Author Topic: Looking for good headphones to my amp  (Read 198 times)

Offline adi_mrok

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 2
Looking for good headphones to my amp
« on: June 28, 2020, 10:23:09 pm »
Hi guys can anyone recommend some good headphones to my amp (boss katana 50 mk II)? I am after:

- a good sound quality
- long lead (2-3 meters ideally) so amp doesnt have to be too close to me
- big jack connector so I don't need any adapters when connecting to my amp.

Sent from my SM-G973F using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 124
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
Re: Looking for good headphones to my amp
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 11:16:50 pm »
Shure SRH440 works for me  8)
Arrived here Mar 2013 Since completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM and MTMS Now on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
My Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537.msg339454#msg33945

Offline Drubbing

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 101
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 01:31:36 am »
Don't spend good money if you're not going to use the phones for other listening.

Guitar amps aren't hifi equipment, and guitars only put out a narrow range of frequencies, so 'quality' sound isn't possible.

Offline adi_mrok

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 02:31:35 am »
I just want to use it to jam during evenings when I want to use bit more aggresive effects :) one thing I didn't mention is that I want headphones to be comfy as in not to squeeze my head too much.
Don't spend good money if you're not going to use the phones for other listening.

Guitar amps aren't hifi equipment, and guitars only put out a narrow range of frequencies, so 'quality' sound isn't possible.

Offline sairfingers

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 30
  • 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿The guitar is the coolest instrument in the world
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 11:45:59 am »
I bought Audio Technica ATH-M20X headphones £39 from Amazon. They are light, comfortable and sound great. Perfect for occasional silent practice. I have other better quality headphones for hi fi listening use.
Started with JG Feb 2018. BC (classic) completed, now on IM, Folk Fingerstyle and some Blues licks and impro...😎
Martin D28 : Gibson SG : Boss Katana 50.

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 124
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 06:04:42 pm »
I just want to use it to jam during evenings when I want to use bit more aggresive effects :) one thing I didn't mention is that I want headphones to be comfy as in not to squeeze my head too much.

I use my Shure's for listening to all sorts of media not just noodling and the audio quality is very good in my opinion. They are very comfortable over the ear fit, eliminating extraneous noise. Only down side the 2 metre cable 3.5mm jack into phones and 3.5mm jack into 1/4 inch adaptor is split between straight and coiled, so I bought a 3m cable from Shure that has the 3.5mm jack into the headphones and a threaded 3.5 mm jack at the other end that can uses the original 1/4 inch jack. Means I can sit at the PC listen or play to owt or stand up and jam if I feel like it.

Works for me  8)
Arrived here Mar 2013 Since completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM and MTMS Now on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
My Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537.msg339454#msg33945

Get The Forum As A Mobile App