Author Topic: That's Alright (Original Song)  (Read 516 times)

Offline Cagn on Rocks

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 41
That's Alright (Original Song)
« on: August 01, 2020, 06:02:46 pm »
Hello

I am glad to present you my new original song.
Roman gave me ideas to rework on some stuff, and he did his magic with the mix and prod, as always. Awesome. Thank you so much to Roman for spending hours on this new one. I feel really lucky to be working with you.

Lyrics are available in the video description  ;)

I hope you will like it. Any feedback is more than welcome (good and bad  ;) )

More should be coming  ;)

Love,

Cagn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIyoQKctpRg

https://soundcloud.com/user-543955272/thats-alright-original-song

Offline crocodile1

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 28
Re: That's Alright (Original Song)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 07:05:48 pm »
Hi Kevin,
very interesting song from you, my congratulations!
love instruments, vocals and, of course, strong lyrics.
Good mix from Roman as usual.
Perfect collab, guys!
Leo

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 128
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 08:08:22 pm »
Hey great track Kevin, it really rocks. How nice to see you poke fun at the selfish folks in this world. There's an old English saying "I'm alright Jack" which kinda means screw everyone else as long as its not me !!
Good vocals, stonking guitars and a great production from Roman - was getting worried about him as he's been very quiet. Hope all is well in Paris.

RaK still RoKin  ;)

Cheers

Toby
 8)
Arrived here Mar 2013 Since completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM and MTMS Now on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
My Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537.msg339454#msg33945

Offline brianlarsen

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 89
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 10:40:46 pm »
Very cool original rockin' tune, Kevin.
Video looks like it took a lot of work as well.
Love the way the lettering comes out from under the suggestive hand in the groin  ;)
Vibes  8)

Offline sairfingers

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 43
  • 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿The guitar is the coolest instrument in the world
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 10:50:12 pm »
Hi Kev. Enjoyed the original song, vocals, guitar and production. I’m afraid the significance of the pencil drawn video was lost on me despite the huge amount of work that must have gone into it.
Justin’s BC (classic) completed, now on IM, Folk Fingerstyle and some Blues licks and impro...😎
Martin D28 : Gibson SG : Boss Katana 50.

Offline Cagn on Rocks

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 41
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2020, 12:16:11 am »
Thanks guys for great comments and all those feedback.

Hi Kevin,
very interesting song from you, my congratulations!
love instruments, vocals and, of course, strong lyrics.
Good mix from Roman as usual.
Perfect collab, guys!
Leo
Thank you so much for all the great feedback on this song Leo. I really appreciate this.

Hey great track Kevin, it really rocks. How nice to see you poke fun at the selfish folks in this world. There's an old English saying "I'm alright Jack" which kinda means screw everyone else as long as its not me !!
Good vocals, stonking guitars and a great production from Roman - was getting worried about him as he's been very quiet. Hope all is well in Paris.

RaK still RoKin  ;)

Cheers

Toby
 8)
Thanks Toby for the great comment. I think humour and sarcasm can be a great weapon to address some issues of our society. Thanks for telling me about "that"s alright Jack" haha I did not know this. That's cool to know thank you.
Thank you so much for the awesome compliments on that song.
Cheers

Very cool original rockin' tune, Kevin.
Video looks like it took a lot of work as well.
Love the way the lettering comes out from under the suggestive hand in the groin  ;)
Vibes  8)
Hey Brian, than you so much, I really appreciate this. I wanted to do a simpler video than I used to, but I guess it took lots of time anyway hahah. But it's different from what I used to do and it's cool to experiment new things.
Thank you

Hi Kev. Enjoyed the original song, vocals, guitar and production. I’m afraid the significance of the pencil drawn video was lost on me despite the huge amount of work that must have gone into it.
Thank you for your feedback it's cool to know all of that. That is the risk with this kind of video. It can be good, or not good for the listener haha... thank you

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 307
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2020, 06:31:16 am »
Congrats, Kevin and Roman, another production that is a treat to listen, a lyric to give one cause for pause and reflection, and an interesting video which supported the song's message in my imagination.

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 109
  • Well I am working on it.
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2020, 03:55:16 pm »
Hey,
Did not know you were handy wit the pencil! Good work there and great work displayed in this song. Nice mix for sure. Nice rocking tune and I enjoyed it....

Rock on!
LB
You can rock a bit here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNOrtongjfX4RI33JWKwn7Q/featured

"I just experiment in guitar and music, at times something good comes of it..."
LB

Offline KasperFauerby

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 115
    • Kaspers SoundCloud
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2020, 04:57:45 pm »
Hey Kevin,

Good to see you (and Roman) are back at doing music. Nice little song and very creative video! I don't think you are the one drawing (?) but are you doing the animations and such? Must be a hell of a lot of work ;)

Cheers,
Kasper

Offline Cagn on Rocks

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 41
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2020, 03:37:56 pm »
Thank a lot for the great feedback. I am glad you like the song, and the video also.

It's my sister who draws. I draw like a 5 year old child. haha
I have ideas that I tell my sister and then she does her magic with the pencil.
And I do all my videos editing, animations and everything by myself indeed  ;). It can take a lot of time yes (shooting and editing).

Thanks listening and positive comments  ;)

Offline pkboo3

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 57
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2020, 07:03:39 pm »
Such creativity by you, your sister; and Roman too. As always, awesome vocals and instrumental skills all around.

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 136
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2020, 02:03:09 am »
Kevin this is a wonderful piece of art and music. There's a compelling mix of innocent charm and powerful punch. I love the increasing range of vocal sounds you're producing, they create vivid images and emotions in me. The art work has such directness and honesty.

Roman as always has done you proud.

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 544
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2020, 09:34:54 am »
Kevin (plus Roman, plus the anonymous artist) ...

this rocks ... in every way, not just musical.

It gives the listener and viewer a great big ball of energy to handle.
The power starts crackling from the start.
You play a blistering solo in the middle that is perfect for the high intensity.
 8)

Offline Cagn on Rocks

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 41
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2020, 11:29:22 pm »
Such creativity by you, your sister; and Roman too. As always, awesome vocals and instrumental skills all around.
Thank you so much for this great comment. It took some time to arrive there, but I think it was worth it. I really appreciate this, thank you.

Kevin this is a wonderful piece of art and music. There's a compelling mix of innocent charm and powerful punch. I love the increasing range of vocal sounds you're producing, they create vivid images and emotions in me. The art work has such directness and honesty.

Roman as always has done you proud.
Thank you Maggie for you feedback, it means a lot. Well I am glad the song, and the drawing / video, give the listeners emotions. It think this is what music is for. So in a way I have done my job, haha, even though nothing is ever perfect (or everything is ??  ::) ;D haha).
My sister gill get all these compliments for her drawing. I love when she draws cause she is so good at it, sometimes she doesn't draw at all, but I think we found a good arrangement, each time I do a new original song, she has to do a draw something for me, ahah it 's cool thing I think.
Roman is so talented, man, this unbelievable to be able to work with him in any song...
Thank you so much Maggie

Kevin (plus Roman, plus the anonymous artist) ...

this rocks ... in every way, not just musical.

It gives the listener and viewer a great big ball of energy to handle.
The power starts crackling from the start.
You play a blistering solo in the middle that is perfect for the high intensity.
 8)
Thank you so much Close. I really appreciate it.
Honestly for a long time I was thinking of not putting any solo section in the song, but in the end I thought it was really nice and give a better transition between parts. For several months I had that little bridge section (kind of rap), directly linked to the last chorus (there wasn't the quiet part with the synths either, which I like a lot now, and works well in the dynamics variation of the song). So I went for a basic rock solo but I think it works very well.... And the thing is that, the rhythm section during that solo, I like it a lot. And for a long time this was used for my chorus, but the chorus with this rhythm and the singing melody I had, was not working at all, it was kind of boring, so I came up with a new chorus. And as I liked this rhythm part, I kept it for the solo section. Ahah writing a song is not always easy, but in the end everything can be used, the process is really funny, I love it.
Thank you so much for giving me your feedback I really appreciate it.

Offline Mike Sebastian P

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 13
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2020, 05:25:52 pm »
Hey guys, great show again from both of you! Great song and of course an interesting video.
Keep on rock!

Mike

Offline Alex6strings

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 30
  • Without the guitar, life would Bb
    • Instagram
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2020, 05:56:42 am »
Woohoo, great original Kevin, really cool song mate.   Loved the guitar work and the mix is superb!  Keep em coming mate, you are really good at writing.
"Hand me a guitar and I'll play the blues, it's the place i automatically go"  EC

Offline embishop

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 103
  • Playing my way to a new way of thinking. ~ JG
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2020, 05:18:49 pm »
That was simply brilliant in all aspects. Wow. Loved the lyrics, the music, the mix, and the rocking guitar. I also loved the concept of the video, very well done. Your sister is talented too!

Mari
American Pro Strat HSS, Gretsch G5420T, 
Taylor GS Mini-e Koa, Epiphone SG400
Boss Katana 50
Yamaha Clavinova CLP-525 digital piano

Get The Forum As A Mobile App