Author Topic: REVIEWS of RUST here please :)  (Read 102505 times)

Offline Gibbon

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 2
Re: REVIEWS of RUST here please :)
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2012, 01:04:58 am »
Love it! Enough said:)

GuitarDiva

« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2013, 01:01:48 am »
Just downloading my ISO of this course, really excited to get started.   ;D
Like many I have found myself in a rut, same up & down strumming, trying to make my chords sound like the songs I know so well.  I know loads of chords, have a good musical ear, but need help to take me to the next level.
So I have called in Justin  :D
Going to buy the scale ISO file next, as I am also desperate to take my playing to the next level.

Thanks Justin for your wonderful resources  ;D

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 163
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2013, 07:55:07 am »
Thanks for the good vibes here :) very happy y'all diggin it!
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline jusca

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2013, 04:42:51 am »
Oh my!  Justin, RUST is the most excellent rhythm resource!  It has helped me tremendously with ties, upstrokes, and counting syncopated patterns.  I've only had RUST1 for 2 weeks and I'm breezing through it.  The patterns are becoming second nature to play and hear some of them in songs.  I can't wait to start RUST 2!  I'm on my way to some funky playing...yay! :D

Offline LG

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 0
Re: Review
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2013, 12:21:52 am »
Like Rx40user I received the DVD a week after I ordered it (in the US).

The information contained on the DVD is explained very simply, especially things like the chuck strum.

Great stuff!  8)

I'm in the US as well.  Did you buy the NTSC format? 

Offline LG

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2013, 12:27:25 am »
What does RUST stand for? 
US residents - did you buy the NTSC format? 

Offline Cal

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 14
  • West Bromwich • UK
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2013, 01:51:10 am »
What does RUST stand for?

Really Useful Strumming Techniques  :)
Washburn D13S
Washburn R308S

Offline sophiehiker

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 34
  • Salida, Colorado USA
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2013, 12:18:54 pm »
Yes, I'm in the US and bought the NTSC format.
...where the deer and the antelope play.  Well, they're not really playing.  They're fleeing in terror.

Offline Macabre

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2014, 03:52:45 pm »
Just got round to buying the ISO file for this. Windows 7 actually has an option to burn ISO files to disc which was handy! So I did that, and then converted it to MP4 format so I can play it on my iPad. Cracking DVD as always. Love the PDF of the strumming patterns too. Got that all printed out to refer to when I'm playing beginners songs. I'm at Stage 7 of the beginners course, and it is nice to incorporate it into my practice routine. Thanks Justin and keep up the good work!
Seagull Original S6 & Washburn EAT12 
Fender Standard Telecaster with Mustang 1 v2 amp
La Patrie Etude

Offline 1ndo

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2014, 03:20:24 pm »
So.... I give this dvd 6 out of 5 stars! Three months ago I would have considered myself a complete beginner. Being one of those hundreds of thousands if not millions of people who were lucky enough to come across Justin's course, I have progressed very fast. I am fairly committed and play probably 30-60 min a day but only because of the progress and fun I am having due to this teaching method. One of the things I struggled with after stage 4 was to get the next few strumming patterns down that Justin would suggest in the Beginners Song Book for songs I would try. After reading the reviews here I bought the RUST DVD 1 as an ISO file and use Daemon tools to mount the image as a dvd(this program is free). Only being through patterns 1-8, I am already beginning to utilize the one minute changes program so my chord changes are helping me to sound(to me of course) like a real guitar player! So absolutely beyond stoked Justin. God has clearly put you on this earth to teach the greatest of all instruments and I can't thank you enough. You have my recommendation always and I look forward to continuing my journey through RUST 2 and your intermediate course.

My eternal thanks!

-JD
Guitars:
Fender T-Bucket 300ce
Ibanez RG 320 DX
Amp:
Blackstar ID:15 TVP

Offline keithb

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2014, 08:28:48 pm »
Hi
had the rust1 a couple of weeks and seeing a big improvement very easy to follow thanks to the clear instruction.
one point justin says at the beginning to place guitar on right leg (no problem) and tap  left leg (again no problem) then proceeds to tap his right leg :o a case of do as i say not as i do.

but very good overall would recomend to any one
                                                            Keith

Offline lguitar

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2014, 11:22:57 am »
hi can someone put a link of the pdf as I can not see it, and I like to print it out it the strumming dvd 1 that I like to have

Offline Macabre

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2014, 09:15:05 am »
hi can someone put a link of the pdf as I can not see it, and I like to print it out it the strumming dvd 1 that I like to have

Do you already have the RUST 1 DVD? If so there should be a PDF on the disc. If you don't have it, then if you want the PDF you are going to have to part with some cash!
Seagull Original S6 & Washburn EAT12 
Fender Standard Telecaster with Mustang 1 v2 amp
La Patrie Etude

Offline ilfornaio

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 7
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2014, 02:55:22 pm »
I bought the RUST1 DVD (iso PAL format) on may while consolidating the BC.
Now I'm almost at the end of the DVD (practicing percussive strumming).
As always, the Justin teaching is clear and methodic and this DVD simply just works.
I think I will go for RUST 2 as soon as I will have this DVD consolidated.

BC course started in Jan 2014
IM course  started in Jan 2015
electric guitar -> Fenix Stratocaster
acoustic guitar -> eko evo 018 cw
AMP -> Fender MUSTANG 1 v2

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 163
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2014, 08:23:43 am »
Glad you're all enjoying it :)
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline Jawzenator

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2014, 09:14:45 am »
        I just got Rust 1.....I felt like I was in a rut and needed to snap out of it. This DVD will accomplish that I think. After 8 months of playing I have a lot of my open chords down but seem to always gravitate to one rhythm pattern. This DVD gives you loads of techniques to work on.  Justin always explains everything clearly (as always) and is very encouraging throughout.

I do have to mention one thing though. I am one of those hicks Justin talked about  during the alternate bass note lesson. I don't care for Neil Young or The Beatles. My musical heroes were people like Chet Atkins, Buck Owens, Ricky Skaggs, Lester Flatt, Pete Anderson, Brent Mason etc.... I was a bit shocked to hear Justin talking smack on country music! :P

Overall I think anyone who is taking the beginners course should defiantly purchase this course. I would also suggest the Beginners Songbook too! They all three tie in well with each other.

Offline xyzzyfl

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 6
  • Leap and the net will appear
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2016, 12:37:41 am »
I've been having a blast with percussive strumming pattern #20. What fun to strum and it sounds great. I've been switching between E7, A7 and B7 and C, D, G. Now if I could just get the rest of my playing working as well as the strum patterns. Getting RUST2 is on my todo list.

Thanks, Justin, for a terrific product.
2015 Taylor T5z
2015 Taylor 712c 12 Fret
2015 Taylor GS Mini (hog)

Offline Stormya

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2016, 11:04:40 am »
Fantastic. Very very helpful. Well worth getting. Would definitely suggest all beginners get it.  Great information, great confidence builder.
Seagull S6 Original
Seagull Artist Folk

Offline louie728

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2016, 06:51:17 pm »
I would like to buy this but I don't have a DVD player (at least handy) :(  Even my laptop doesn't have a drive.  I see a mention  that some were able to purchase and download (ISO).  Is this no longer available?

Offline stitch101

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 250
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2016, 07:41:20 pm »
I would like to buy this but I don't have a DVD player (at least handy) :(  Even my laptop doesn't have a drive.  I see a mention  that some were able to purchase and download (ISO).  Is this no longer available?

Give Jedi a shout or email.
Here's his info
http://www.justinguitar.com/en/AA-090-CustomerServices.php

Offline dsilvar89

• Good Vibes 1
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2017, 06:14:07 am »
Mate this stuff is GOLD ! I decided to buy this even though I had already progressed pretty well due to following your advice laid out in the song books + song videos.

My Strategy: 2 times a day

5 mins for each strumming pattern using a metronome - Start slowly and tap your foot to each beat of the metronome, then add in the strumming pattern.

On a journal note down the bpm and gradually increase , took me 2 weeks to go from 60 bpm to 160 Bpm for Old Faithful.

Cheers Justin

Get The Forum As A Mobile App