Author Topic: Rust to Restoration - first time I played bass in public.  (Read 1683 times)

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 136
Re: Rust to Restoration - first time I played bass in public.
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2020, 02:42:22 am »
I think you stole the show. You're mesmerizing. The bass could've been louder, but you sounded great!

Oh Lynn what a generous thing to say. I feel so encouraged by your words, thankyou.

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 170
    • Point Fifty
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2020, 08:57:47 am »
Damn this is rock 'n' roll!
Always a delight to see you in action and even though you had your setbacks, you find a way.
You are an inspiration to many!
This truly gave me a smile on my face and made my morning.
Can't wait to get back on the stage myself after seeing this video.

I don't know this Skotty guy but he seems a genuine warm fella.
What a cool song by the way!

Bass is fun right?!
I used to underestimate it.
I picked up bass myself becasue the company band already has 2 guitar players now and I seem the only one confident enough to do vocals, guitar ànd bass :p
my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 136
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2020, 01:04:18 am »
Damn this is rock 'n' roll!
Always a delight to see you in action and even though you had your setbacks, you find a way.
You are an inspiration to many!
This truly gave me a smile on my face and made my morning.
Can't wait to get back on the stage myself after seeing this video.

I don't know this Skotty guy but he seems a genuine warm fella.
What a cool song by the way!

Bass is fun right?!
I used to underestimate it.
I picked up bass myself because the company band already has 2 guitar players now and I seem the only one confident enough to do vocals, guitar and bass :p

So kind of you Lieven, thankyou and yes I'm determined to find a way, always. I'm glad it made you smile and fired up your enthusiasm to perform again. You're right about Skotty, he's is a warm, generous, genuine and a whole lot more. As I said in an earlier post, the combination of the folk in this forum, Justin's lessons and Skotty has seen me achieve things I didn't even dream of 3 years ago.

I love bass and hope to get back to playing it by the end of the year. Very impressed with your multi-talented versatility.

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 128
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2020, 07:23:35 am »
Maggie that was Good  ;) very GOOD

Listened a couple of days back but finally got round to posting comments. Thought you did a grand job on the bass, specially having to pick back up after the "interval". And it looks like you have a great teacher there if his enthusiasm, energy and talents are anything to go by. Hope things are moving in the right directions with your injuries. Certainly inspiring performance to everyone here on the forum.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Toby
 8)
Arrived here Mar 2013 Since completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM and MTMS Now on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
My Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537.msg339454#msg33945

Offline Alex6strings

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 30
  • Without the guitar, life would Bb
    • Instagram
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2020, 09:20:42 am »
Wow I just found this Maggie, what a great opportunity and you killed it! (In a good way)
Bravo for getting up there and bravo at your bass playing, it was really good and you were in the groove!  Scotty is the kinda guy I would love to have a late night jam with!
Many years ago my niece was an up and coming young singer she had a band and the bass player left. The guitar player was my music teacher at school.  They had gigs lined up for the next few months, twice a week at a big restaurant.  I got a call one night asking, begging me to play bass in the band. I agreed and we had a rehearsal and we were good.  I had to learn 40 songs very quickly and because she sung a lot of I don't know stuff like Dixie chicks etc, the bass lines were suprisingly tuff. Anyway I did months of gigs even got featured in a tv add for the place.  I forgot my point but I anyway it was was fun.   I was young and had no fear...wish I was like that now. 
Loved seeing you up there Maggie!

Sent from my CPH1920 using JustinGuitar Community mobile app
"Hand me a guitar and I'll play the blues, it's the place i automatically go"  EC

Offline brianlarsen

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 89
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2020, 11:18:14 am »
Hey Maggie,
Like Toby, a little late commenting, but gave me a good reason to watch and listen again.
Yeah! You are rockin' it right there!  8)
I thought I was having deja vu, but it was because you had posted a couple of pics  in your roadcase and I had checked out Skotty's version on his fb page I think.
Anyway, it's a great song- and how cool to have someone write a song about you?
Well done you and I hope you're still on the mend
Cheers

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 136
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2020, 01:04:02 am »
Maggie that was Good  ;) very GOOD

Listened a couple of days back but finally got round to posting comments. Thought you did a grand job on the bass, specially having to pick back up after the "interval". And it looks like you have a great teacher there if his enthusiasm, energy and talents are anything to go by. Hope things are moving in the right directions with your injuries. Certainly inspiring performance to everyone here on the forum.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Toby
 8)

Thanks so much Toby for your lovely comments. I'm very fortunate to have Skotty leading the way, he's everything you say and a whole lot more. He strikes an excellent balance between challenging me and not pushing me so far I crack. Injuries are healing but I wish it could be a whole lot faster, so much music to make and stuff to learn.

Hope you're enjoying your new guitar and how soon will we hear more of it?

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 136
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2020, 01:12:18 am »
Wow I just found this Maggie, what a great opportunity and you killed it! (In a good way)
Bravo for getting up there and bravo at your bass playing, it was really good and you were in the groove!  Scotty is the kinda guy I would love to have a late night jam with!
Many years ago my niece was an up and coming young singer she had a band and the bass player left. The guitar player was my music teacher at school.  They had gigs lined up for the next few months, twice a week at a big restaurant.  I got a call one night asking, begging me to play bass in the band. I agreed and we had a rehearsal and we were good.  I had to learn 40 songs very quickly and because she sung a lot of I don't know stuff like Dixie chicks etc, the bass lines were suprisingly tuff. Anyway I did months of gigs even got featured in a tv add for the place.  I forgot my point but I anyway it was was fun.   I was young and had no fear...wish I was like that now. 
Loved seeing you up there Maggie!

Hey thank Alex, I appreciate your comments.  Sometimes Skotty hands me one of his electrics and off we go with me attempting to jam with him. It's messy and it's fun. One of his talents is that he can go anywhere with his students, from beginners to really good players. I'm sure you and he would have a great time jamming.

Don't let your age or your fear  stop you Alex. 

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 136
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2020, 01:19:07 am »
Hey Maggie,
Like Toby, a little late commenting, but gave me a good reason to watch and listen again.
Yeah! You are rockin' it right there!  8)
I thought I was having deja vu, but it was because you had posted a couple of pics  in your roadcase and I had checked out Skotty's version on his fb page I think.
Anyway, it's a great song- and how cool to have someone write a song about you?
Well done you and I hope you're still on the mend
Cheers

Thanks very much for popping in Brian. Yeah pretty cool to have a song written about/for me and it's a crackin' song I reckon. I was gob smacked to say the least. It wasn't till I heard the "Hot pink finish with my chrome all sparkle shiny" that I had an inkling the song was about me in my state of disrepair. Pink is my fave colour.

I haven't been able to play Red my bass since that performance, but as you know I'm playing Cedar so that's a good thing. I'm hoping to be able to play Red before the year ends.

Thanks again Brian for your encouragement.

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 128
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2020, 06:04:07 pm »
Thanks so much Toby for your lovely comments. I'm very fortunate to have Skotty leading the way, he's everything you say and a whole lot more. He strikes an excellent balance between challenging me and not pushing me so far I crack. Injuries are healing but I wish it could be a whole lot faster, so much music to make and stuff to learn.

Hope you're enjoying your new guitar and how soon will we hear more of it?

Oh I wish I could share it with you. Wife had a 2nd MI a couple of weeks back so recovery is still on going. Trying to play most evenings but it effects my mind set. So much I want to record but so little focus. But hey life goes on. Good to hear you are healing, more metta on the way to speed that up  ;)
Arrived here Mar 2013 Since completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM and MTMS Now on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537.msg339454#msg33945

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 136
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2020, 01:35:12 am »
Oh I wish I could share it with you. Wife had a 2nd MI a couple of weeks back so recovery is still on going. Trying to play most evenings but it effects my mind set. So much I want to record but so little focus. But hey life goes on. Good to hear you are healing, more metta on the way to speed that up  ;)

Toby I'm dismayed to hear this. I know your wife has travelled a rocky road with her health. Sending thoughts of Wellness to both of you.

Metta gladly received. My PT is happy with my progress, will start strength exercises next week.

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 128
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2020, 07:20:08 pm »
Toby I'm dismayed to hear this. I know your wife has travelled a rocky road with her health. Sending thoughts of Wellness to both of you.

Metta gladly received. My PT is happy with my progress, will start strength exercises next week.

Thanks you Maggie. Be safe and well, Gassho _/\_

Offline Bytron08

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 56
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2020, 04:31:22 pm »
This is my first comment on the live forums i didnt realize you guys were coming here to Lol. That was really energetic and nice acoustic playing! You did great on the Bass Batwoman!! It looked like you was having a really great time!! And thats all that matters!!! Great job guys!! Sorry about your injury Batwoman, I hope you have recovered.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 136
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2020, 02:36:08 am »
This is my first comment on the live forums i didnt realize you guys were coming here to Lol. That was really energetic and nice acoustic playing! You did great on the Bass Batwoman!! It looked like you was having a really great time!! And thats all that matters!!! Great job guys!! Sorry about your injury Batwoman, I hope you have recovered.

Hey Bytron, glad you found the thread. It was fun. Thanks for good wishes on the recovery, still can't play bass, but I'm determined it will happen.

Offline Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 173
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2020, 03:24:01 am »
... still can't play bass, but I'm determined it will happen.

Who was that on the video then? That person played the bass just fine!

Cheers,

Keith

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Guitars: PRS Singlecut S2, Fender Tele Lite Ash, G&L Legacy Tribute, Freshman Apollo 2 OCBX, Gibson SG Special P90
Amps: Bugera G5 Head, Boss Katana 100
All sorts of other stuff.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 136
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2020, 04:46:33 am »
Who was that on the video then? That person played the bass just fine!

Cheers,

Keith

Parallel universe Keith  ;D

Get The Forum As A Mobile App