Author Topic: adi_mrok's Road case  (Read 162 times)

Offline adi_mrok

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 5
adi_mrok's Road case
« on: July 30, 2020, 11:05:07 pm »
Okay so this is my first post in I hope many more during my forum road case journey.

I have joined this forum recently and I find it quite interesting and peaceful space which is a nice of a change comparing to all the rest of the internet. :)

My plan is to post here my progress and set my short and long term goals in my learning adventure so there it goes.

I came back to playing after too long of a break due to being too engaged with my education and working my way out in my profession. Now I have finally seems like settled I bought a fairly appropriate guitar, amp with effects and I am cracking on.

Practice routine:
- G maj scale technique and pace - at the moment 90x4bpm pretty much spot on, still getting some errors on 100bpm, attempt taken on 110bpm but still not comfortable.
- Bending/vibrato - seems they are getting a lot better after weeks of practice, train during licks rather than on their own.
- Blues licks from the web - (recheck at home which one from the list still need working on)
- New practice - practice each lick on its own with a backtrack, experiment with it
- Song section

Songs I've learnt since getting back to guitar:
- Fast Car - comfortable playing, need to figure out how to play and sing along, really difficult to split my mind up
- Hey there Delilah - spot on, singing seems all right along playing, perhaps after polishing my first video on the forum?
- Betterman - pretty okay but still need to put some work on it
- Heartbeats - bridge still behind, polish and practice pace
- Gotten  - verse 1 transcribed, in process transcribing remaining song, 50% of chorus done. Focus on this mainly

Long term goals:
- Hey Oh Snow
- Sultan of Swings
- Pride and Joy (soul wrecking really how difficult it is!)
- Minor pentatonic over different keys and chords
- Mixing with major pentatonic
- what scales or modes during rock songs? Research
- more licks! Some rock ones as well.
- Rude SRV
- Yellow Ledbetter
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 01:59:08 am by adi_mrok »

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 307
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
Re: adi_mrok's Road case
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 06:54:33 am »
Enjoyed the read, adi_mrok, wish you well with achieving your goals. Sure you'll get there based on the routines you have and enjoy the journey. Do look forward to some recordings being posted.

Offline adi_mrok

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 5
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 01:07:07 pm »
Thanks David for warm reply, once I get kind of more used to use this forum and overcome my insecurities I will definitely try to record something up for the community. Keep well,

A

Sent from my SM-G973F using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 307
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 01:38:07 pm »
Thanks David for warm reply, once I get kind of more used to use this forum and overcome my insecurities I will definitely try to record something up for the community. Keep well,

A

My pleasure, A.

Would never presume to downplay the courage it takes to make that first post, with one's insecurities and the sense of exposure and vulnerability when one posts. But having been there, I can only say the Community is most generous and supportive of everybody who takes the plunge. And it has been hugely helpful to me, mostly the encouragement received plus feedback and pointers.

And reading your first post, sounds to me like you are at a level where you are more than ready to be able to share recordings of your playing, given you are even talking about trying to learn some SRV songs  :o

Offline adi_mrok

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 5
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 02:21:04 pm »
Haha but bear in mind those are Long Term goals, SRV is crazy difficult to me, tried to get the first bit of Pride and Joy sorted where he rakes bottom three string but man this barrell type of strimming and keeping everything muted put me away a bit as I would spend months on it and I really need to increase the number of songs I know as its bit silly how little songs I can play which are more technically advanced. Thanks again for your attention, its good to be heard out :)

BW,
A

Sent from my SM-G973F using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Get The Forum As A Mobile App