Author Topic: Slowdown software for Amazon Music  (Read 260 times)

Offline sherlock833

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 0
Slowdown software for Amazon Music
« on: June 24, 2020, 06:41:55 am »
Hi all, can I any reccomend a slow down app or software that is compact with Amazon Music?

I have found lots of apps but none are compatible with Amazon Music. Only mp3, Spotify and Apple Music.

I know YT has a slowdown feature but for me the settings don't work well

Thanks all

Sent from my SM-A505FN using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 160
Re: Slowdown software for Amazon Music
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 07:27:57 am »
If you are talking about streaming, then you are out of luck. The architecture (and security) of streaming services will not allow third-party tools to support this sort of capability.

Amazon Music would need to support this directly, for instance, in their client app.

For Amazon Music purchases, the downloads are standard formats which should load into any third-party tool, like Transcribe!

Cheers,

Keith

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Guitars: PRS Singlecut S2, Fender Tele Lite Ash, G&L Legacy Tribute, Freshman Apollo 2 OCBX, Gibson SG Special P90
Amps: Bugera G5 Head, Boss Katana 100
All sorts of other stuff.

Offline sherlock833

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 01:13:23 pm »
Thanks for reply. I did find one app on google play that let me slow down Spotify tracks. But then I switched to Amazon Music and nothing supports that.

Thought about downloading the tracks too but that still doesn't work.

I will check out transcribe

Sent from my SM-A505FN using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 160
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 01:41:25 pm »
I believe Spotify has built-n the ability to change the speed of playback. This isn't obviously exposed, but I understand it was originally designed to support runners who like to set the music tempo to match their running pace.

I don't think there is anything like that on Amazon Music, or any other streaming services I know of.

Cheers,

Keith
Guitars: PRS Singlecut S2, Fender Tele Lite Ash, G&L Legacy Tribute, Freshman Apollo 2 OCBX, Gibson SG Special P90
Amps: Bugera G5 Head, Boss Katana 100
All sorts of other stuff.

Offline branlew

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 12:59:30 pm »
I used to use a very good program called Just Practice. You could play an mp3 through it and adjust the speed by a wide margin without pitch problems. However, I can no longer find it. If anyone knows where to get it please let us know.  I have an alternative called Speedshifter.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 01:33:24 pm by branlew »

Get The Forum As A Mobile App