Author Topic: Gypsy jazz suggestion  (Read 313 times)

Offline pumukk

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
Gypsy jazz suggestion
« on: July 27, 2020, 03:13:41 pm »
Hi I think a gypsy jazz series would be amazing. There is a guy who has some lessons on line of gypsy jazz and looks like a really good teacher with amazing communication skills (Sven Jungbeck). He has some lessons on line but he doesn't follow a proper order because they are focus in advances players. Maybe you can ask to him to make something together it would be amazing. Have a look if you can he has a lot of potential to be a good teacher.

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 114
    • YouTube
Re: Gypsy jazz suggestion
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 04:06:31 pm »
If Justin does a Gypsy Jazz module before a hard rock guitar module, there will be an all out mutiny on this ship! Too each his own, I kid of course, sort of... :)

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 307
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 04:27:05 pm »
If Justin does a Gypsy Jazz module before a hard rock guitar module, there will be an all out mutiny on this ship! Too each his own, I kid of course, sort of... :)

LMAO

If hard rock would be typified by lessons to be able to play more like Angus and Malcolm then I can see Justin delivering the goods, and maybe the song lessons already available may help?

If gypsy jazz lessons would be about playing more like Django and Bireli then I am not going to be taking such lessons any time soon but would love to see them none the less.

And kind of totally not related, my brother and I were musing in our weekly chat yesterday as to the vagaries of the Rolling Stone 100 best guitarists, that puts Slash within two places of Peter Green ...

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 114
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 07:17:38 pm »
I've had to look outside of Justin's courseware in order to get comprehensive hard rock guitar lessons. It's not the end of the world. No one teacher can be all things to all people. There is a lot more to various genres and sub-genres than learning a few songs. Clear instructions on the various elements and tricks need to be laid out in focused lessons from a person with extensive experience in a given area. Justin makes his hay by teaching the foundational elements of guitar playing. He does that well and is the best around for that purpose.       

Get The Forum As A Mobile App