Author Topic: Songs from the Playroom (not the wood) Episode 2  (Read 2138 times)

Offline phx1973

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 60
Re: Songs from the Playroom (not the wood) Episode 2
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2020, 05:14:54 pm »
Thanks very much, Pam, appreciate you watching the show and the encouraging comment. If I recall there were quite a few barre chords in the Springsteen song, the instrumental portion at the end is quite a barre chord workout. Certainly worth persevering with them and like everything I am sure in time you will get them down.

Such is the case with most Springsteen songs I have looked at. He usually finds a way to fit a B minor in there, my arch enemy. LOL
Currently studying Intermediate Foundation 2

Fender Telecaster, Taylor 214CE-DLX, Martin 000-X2E, Fender Blues Junior IV

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 365
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
Re: Songs from the Playroom (not the wood) Episode 2
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2020, 07:40:07 am »
Such is the case with most Springsteen songs I have looked at. He usually finds a way to fit a B minor in there, my arch enemy. LOL

LOL this I did not know Tosh ... I just find the complexities of his rhythms and the phrasing of his vocals generally well beyond my current playgrade ... songs I can say with optimism that I am YET to be able to play. This one was a pleasantly surprising exception.

And as arch enemies go, the Bm in this case is ably supported by a C#m which comes after an open E the way I was playing it ... can't lie ... that was a out-of-my-comfort-zone change to negotiate with inconsistent levels of success.

Which makes this a great song to work on ... just wish I had Clarens in the room to blow the horn during those instrumental passages ... such a great part of the E Street Band sound.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App