Author Topic: B1-703 Air changes (aspire to this)  (Read 779 times)

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 676
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 10:39:04 am by close2u »

Offline Prinz

• Good Vibes 0
Re: B1-703 Air changes (aspire to this)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 02:50:54 am »
I'm on module 7/half way through the beginner's course and have the following dilemma/question:

For chords A, D, and E  I can transition fairly comfortably (40-50 changes per minute) using finger 1 (index) as the anchor finger... but now that I have come to the topic of "air change" I am debating if I should simply forgo the anchor finger technique completely and adopt the air change one instead? The air change method is still very new to me and rather slow and both my transition speed and consistency are suffering so it makes it tough to move away from something that worked... unless of course it will pay off in the long term.

Moving for G to D or C I understand you have no choice but to use the air change but for chords transitions like A to D to E... is it best to air change still? Please advise!

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 414
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2021, 03:53:42 am »
Prinz, I would suggest doing air change work with A D E but continue to play songs using the anchor finger method. I think it will be beneficial since there are times when you will change to A D or E from another chord, without the anchor finger, like G to D. No reason I can think of when playing songs not to use the anchor finger technique if it is an option.
Began the adventure Dec 2016 expecting little, achieved more than I imagined, and now I'm a happy advancing beginner
Road Case: https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=41958.0
My Music: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2X_TlNs7agW-U0EBCDdbw

Offline Prinz

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2021, 04:30:28 am »
Thank you for the sound advice DavidP :)

Get The Forum As A Mobile App