
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2020, 12:03:55 am »
Maggie I’ve turned the whole thing around! No more nasty big Pharma meds to poison my body with, withdrawal more or less gone now, living a new life now! Still in pain but more of the real me present not the doped up zombie that I was! Plenty of good food and exercise plus using my now many hobbies as a distraction from the pains. Working on something to post again but progress is slow, been doing a bit of painting and photography though - it’s very theraputic!

Darrell I'm so excited and happy to know you are living a new life. Clearly you are a man of talent and creativity. The photo is remarkable and your painting tells the story of where you are right now in your life - sharper focus, a wide tonal range, serenity. Top marks for the 3 point perspective so well done. Clearly your background as an engineer (have I got that right) pays off in getting this right. You've also got an excellent grasp of colour theory and mixing. I'm impressed. In what medium do you work?

Wonderful, simply wonderful.

Offline kontenda

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 29
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2020, 03:07:14 pm »
Delighted for you Batwoman. Enjoy your well deserved lesson.

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 195
  • Black country bloke, ijut intollerant 😂
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2020, 05:02:21 pm »
Darrell I'm so excited and happy to know you are living a new life. Clearly you are a man of talent and creativity. The photo is remarkable and your painting tells the story of where you are right now in your life - sharper focus, a wide tonal range, serenity. Top marks for the 3 point perspective so well done. Clearly your background as an engineer (have I got that right) pays off in getting this right. You've also got an excellent grasp of colour theory and mixing. I'm impressed. In what medium do you work?
Wonderful, simply wonderful.
At the moment I’m having a go with different media, that one was acrylics I cheated a bit 😂 it was basically a copy of a Painting by numbers picture that I had done on my iPad  - at the moment I’m finding it hard to blend between colours. I feel like it looks too much like Painting by numbers. I’ve also been playing about with inks and crayons in the style of Johanna Basford, I love the detail of her work and the structure! I’m looking at another approach to painting with acrylics avoiding the temptation to copy painting by numbers, there’s some very good tutorials on YouTube.
I’m starting to look at some finger style exercises with the view to learning a bit more of Stairway to heaven, hoping to post something in the next couple of weeks! Hey ho, it’s all go; but at last I’m enjoying it again!
Oh and yes, my job was as a R&D engineer for about 40 years, I’ve actually just finished a little project for my wife to help humidify the lounge, I made a little water feature!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VzE7UqDmZr9U8JfEY5eX6AYUuSaXvFoM/view?usp=drivesdk
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 05:18:10 pm by DarrellW »
Still here, still learning - no longer letting Fibromyalgia get in the way, it sucks but doesn’t have to mean your life stops!

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 627
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2020, 05:04:25 pm »
@Darrell, I'm so pleased at the positives in your health and wellbeing ... maybe an 'art thread' of your own is called for now you talented so and so. :)

Offline brianlarsen

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 111
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2020, 05:10:57 pm »
Hey Maggie, I haven't been around much lately, but what a lovely post to come back to-
Well deserved, you!
Always bright and positive with helpful suggestions and encouragement.
Couldn't think of a more appropriate person for this at the moment.
Enjoy! :)

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 188
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2020, 02:32:08 am »
Hey Maggie, I haven't been around much lately, but what a lovely post to come back to-
Well deserved, you!
Always bright and positive with helpful suggestions and encouragement.
Couldn't think of a more appropriate person for this at the moment.
Enjoy! :)

Thankyou Brian for taking the time to celebrate. I know you have limited time now with your mother and daughter moving in. I do hope things are going smoothly and you're getting time to play some guitar. I have no doubt there'll be an original brewing there in your brain too.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 188
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2020, 02:33:25 am »
Delighted for you Batwoman. Enjoy your well deserved lesson.

Thankyou kontenda. I'm still thinking about how I want to spend the lesson, so many things to consider.

Offline phx1973

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 60
Wonderful Woman Award - to honour the spirit of batwoman
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2020, 10:48:57 pm »
Well deserved indeed. Maggie always does such a nice job of being positive in posts, while also bringing an idea or suggestion that helps us all to improve. And that is why we are here l, after all.  A true class act! Excellent choice for this award!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Currently studying Intermediate Foundation 2

Fender Telecaster, Taylor 214CE-DLX, Martin 000-X2E, Fender Blues Junior IV

Get The Forum As A Mobile App